• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Man pleads guilty in synthetic drug death (2C-E)

Bluelight Crew
A Minnesota man who provided a synthetic drug that killed a 19-year-old and sent 10 other partygoers to the hospital last year pleaded guilty Thursday to third-degree unintentional murder.

Timothy LaMere, 22, of Blaine, entered his plea in Anoka County District Court, bringing a sudden end to a case that spurred calls for tougher laws against synthetic drugs and their variants. According to the agreement, he'll receive nine years and nine months in prison, the maximum under sentencing guidelines.

Prosecutors said LaMere caused Trevor Robinson's death by providing him with the drug 2C-E.

"Many families have been affected by this tragedy," Anoka County Attorney Tony Palumbo said. "Experimenting with drugs never leads to a good result. In this case, it led to death."

Palumbo said to his knowledge, this is the first murder conviction related to the distribution of 2C-E. A similar case is pending in Oklahoma, where two people died after ingesting a designer drug at a party.

According to court documents in the Minnesota case, LaMere arrived at a party in Blaine last year with a bottle containing a substance that he said would cause hallucinations. He offered it to anyone who wanted some, and he and Robinson inhaled it through their noses.

The criminal complaint said Robinson began "punching walls, breaking items, staring and having dilated pupils and yelling." He stopped breathing and was taken to a hospital, where he died of cardiac arrest due to drug toxicity.

LaMere and 10 others who took the drug also became sick. Officers arrived to find the victims, ages 16 to 21, with a variety of side effects. Some were having trouble breathing, some appeared to be hallucinating, and others acted violently and struggled with medical personnel.

According to the Star Tribune, LaMere told the court Thursday that he bought the synthetic drug online but didn't know it was illegal.

The U.S. attorney's office had told Anoka County prosecutors that it might pursue federal charges, which could carry stiffer penalties, if a deal wasn't reached. Defense attorney Brad Zunker told the court this factored into his client's decision to plead guilty, the Star Tribune reported.

Zunker did not immediately return a phone message left by The Associated Press.

The U.S. attorney's office declined comment.

"The tragedy in Blaine is a stark reminder that synthetic drugs are a deathtrap," Mona Dohman, commissioner of the Minnesota Department of Safety, said in a statement.

Officials say 2C-E can be bought online and was illegal at the time of Robinson's death because it is a "cousin drug" to a banned rave-party drug. At the time, it was not specifically listed as a banned drug but was defined as a controlled substance.

http://www.businessweek.com/ap/2012-03/D9TM6HLO0.htm

I wonder how this guy got snitched out?

Cop: Who gave you the drugs?
Kid at Party: Fuck you officer I is not a snitch.
Parent of Kid at Party: Give me the car keys!
Kid at Party: OK damn! It was Timothy LaMere.

I thought this was actually DOB-Dragonfly that was mislabled as 2C-E? Maybe im thinking of another case but if this is the one im thinkin about shame that 2C-E gets the bad rap.

Though federal authorities argue that 2C-E was already illegal under a federal law banning drugs that are chemically similar to illegal drugs

This is the third mention of the federal analogue law I've seen this week.

Anoka County Attorney Tony Palumbo said. "Experimenting with drugs never leads to a good result. In this case, it led to death."

Who the fuck does this guy think he is to say this?
Experimenting with drugs carries risks - that is what we can say about it.
If someone wants to make drugs illegal for that reason, I find it very simple-minded and wrong, but at least we are discussing the same reality.
Someone who says that experimentation with drugs never leads to a good result is not talking about reality. They are living in a fantasy world, devoid of any real spirit, small, ignorant, angry, and scared.

9 years and 9 months is a fucking joke. be educated before you take drugs for fucks sake.

This is very sad on many levels. The poor guy that has to spend some of the better years of his life in jail. I am pretty sure this is the case that involved mislabelling of chemicals. The poor guy already has to deal with the fact that his misfortune caused the death of a young friend. Now he has to dwell on that in prison. Horrible.

I think what happened was some dumb ass ordered some 2C-E off the internet and then didn't do any testing or research on how to dose it... so he probably just filled up some "00" gel caps with OD doses in them... thats what probably happened if I had to guess. This is the war on drugs.

Last edited:
This is very sad on many levels. The poor guy that has to spend some of the better years of his life in jail. I am pretty sure this is the case that involved mislabelling of chemicals. The poor guy already has to deal with the fact that his misfortune caused the death of a young friend. Now he has to dwell on that in prison. Horrible.
I feel this way to. He is so young now his life is ruined. He will never be the same.

And yet, when a company sells tainted meat and it kills a dozen people before the recall, nobody goes to jail.

And yet, when a company sells tainted meat and it kills a dozen people before the recall, nobody goes to jail.

I thought this same thing when I saw this. I recently turned veggie and it amazes me that grocery stores I worked in as a teenager would get word of a recall and then mark down the meat and pull it from the shelves 2 hours later. Full well knowing they are selling possibly contaminated meat, but taking the 50% profit they can get before the company sends them a cheque for their most recent order which they were supposed to throw away. Did management keep this money for beer? Did any children die? Who cares... down with drugs we can't pronounce!

How about big tobacco or alcohol companies? They kill hundreds of thousands every year and yet none of their exec's have to do prison time.

How about big tobacco or alcohol companies? They kill hundreds of thousands every year and yet none of their exec's have to do prison time.

That's honestly a ridiculous comparison. I mean, look at 2C-E, it's simply not comparable to alcohol in terms of the terrible things that will happen to you if you do it: it will warp your perception, screw with your rational thought, and worst of all turn you into a meek and contemplative hippie for at least 6 hours. Alcohol on the other hand is merely a relaxant to be enjoyed from time to time by a responsible adult (besides being toxic to the liver and brain, being highly addictive, and impairing cognition and especially judgment possibly as much or more than 2C-E thereby promoting dangerous behaviors e.g. drunk driving, unsafe sex, and aggression).

It sounds strange, I think it was probably something other then 2C-E. Too many idiots use drugs nowadays, with the big boom in legal highs its just easy for your average 14 year old no nothing to buy shit that is quite potent such as 2c-x or MXE from stores or dealers selling it as another RC or something else completely. By mistake or on purpose, a lot of vendors send different chemicals then what is listed, they are basically just drug dealers. etc

Is it entirely possible to lose complete conciousness (to the point of drowning) on 2c-e? Never used this RC but am wondering this. Could this 2c-e dose he took been cut with something that may have interacted badly with him?

Could this have been prevented from safer sources not cutting their 2c-e or properly synthesizing the chemical & purifying/cleaning it?

If the drug caused that many people to get sick, yet thousands have used it before safely(Physically), its more than likley it was this single batch with issues regarding to the selling or procurement of the said chemical...

Could the man selling it have been aware? Probably not, and neither could anyone else until they took it, make the drug scheduled and cause more cases of bad/cut drugs killing people, with the demand still there, or opening testing facilities for anonymous drug tests to ensure safer use? Could there be more safer isntructions on the internet for them?
Would this even be an issue if the kid was drunk and killed an entire family while driving?

Probably not, but the fact that it is a "drug" and it is considered illegal/on-the-line gives this ignorant feel of refusing to accept the facts of what happened.

It was either irresponsible use or badly made chemicals (Why do you think moonshine is outlawed yet you can buy Everclear in certain states? Bad impurities which kill people - thats why...)

Nonetheless, my condolensces go to this family...

That's honestly a ridiculous comparison. I mean, look at 2C-E, it's simply not comparable to alcohol in terms of the terrible things that will happen to you if you do it: it will warp your perception, screw with your rational thought, and worst of all turn you into a meek and contemplative hippie for at least 6 hours. Alcohol on the other hand is merely a relaxant to be enjoyed from time to time by a responsible adult (besides being toxic to the liver and brain, being highly addictive, and impairing cognition and especially judgment possibly as much or more than 2C-E thereby promoting dangerous behaviors e.g. drunk driving, unsafe sex, and aggression).

I'm just hoping the government can stop the number of 2c-e addicts from growing. I've been seeing more and more of them everyday. Their drug policy totally worked with lsd though, nobody uses that stuff ever since they cracked down on it.

it was tested and confirmed 2c-e. the problem was they were eyeballing and snorting it while already drunk -- darwin award stuff, but i feel bad for his kid.

Well that is happens what you do not use a scale, And give someone a high dosage & and way too Fat of a line which contained a High dosage that caused a Over Dose.

Last edited:
what gets me is that people blame this guy and try to pull that my childs dead shit yeah he fucked up but these people willingly took a random chemical was there faults aswel in my opinion. its a you can lead a horse to water but you cant make em drink it type thing in my eyes.

i dont understand though iv combo'd high dose 2ce with mushrooms, mxe, mdma before and was totally fine had to be ROA and even at that iv known people to snort a bunch and be fine aswel.

i think there batch could possibly be contaminated or its bromodragonfly and they just want to take down 2ce still who knows :\