• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opioids Managing lower back pain from mild withdrawals?

sadmachine

Bluelighter
Just finished 20x20mg oxycodone's after a few months off and am in mild withdrawals. All the other symptoms are perfectly fine to deal with but everytime I get this lingering never-ending lower back pain. I'm not sure how much of it is psychosomatic and how much is from spending 2 weeks glued to the couch like a shrimp and not eating. Honestly if it wasn't for this back pain the whole thing would be a breeze/borderline enjoyable.

I'm constantly stretching, sitting in a deep squat (sometimes gives relief for 10-20 mins) or trying to massage my hip flexors. I have clonidine, clonazepam, loperamide, diphenhydramine and lots of weed in inventory. I took a half dose of clonidine (50mcg) last night and it didn't really help anything. Acetaminophen and Ibuprofen aren't helping the pain at all. Any suggestions?

Sadly besides other narcotics you won't get much relief for a while. As you may realize one of the most common symptoms of accurate withdrawal is back pain. So basically I either stayed on meds or quit all together. Took several months for my back pain to get to a level at which I could maintain with non narcotic meds.

Things I use no days for relief, I exercise, yoga, lots of fluids, CBD ,cbn, cbg, CBC, both topical and strong tincture. Weed edibles. As smoking weed or hitting a vape does get me high, it doesn't actually help my pain. I don't need huge doses, usually 100 mg of Delta 8 or 30 mg of d9.
CBD and d9 or d8 1 to 3 ratio is very helpful for my pain.

Muscle pain is difficult to treat tho especially when you're talking about withdrawal. My issues are skeletal and muscular in nature. I'd suggest a low dose weed edible and a massage. But even still you're brain chemistry is craving that oxycodone whether you feel it or not. Making it all the way through the withdrawal is the only real way to get a handle on long term pain relief.

I was on oxy and benzos for years so I completely understand if you think I'm full of it. But those drugs cause pain themselves. It's a cycle very few will ever break willingly. I can post a picture of my back X-ray. I'll show you I completely understand chronic back pain.

jesus christ those x-rays, that's a rough deal my friend.

Just took 8mg of loperamide, planning to take 1mg of klonopin and some weed, and then another 1mg before bed (potentially with a 100mcg clonidine too). Anything sinister about this combo? I've read as many contraindication/interaction pages as possible and from what i've gathered this combination should be relatively safe? Also a multi-vitamin for good measure.

I don't know anything other than the Klonopin. Like I mentioned before one of the acute withdrawal symptoms from not just painkillers but benzodiazepines is low back pain. I mean it's just kind of one of those things man You're kind of damned if you do and damned if you don't but that back pain is not going to go away as long as you're taking narcotics.

That's why I'm really on the fence about giving other chronic pain users advice because you might feel like your back is up against a wall and that you don't have any other choice. I so I can only tell you what works for me which was stopping all narcotic use and that sucked for a really long time. Now I have manageable pain. My quality of life has improved tinfold.

But it's hard when you have chronic pain. It's a really bad situation so you know I hope you get some relief but it's just chemistry at this point

I'd suggest an decent antiinflammatory and muscle relaxer... and a little down time.

Not really sure how effective the 8mg of loperamide was, but after 2mg of clonaz and a whole lot of weed the back pain was completely gone and my appetite was back with a vengeance. Woke up today with 0 lower back pain and honestly feel like I skipped a few days of WD's. Overall a success!

Not really sure how effective the 8mg of loperamide was, but after 2mg of clonaz and a whole lot of weed the back pain was completely gone and my appetite was back with a vengeance. Woke up today with 0 lower back pain and honestly feel like I skipped a few days of WD's. Overall a success!
Having been dealing with a compressed nerve root since Oct I agree Clonazapam is the only thing that will touch my pain besides a proper opiate. I have 100s of 10mg flexeril that do absolutely nothing, but 1 or 2 kpins will lower the pain by a large amount. Im at my wits end as far as pain is concerned, I'm in constant pain 24/7 and no doctor will prescribe more than a few days of T4, maybe Norco if I have to go to the ER. I'm scared to even mention it to my doctor, because I've already got a note in my med record about kratom.

1, massage, light exercise (u already do)
2, weed + any benzo or clonazepam
3, NSAID + if needed potentiated by paracetamol or metamizol.

Keep taking loperamide if it helps u with something but maybe 15-30mg codeine + nsaid or apap won't be wrong . I suffer chronic (and now acute ) pain too and narcotics caused more damage than good things. Do not take them daily, use only once in a while when u have strong pain, injury or something. I use daily but just because i have to, without tramadol and Oxycodone i Can not exist.

It's going to be different from person to person obviously. It's really important to note up-front that these suggestions are made with the mind that our problem is treating someone's pain for a period of 3-7 days, perhaps 10 at the most. After that, we cross into chronic analgesia needs which are completely and utterly different than what would be suggested here.

Benzodiazepines - I saw these suggested and did a double-take. With the above-stated in mind though, I can see how some responsible usage of Benzodiazepines could help get you through. Barbiturates, Benzodiazepines and even Amphetamines have been prescribed for pain in days past. My point is, we know that these medications make poor choices for pain management, but they can be effective subjectively in the short-term.

Cannabis - Nature's second best pain medicine after Opium. You could make a point that Cannabis is the best pain medicine due to its wider therapeutic index (it's propensity for causing death relative to its benefits). If Cannabis isn't easily available to you, you could try the CBD thing. I've never not used Cannabis, so I couldn't really comment on whether the stuff works or not, though many swear by it.

Topical Anesthetics - Your Icy/Hot, Bengay, Lidocaine stuff that is available at any drug store. I prefer the patches. The large patches with Lidocaine are the perfect size for centering on your spine and providing a large enough area of relief to keep you going.

OTC analgesics - Naproxen (Aleve), Acetaminophen; APAP; Paracetamol (these are synonyms for the drug commonly referred to as Tylenol), Ibuprofen (Advil). These are all going to do essentially the same thing. I find most people have a "go to" out of this group that they find suits their needs. Also, for instance, Acetaminophen is hard on the liver, while Ibuprofen can be hard on the gut and so on. You need to decide or yourself which is best.

Stretching - Stretching is one of the most under-utilized treatments for pain in this world. Myself and multiple people I've known with chronic back pain had their issues essentially cured via yoga. Don't discount its potential man.

These are all relatively accessible options. Let me know if you have any questions.