• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Marc Emery

Akoto

Bluelighter
How much impact do you think Marc Emery actually made towards the legalization of cannabis in Canada?

I always took him for a bit of a goofball.

Perhaps. But don't forget that he was extradited to the US, did 5 years in a federal prison all for selling seeds (which was legal in Canada at the time of his crimes). And it was the Canadian government that sold him out. He's got a lot of cred among long time Cdn pot users.

Tom

Salutations Akoto,

How much impact do you think Marc Emery actually made towards the legalization of cannabis in Canada?

Considering what Justin's "Légaleezation" really proved being about i've got to wonder if Emery would even like to get associated to it, not to mention the colateral damage this costed him and specially after Québec's special treatment in Montréal.

Good day, have fun!! ☮

And for being a total asshat towards law officials in general.

You're right, Marc Emery could have made things easier on himself. Even though I don't like some of his behaviour he took a stand and paid the price for it. What I didn't and still don't like is the Canadian government handing him over to the US.

Eh, there but for the grace of God, I only ended up in the drunk tank in the US for being offensive to a police officer. I *was* an asshat to an American law enforcement officer. Lesson will never be forgotten :)

Tom

What I didn't and still don't like is the Canadian government handing him over to the US.
For all intents and purposes, it's not the Canadian government that decides this, it's the judiciary, and they do so based on our export agreement with the U.S., which doesn't leave much flexibility. It's why we are in such of a hassle with Meng Wanzhou.

...and above all there's the United nations + World Health Organization where international treaties are born, starting with the 1925 Geneva Opium Convention which TrudeauManiacs promptly shuffled under the carpet in favour of putting blame on Nixon in the '60s... Not to mention yet another federalist Liberal name Raoul Dandurand happened to be rewarded for his "contribution" with the presidency chair that very same year.

A friend of mine knew Emery before he became the self-proclaimed Prince of Pot and allegedly he was a bit of a self-aggrandizing miser.

Honestly I think he was canny enough to take advantage of a gap in the 420 news market and, if not for Cannabis Culture giving him a soapbox to proselytize from, he would probably have been forgotten when he went behind bars.