• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

March forward, and fear not the thorns... March 2015 Gettin' & Stayin' Sober Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank god I made it thru the weekend
I have a nasty hangover from last night but I do drink on occasion
I am off to work now
Thank you everyone for helping me get thru the weekend
I wish everyone an amazing week!

same to you :)

Good luck Captain.Heroin you are a true inspiration to me, Im a drug addict with previous mental issues trying to get right & seeing your wisdom & the fact that you share it openly is pure sunshine captured in a post & blessed upon me & so many others on here thank you very much from the bottom of my heart for taking the time & effort when many people wouldn't waste their time or breath kudos to you my friend

Still here and still clean, life has been crazy busy. My GF relapsed and decided to go back to treatment Thank God. I am a bit lonely but its for the best. Greatest thing about it is I do not want to use!

10 months and 23 days clean for me!

That's great phactor I woulda had a little over 11 months if I didn't relapse but I have almost two months again ;)

I relapsed, took some acid 4 days ago but I'm now trying my best to do the right thing and stay clean, that's all i can do, is do my best

I can use your positive thoughts right now. I have nearly 8 months off stupidly high doses of hydrocodone. It was really tough to get through the immediate withdrawal, and PAWS were no picnic, either.

Today, my husband had minor surgery and needs to take hydrocodone for his recovery...and I am taking care of him. I won't take his meds, but I am so unbelievably triggered by his loopy-ness. I am craving for the first time in a long time. It feels like a physical ache as well as a desire.

I won't take his meds--I won't do that to him or to myself--but I could sure use all the strength you can send me.

Hey wanting congrats on 8 months that's amazing
You gotta look at this as a test and you will pass it
I know it's not gonna be easy but once your husband gets over the pain you will be so proud of yourself
Just try to not tempt yourself try to avoid any triggering situations other then seeing someone a little opiated
Be strong!!

I can use your positive thoughts right now. I have nearly 8 months off stupidly high doses of hydrocodone. It was really tough to get through the immediate withdrawal, and PAWS were no picnic, either.

Today, my husband had minor surgery and needs to take hydrocodone for his recovery...and I am taking care of him. I won't take his meds, but I am so unbelievably triggered by his loopy-ness. I am craving for the first time in a long time. It feels like a physical ache as well as a desire.

I won't take his meds--I won't do that to him or to myself--but I could sure use all the strength you can send me.

Hang in there <3

stay strong and know you're doing a great job. I hope your husband has a speedy and efficient recovery <3

Yes, congrats on 8 months! 7.5 myself <3 Hang in there… Just remember he won't be on the meds long term, hopefully. It will pass

Clean and sober for almost a year. Tomorrow will be my sober birthday. It's been hard no doubt, but I did it by surrounding myself with good supportive people. It's nice to have a life back kind of. It's also nice that my family trusts me now, that's something I want to maintain. Best of luck to everyone, be a trooper

Three weeks clean today...
and today is the fucking worst ever.
I lost my job,
I just wanna give up, I can't do this.
I'm so stressed out, How am I gonna pay my rent? I would just ditch town and be a bum in Vancouver, but I can't leave my cats! They are my world. What do I do?
I just gt paid today and I don't even have enough to pay my hydro bill, I might as well go GET some hydro...

but I'm at three weeks, I can't do that to myself...
I'm so on the verge of relapsing. but i feel like everything is totally worthless noow if I can't even hold a job for more than three months.

I need help.... :(

~Verri

Just ask yourself how using will improve your situation beyond MAYBE (key word MAYBE) a temporary escape.... I am sorry you lost your job, but you are too important and wonderful to use over this.

True. And maybe look at this as an opportunity to find another job or do something else? It could be a gift in disguise.
Also, my kitties kept me here when I wanted to use in the first month. I wasn't about to lose another cat like I did 9 years ago due to my addiction. It gets better. <3

I have the phone in my fucking hand.
My roomie doesnt seem to give a fuck cause I've done this so many times already.

I just need someone to help me, I feel like I have no one. I'm fucking worthless, I can't hold a job, why hold my life?

I really wanna die....

~Verri

Three weeks clean today...
and today is the fucking worst ever.
I lost my job,
I just wanna give up, I can't do this.
I'm so stressed out, How am I gonna pay my rent? I would just ditch town and be a bum in Vancouver, but I can't leave my cats! They are my world. What do I do?
I just gt paid today and I don't even have enough to pay my hydro bill, I might as well go GET some hydro...

but I'm at three weeks, I can't do that to myself...
I'm so on the verge of relapsing. but i feel like everything is totally worthless noow if I can't even hold a job for more than three months.

I need help.... :(

~Verri

why did you lose your job?

surely there's some government assistance to help you get back on your feet? <3 stay strong!!

I really wanna die....

I know this feeling all too well. Hang in there <3

I slept in for the third time in two weeks.

I don't know what's wrong with me, I ALWAYS hear my alarm and wake up. I even set like 4 alarms, but lately I haven't been waking up. I woke up 40 mins late to catch my bus today, and lost my job. Social assistance is hard to get onto, plus I owe the government a lot of money right now so I would have a way harder time trying to get on assistance.

Thanks for the support, I'm just so stressed right now, my boyfriend is still using, I've seen him once in a whole month, and it hurts me. I know every addict for themselves but I can't help it to know that I'm getting better and he's just rotting still.

I thought it would get easier after the first week or two but this is hard..
really hard.

~Verri

Status
Not open for further replies.