• Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Man Attempts To Pay Water Bill With Cocaine: Cops

poledriver

Bluelighter
Man Attempts To Pay Water Bill With Cocaine: Cops

Police in Deltona, Fla., are trying to sniff out the identity of a man who allegedly attempted to pay his water bill with cocaine.

The unidentified man walked into the water department office on Monday and handed a clerk an envelope that contained not a check, but a small amount of white powder.

Officials evacuated employees so hazmat teams from the sheriff's office and two separate fire departments could analyze the powder, the Beacon News Online reported.

The powder was later determined to be cocaine, Gary Davidson, a spokesman for the Volusia County Sheriff’s Dept., told the Dayton Beach News-Journal.

Surveillance cameras show the suspect is a man wearing a T-shirt and shorts who rode away on a bicycle.

“The clerk (at the counter) said she had never seen the man before,” Sheriff’s spokesman Brandon Haught, told the News-Journal. “He didn’t say anything to her, he just handed her the envelope and walked out.”

The investigation is ongoing, according to NBCMiami.com.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/09/26/water-bill-cocaine_n_3997219.html?ref=topbar

if he was trying to pay his bill... wouldnt he make some effort to tell the clerk what account he was trying to "pay" for?

bizarre

It is strange..I don't think he was trying to pay his bill..the media just put that spin on it to catch peoples eye...
"Many tried to pay water bill with cocaine" sounds more exciting than "man walks in water department and hands clerk an envelope with small amount of cocaine in it".

The guy probably didn't have a clue where he even was!

The guy was probably selling to one of the clerks and somebody spotted the transaction so the clerk made up this dumb story. Newspapers will publish anything to get clicks.

The guy was probably selling to one of the clerks and somebody spotted the transaction so the clerk made up this dumb story. Newspapers will publish anything to get clicks.

Yep..that sounds even more apt to be the case.

Yeah, sounded weird when I first read it, it didn't mention anything about him actually trying to pay with the coke, the article just jumped from him handing the coke to to the clerk and not saing anything, to they'd never seen him before etc.

Yhea like 2 secs before the co worker looked over the story would have been "business as usual at the miami water concern"

It would have been great if he actually had tried to pay with cocaine!

"Yeah, I know you don't know me...but I can't pay the water bill. Do you do coke? That's a stupid question, everyone does coke! So I'm giving you about one and a half grams here, why don't you just do me a favor and go on the computer and put me down as 'paid' "

I would like to think that there actually was someone out there who was so far gone that they actually thought that would work!

Yeah odds are he wasnt trying to pay his bill, I reckon they would need to know his name to be able to be down as paid...

maybe he was paying his bill and got the envelopes mixed up sent someone expecting coke the check and viceversa :)

would be the first time someone's done that :) just think sat there waiting for the post all excited then wtf man lol