• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

maoi's(nardil in this case) and lsd. Whats the truth?

wetwolves

Bluelighter
lsd nardil invega

so yah i wanted to know a couple of things. Im currently in the process of getting off nardil, how long after im off it would it be safe to trip. Also im also on invega which can dull the trip, how long do i have to stop that before i can trip normally(6mg is my dose 23 hours is the half life) . I take the invega for mood issues ive tripped a total of 8 time off L before starting the med(been 1 1/2 years since i tripped) L only comes around here once in a blue so i figure i live up the opportunity. Please no reply's telling me i shouldnt be doing this cause im on medication, I have tripped before and know what to expect, and im basicly the same person off the medication as i am on just a little more moody.

and im basicly the same person off the medication as i am on just a little more moody

While that may be so, your being rpescribed a powerful antipsychotic AND a antidepressant/MAOi. Its hard to give you safe advice considering these facts. The best advice IMO, is to not trip. If you HAVE to, you run a large risk of complicating whatever mood "disorder" you have.

I would not stop your meds to take LSD. I know this isn't the advice you want, but its the best I can give. :\

damn you people really like to play the father role, even after i stated i dont need that advice. Plenty of my friends are drugs that dull a trip and they stop taking their meds to roll and trip and then get back on them and are fine. Can someone just respect that my descisions are my own and please answer my questions.

without talking to me like im a fucking 10 year old, like this dood above me, im a grown fucking man i pave my own way and walk my own path.

and btw the way im stopping both nardil and the invega because i feel i dont need them anymore.Neither does my pdoc. She said they were just put there to get me back on my feet. Just because a person was on medication at one point in their life doesnt mean hes forbiden to trip ever again.

^you just overreacted like mad. congrats.

and no i know nothing about your question, just wanted to let you know how childish your replys were, and im basically a child still.

without talking to me like im a fucking 10 year old, like this dood above me, im a grown fucking man i pave my own way and walk my own path.

That was pretty uncalled for :\

As far as I can tell Swilow gave you good, honest and accurate advice. As he said, it wasn't the advice you wanted to hear but it is the truth.

Bluelight is a harm reduction forum so advising the way of least harm is kinda the point of the place. Then again there is the "I'm going to do it anyway so what's the safest way I can do this unsafe thing?" side which is why I'm leaving your question open for a while. Please have a lil respect for those that try to advise you or it will be a short while.

Other than that, I don't know the answers to your questions but maybe check out The Big and Dandy Medication/Supplement Interaction Thread too.

srry shambles i appolagize to u and swizle it just pissed me off. what i dont understand is if im going off the meds because the doctor and i feel Id be fine off them then what is the problem with me tripping again

It is impossible for us to assess if you are a mentally stable person through reading a post or two of yours. The fact that you are on an anti-psychotic is a red flag that you MAY not be completely stable.

Because this is a harm reduction board first and foremost, people here have a moral obligation to caution you.

yah but delta im getting off the meds cause my pdoc thinks im stable i dont get how me being on meds at one point in my life can affect your guys willingness to give me the advise i ask for?

Nardil won't have interactions with LSD since LSD is not metabolized by MAO.

As for the invega, I would wait a few days, until you have it out of your system. I'm not sure if quitting it causes any side-effects, but if it does you should wait until those are over.

thnx dread ur the man im thinking 4 days for the invega to get out considering it has a 24 hour half life but i think im gona wait a week just to be safe.

I mean if your doctor and yourself have both agreed on you discontinuing usage of invega then I'd say just wait a couple days and trip your acid.

thnx dread ur the man im thinking 4 days for the invega to get out considering it has a 24 hour half life but i think im gona wait a week just to be safe.

You only hear what you wanna hear ;)

If you want advice on taking drugs dangerously, Bluelight ain't the place. :\

Good on you for being a grown man THOUGH; I just tried to help. Luckily, I don't really care if you can trip or not; just whether you will flip an egg and fuck your entire life up. Sorry overly-sensitive-wet-dog. :D :p

Way to overreact. Did you stop taking your meds so soon?

If you're going to do it anyway, follow dread's advice.

Hey guys Ive read a lot of threads on here about combining maoi's and lsd. Some say it intensifies the experience, others say it doesnt change the experience, and some even say that the effects of lsd are greatly reduce if taken with an maoi. Just wondering whats the real deal with this combo. Are the effects reduced or are they intensified or maybe even not changed at all?

Merged with old existing thread that was started also by wetwolves.
This old thread was closed because it was considered closed but it is given a second chance. Anyone with experience taking this together step forward. Otherwise it will be closed and then I'm sorry but you will have to live with the fact that it is not known (here) and that you should consider it unpredictable and dangerous. At this point you are already advised against taking these together but as is common, I assume you are so interested in it that it motivates you not to just leave it be.
Just know that doing it anyway can aggravate your condition (I would say there is a good chance, a chance too big to take if one is responsible!), realize that this is where its at now and what you risk if you ignore it.

Also, dont forget about Shambles' tip to check the medication interaction thread that attracts a little more people and is sure to stay open. Thats all.

PHP:
If you want advice on taking drugs dangerously, Bluelight ain't the place.

Yeah right, I believe I have pointed out in the past (to no avail) the striking lack of easy access to harm minimization information on a site that presumes to advocate harm minimization. More a "we love drugs" club than anything else. :\

Anyway,

I was on Nardil and I too couldn't find any definete info so I (cautiously) experimented and found that nardil didn't much effect lsd at all. You can use them together just fine (in my experience).

PS Don't write loike your gangsta Wetwolves, its not cool :p

if i recall correctly, maybe it was in tihkal or something...

if you are on a pharm-grade MAOI for the length of time that they are prescribed, then your body is completely depleted of all MAO enzymes. This means you have "naturally" higher levels of mono-amines like DA, 5HT, NE. this is the intended effect, as it is designed to combat depression or stabilize mood. however if you try to trip, there will be excess 5HT at a receptor site, competing for the action of the drug [lsd in this case]. on paper, this could cause a reaction like trying to trip on SSRI-- your neurons are already filled with agonists, so the trip effect is DIMINISHED. on the other hand, lack of MAO enzyme means the drug hangs around longer, so the trip effect may be INCREASED.

final answer? it depends for each person. since we've established that you won't take no for an answer, i suggest taking 1/10th dose and looking for any adverse reaction. then gradually increase until you get where you want. you may find that you need less than you thought you needed. or you may find out that your brain is so well-controlled by nardil that you simply can't trip unless you eat a 10-strip. personally i would wait a whole month after quitting the pharms, just to determine how exactly my mood stabilizes. you can't tell me you know that you're "basically the same person" until you let your body and mind gradually return to baseline without the pharms. one day, or even one week off the drugs is NOT ENOUGH TIME for your body to completely replenish its supply of MAO enzyme, and your brain to regulate its chemical levels to suit.

remember, long-term pharm MAOI drugs have a completely different effect from short-term RIMA [reversible inhibitor of mao-A] drugs like harmala. roughly 12 hours after ingestion of harmala, your body's enzymes are about back to normal, and brain chemistry is relatively uneffected. i have read that harmala+lsd is a ridiculous trip, but good luck to anyone who decides to try it.