• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Making your own oxy nasal spray for higher insufflation bioaval rate

DexterMeth

Bluelighter
So I never really took "perfect" or "very efficient" insufflation of drugs in mind, I just inhaled while plugging a nose...not taking into account how much or little power I was putting up there in my nasal cavity.

So all of you that understand the mechanics of not just how to properly insufflate, but the rate of which various drugs enter cross the BBB via the muscous membranes.

My purpose is to avoid the wasteful drip and to deliver a higher percentage (ideally 100% of "insert water soluble drug here").

What's the problem with the current method most all of us use you might ask? Well, only so much powder can be absorbed through the mucous membrane at once, and then the rest is passes over it and goes down your throat, hence a wasteful drip, instead of a nearly instant transfer to the BBB if the mucous membrane wasn't "full"/"clogged".

So I have an idea and would like your guy's input, if you not just think it would work but know it would. Secondly, would this method be worth my time in day vs. the standard way everyone simple snorts drugs.

I know I took a a long time to simple ask this but what if I mixed ground oxycontin powder with either distillled water, any water, saline water and used some sort of syringe to put it all in like an empty nasal spray bottle. Wouldn't you get a much better, cleanner and effficient hit this way instead of just huffing dry powder like a pig?

Currently I just take a while to do lines or anything. I don't snort like I could blow a gasket..I just inhale with a plugged nostril, slightly stronger than I would when breathing through my nose.

Ok, mostly mostly about mixing into a concentrated nasal liquid "squirter", or a "sprayer" would be even better.,. Way better actually.

Really? No one would think this would work or be cool?
I posted it when I had a lot to work with, now I'll have to try it another day.

im not sure if it would work better. i think that it would cause the oxy to run down your throat more, mabee not a nasal spray bottle. it would be cool to snort oxy anywhere and anytime.

cool idea
I would use one

though I wouldnt really consider the drip "wasteful"

it may take a bit for it to work that way... but when the drip goes down your throat it is just absorbed through your stomach the same as if you took the pill orally... and in the case of oxy. the oral BA is acctually higher than nasal... I also insuffulate them as well tho to get that rush feeling.. but I wouldnt consider the drugs that drip wasted by any means... they are still certainly getting absorbed.

BUT like I said.. I still think its a cool idea.. let me know what you come up with

Drip is waste when you're talking about proper insufflation technique. The only drip(s) that isn't a waste are cuts, fillers and binders. With my idea, I'd use an oral syringe through cotton to really get rid of the bulk of that crap. Ideally micro filter it too, but this is insufflation in water/saline not IV suboxone 8)

If I could get the solution into a mister-like thing instead, that'd be ideal so you wouldn't have to tilt your head back (like people that nasally administer prepped black tar). you'd need the hole on the little bottle to be just the right size...the smaller the better imo. You need to use good technique too.

You squirt a LITTLE bit up there, plug your nose and tilt back your head. I'd imagine there'd be almost no waste at all with the right technique. The flip part of this though is that you might have to take an hour or 2 to get the full dose you want absorbed....or maybe it's really quick this way and I'm just too used to being and idiot snorting powder (pills OCs only)

EDIT: just read that whole thread you linked John Burrows. So you beat me to it eh? :) I only have 2 OC20s left and since I have no micron filters, I'mma plug em. I've been on an opiate binge HARDCORE (I'm used to this, I'm "on" suboxone"), the last 7 days. Endless oxy. Such a waste of powder, should of done this sooner. Most people waste their shit, because they short fat lines or lines to often not giving the mucous membrane time to absorb the initial amount. All you people that just blast away like a vacumn with you snort....most of that is just ending up in your stomach.

Last edited:
yeah, but with OC, it's just as well that it ends up in your stomach, cause that will get you just as high. the oral BA is like 80% I think, even better than insufflation.

While i don't think that the nasal spray, which is heaver than power will be any easier to get a higher percentage of it up your nose. I have found that if you cut for example and 8o mg oxycottin, into 8-1omg lines and do one an hour over eight hours, you tend to feel it entirely more.

at the very least, this idea is great for one's nose

since a spray would get it evenly spread on the nose, i assume it'd be better. and i assume there are certain things you could mix in to increase the chemical absorption rate

what can you add to increase absorption? a saline solutionor maybe a baking soda solution?or a mixture of both possibly? i wud like to know pretty quick here.ive been making a water solution of hydromorphone from exalgo pills and using an eyedroppper to drop it into my nose,which works very well.but i want to make a nasal spray.and i was wondering if using saline solution mixed in with it,or a baking soof milution of mixture of both,using correct ratios will be efficient in increasing absorption amd/or bioavailability.

IF ANYBODY HAS AN ANSWER SOON,PLEASE,UM..ANSWER...PLEASE

Myself and a friend had a jokey idea of making a pizza sprinkling it with oxy and selling it at festivals haha!

what can you add to increase absorption? a saline solutionor maybe a baking soda solution?or a mixture of both possibly? i wud like to know pretty quick here.ive been making a water solution of hydromorphone from exalgo pills and using an eyedroppper to drop it into my nose,which works very well.but i want to make a nasal spray.and i was wondering if using saline solution mixed in with it,or a baking soof milution of mixture of both,using correct ratios will be efficient in increasing absorption amd/or bioavailability.

IF ANYBODY HAS AN ANSWER SOON,PLEASE,UM..ANSWER...PLEASE

This thread was years old, but look into Chitosan.

snorting powder cannot be healthy as some of it must inevitably end up in your lungs and if the pills/powders contain talc or any other substance that irritates the lungs it could be bad news. it seems to me using a solution of water + drug and administering that nasally would make snorting drugs MUCH safer.

presently, im from the future, and the way i remember my clique doing oxy codone powder was to put an amount of OC into a nose spray bottle and fill an amount of pediolyte so that the bottle is half way full but dont squirt it up your nose!! u go in the bathroom and squirt it into your rectum like some sort of liquid suppository i guess. in the future, most illegal drugs r powder chemicals that u dilute and chute!

Brown/Tar Heroin dissolved in a small amount of water and dripped into the nose slowly with an eye dropper (then holding your nose) works extremely well.

i use nasal spray for its intended purposes, it still drips itself,

but maybe if you were to do a few shoots and after everything is cleared up you could essentially get a better hit your usual route

I think this would be a bit of work for this. But if I was like in High school still I would do this lol