• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Making your neighbors backyard wreak.

Ignot

Bluelighter
Does it happen to anyone else?
Call me paranoid or whatever, but I can't help but get a major buzzkill when I light up a .5 Joint and right after finishing it in the backyard, I hear my neighbors grunt over the fence or make some noise as if to be heard; because the smell pisses them off
Maybe it is all in my head, But I have to admit, Now that I support myself and in my mid-twenties I can't help but get paranoid if I feel that I am pissing off my neighbors.
It doesn't help that I live two houses down from an Undercover cop, which I have noticed no longer says Hi to me, and I never see him like I used to when I just drank beer, I'm guessing he has caught me hot boxing my car, or making his backyard stink with an afternoon blunt

Has anyone else had issues with this? It's seriously making me consider Dabbing and Vaping.

happens all the time in the part of town I live in and I live just a few block away from the new multi-million dollar police station in my town. I do live in the "ghetto" or old part of town and it is pretty common for my whole block to smell like weed. Half the time I am wondering if it is someone growing or someone smoking. Both my neighbors blaze and yesterday, like many other days, I was using my weight set in my back yard and the entire time it smelled like I had my nose in a bag of weed. Smelled morel like fresh bud than burned tbh. Where I live tho, it isn't a concern. We've been sitting on one of our porches(I smoke with both neighbors) and watched cop cars roll by. Really doubt they'd ever stop even if someone called them and complained, but it could happen- not likely as it's pretty well known that there are much heavier drug users on the same block...

I think it depends mostly on where you live and if someone complains enough they might knock on your door just to shut them up, especially if that person has ties to police agencies....so I don't think you're being paranoid entirely. If your state has a medical program and you can get your card you have nothing to worry about so long as you are within you limit. If not, I'd say just go into your garage or smoke in a back room with the door/window open so it's not so obvious. As long as they can't directly see you smoking and your entire house doesn't reek you'll be OK. Might be better in the back yard so that if a cop did come to your house it's not hotboxed.

If you are in a really nice neighborhood and in a state that is not pot friendly I would switch to dab and vape and keep it indoors.

That's the problem. I live in a nice fucking neighborhood. I used to live in Downtown in one of those 1 bedroom $600 crack apartments, and I never got paranoid about cops, because I was more worried about being robbed. But now that I live in a pretty nice suburban area. I would not be surprised if I get a knock.

Time to get a gram of a crumble, lol.

Ya in that case I would be cautious. If you live in a decriminalized state or medical state and stay within legal limits then I don't think there is anything a cop can do for smoking at your own house. If that isn't the case then a knock at the door could result in search and seizure as well as criminal charges just based on smell alone.

a gram of wax and an eighth of bud seems to last me longer than a half o of flower. a dab of concentrate and a small bowl of flower will put me on the same level as a fat joint, if not even higher. not a bad way to go really

I used to worry about this when I was growing up and smoking outdoors, and when I lived in an apartment.

Nobody ever said anything to me about it, or ever mentioned it to me, or my relatives. But I would smoke at night, or early in the morning, or in the early afternoon and mainly out of a bowl, bong, or one hitter so there was not a huge burning joint or spliff with lots of smoke. I remember one time as a late teenager or young adult it was lightly raining outside and in the side yard I smoked out of a bowl or one hitter and this guy walking with an umbrella saw me had to have known I was smoking weed but didn't say anything, and I just went into the backyard and exhaled the smoke away from him.

I haven't smoked cannabis in over a decade but some of my neighbours do smoke it openly on the weekend or during holidays. Some even smoke walking down the street blazing joints or blunts, and I don't care. Don't people know how to be discreet? I would sometimes smoke while in a car with friends but they were driving, and we never stopped the car into a residential area and hot boxed it as I know a lot of people who got caught and arrested that way.

When I lived in an apt at first I would exhale my hits into a spoof or soda bottle with holes in it filled with dryer sheets, and into a bathroom fan, and then spray Lysol and open the windows. But eventually after talking to people who lived in my building I learned that the building security and maintenance people did not care, and I would smoke bowls or bongs and not use a spoof or open the windows.

But I live in a state where it's basically decriminalized for personal use, or they make you pay a small fine if you get caught or don't even always do that.

I lived in one area where there were a lot of undercover cops but I just was careful, discreet, never smoked in public on the street even if friends of mine did this all the time, and never procured herb from random people like when I was walking down the street one day and this random guy asked me if I wanted some I said no.

Maybe you should get a portable vape like the MFLB?

Last edited: