• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

making wax with 7 grams of bud

whyavewhy

Greenlighter
So I just tried wax for the other day, and I'm in love. I used to smoke lots of bud but now that i tried wax thats all i want to smoke. Ive had the same quarter ounce for about two weeks now, and i really want to make some wax with it, i could simply go buy it, but i dont wanna smoke the bud so might as well turn it to wax. i know the steps, but everyone on these forums always has there own way of doing things. Can someone describe in DETAIL a fool-proof way to get wax out of 7 grams? i really dont want to fuck it up. please include items needed, cost, exact time frames for each step. id prefer to not have to purchase tools or equipment so if theres anyway to make high potency wax in a kitchen with simple instructions i would very much appreciate it. i want to know how to make WAX, not bho, oil, or concentrates. striclty wax. if your gonna join the thread please stay on topic, i need to turn this to wax asap! thanks!

You might have more luck and quicker responses on the Cannabis board.

If I knew how I would answer you, but I don't. Good luck.

Your kitchen is not sufficient to make wax.

You are going to burn your house down n00b.

Your kitchen is not sufficient to make wax.

You are going to burn your house down n00b.

obviously im new thats why im trying to learn. and instead of being an asshole and calling me a noob you couldve suggested a more sufficient place to do it sense your such an expert. and i specifically said i want to know how to make it. thats it. i dont need any other bullshit. fuck.

well for starters the majority of wax out there is bho... all of which is considered a "concentrate", and in reality probably an "oil" as well... but typically when someone refers to "wax" they are usually referring to bho, or butane hash oil. secondly, a quarter of an o is an extremely small amount to be trying to process. Due to the nature of the process you will always lose some in the extraction process, so the larger the amount the better.

and thirdly, and most importantly, this is NOT something you should be doing INSIDE period. You might have most the materials needed but to do it right you will likely have to purchase some things. I suggest you take a deeper look into the different types of concentrates and the different methods of making these. There is a ton of information out there, this should be enough to get you started in the right direction.

well for starters the majority of wax out there is bho... all of which is considered a "concentrate", and in reality probably an "oil" as well... but typically when someone refers to "wax" they are usually referring to bho, or butane hash oil. secondly, a quarter of an o is an extremely small amount to be trying to process. Due to the nature of the process you will always lose some in the extraction process, so the larger the amount the better.

and thirdly, and most importantly, this is NOT something you should be doing INSIDE period. You might have most the materials needed but to do it right you will likely have to purchase some things. I suggest you take a deeper look into the different types of concentrates and the different methods of making these. There is a ton of information out there, this should be enough to get you started in the right direction.

alright thanks a lot! and i know theres equipment i need to buy, have any suggestions or links for best most effective equipment? also ive been making a lot of cannabutter lately, and i hear lots of people throw it away. but ive made 4 batches of butter with a qtr oz each and now have an once of left over bud. is the thc completley gone or can i run butane through it in hopes of getting bho out of it?

Make qwiso. It's easier, safer, and it's awesome. Get a canning jar, 91% or higher isopropyl alcohol, razor blades, and coffee filters. Grind the bud, just cover with iso, shake 10-30 seconds, filter out the plant material, pour the iso into a baking dish or something, and evaporate. Putting a fan on pointed at the liquid evaporates it faster. Scrape it up with a razor after. I use a nail to scrape up bits to smoke (I did a long wash so mine is super dark and sticky). Shorter washes will give you lighter and less sticky material.

If you've made cannabutter correctly the plant matter will be completely drained of thc. I don't know if I understood your question right but hopefully that answers it.

Have fun losing the glory with weed. Back when I first started smoking wax, it's all i wanted to smoke all day every day. Eventually ended up smoking 5 grams per day of it, and spending over $1000 a week on the shit (damn east coast). Now I'm an IV opiate addict, because my favorite drug of all time couldn't get me high, I can't go more than 30 seconds sob er and I got psychosis and mental health issues from smoking so much hash. Smoked myself out of my home. Seriously if you want to "smoke wax all the time" it gets old quick. 4 days of smoking 5+grams of hash in a row, and I started NEEDING it to eat and sleep. You will lose the glory with weed with that attitude.

I second looking up qwiso..... You can try throwing the filteted solution in the fridge/freezer and filter again to try to remove any extra waxs or other inactive junk, but honestly don't know how well this step will work without pure isopropyl.

Also keep your evaporation space clear and clean as you don't want dust and other shit getting into your wax as it evaporates.

I made BHO (I'm unfamiliar with the distinction between BHO and "wax") from a 1/4 oz of White Rhino once. Did a single wash, got about a gram of almost white shard from it, it was pretty damned good. The only other material I've seen with that shade was the first wash from a bubble bag (although the consistency was very different, that was crumbly and looked like hash whereas the BHO shatter was mistaken by at least one person for meth).

I used about a half foot PVC pipe with caps on both end, one end had a single hole for the butane, the other a salt-shaker arrangement - used a filter but can't remember what it was, at a guess I'd say it was just a piece of cloth. Ground the bud up, placed in the pipe, pumped a can of butane through it and let it drain into a pyrex bowl which I then floated on a bowl of freshly boiled water until it had purged, wrapped the bowl in cling wrap then left it to crystalise. All done outside with lots of ventilation and no chance of random sparks, of course.

Pretty crude technique i guess but the resulting material was the most pure I'd ever seen, broke into white shards that were almost see-through - like I said at least on person thought I'd handed them a bag of meth when they first saw it.

Good for novelty but the yield was very low.

obviously im new thats why im trying to learn. and instead of being an asshole and calling me a noob you couldve suggested a more sufficient place to do it sense your such an expert. and i specifically said i want to know how to make it. thats it. i dont need any other bullshit. fuck.
This has nothing to do with cannabis discussion and everything to do with common sense.

Do I really need to suggest to you that a more appropriate place to play with flammables is outside, instead of your kitchen?

You want a detailed description of how to make wax, I will give you one:

1. Don't burn your fucking house down (or worse, yourself)
2. Spend several DAYS researching how to make it instead of demanding people to explain it to you.
3. When you have a modicum of understanding, come back to Bluelight and ask an intelligent question that actually has a chance of being answered in FULL.
4. Did I mention to not burn your fucking house down?

p.s. QWISO is great for beginners like you as others have noted.

This has nothing to do with cannabis discussion and everything to do with common sense.

Do I really need to suggest to you that a more appropriate place to play with flammables is outside, instead of your kitchen?

You want a detailed description of how to make wax, I will give you one:

1. Don't burn your fucking house down (or worse, yourself)
2. Spend several DAYS researching how to make it instead of demanding people to explain it to you.
3. When you have a modicum of understanding, come back to Bluelight and ask an intelligent question that actually has a chance of being answered in FULL.
4. Did I mention to not burn your fucking house down?

He's going to burn his house down lol. He doesn't want to buy any equipment. Just wants to use bud and kitchen equipment. My guess is he's in a non medical state and also living at home with parents, so doesn't want to buy a bunch of tools that will incriminate him and get him kicked out.

Make qwiso. It's easier, safer, and it's awesome. Get a canning jar, 91% or higher isopropyl alcohol, razor blades, and coffee filters. Grind the bud, just cover with iso, shake 10-30 seconds, filter out the plant material, pour the iso into a baking dish or something, and evaporate. Putting a fan on pointed at the liquid evaporates it faster. Scrape it up with a razor after. I use a nail to scrape up bits to smoke (I did a long wash so mine is super dark and sticky). Shorter washes will give you lighter and less sticky material.

If you've made cannabutter correctly the plant matter will be completely drained of thc. I don't know if I understood your question right but hopefully that answers it.

awesome! ive never heard of "qwiso". about how much bud do you use when doing this? seems just like a sketchy way of getting wax quicker. im not dissin it though, i know nothing, so if you say it works ill give it a try! thanks for the info dude. and will a pyrex dish work? and do you put the pyrex on the stove top to evaporate?

I used a quarter ounce last time and I was pretty happy with the yield. I don't use the stove (iso is flammable so it's dangerous). It's not necessary, iso evaporates rapidly. Just point a fan at it and leave it overnight.

Have fun losing the glory with weed. Back when I first started smoking wax, it's all i wanted to smoke all day every day. Eventually ended up smoking 5 grams per day of it, and spending over $1000 a week on the shit (damn east coast). Now I'm an IV opiate addict, because my favorite drug of all time couldn't get me high, I can't go more than 30 seconds sob er and I got psychosis and mental health issues from smoking so much hash. Smoked myself out of my home. Seriously if you want to "smoke wax all the time" it gets old quick. 4 days of smoking 5+grams of hash in a row, and I started NEEDING it to eat and sleep. You will lose the glory with weed with that attitude.
How about you don't be druggy. Only f*ck ups and dumb f*cks like Nancy grace believe Marijuana is bad you waisted your money and got tired of it that is all it had nothing to do with addiction

eyesore01, you bumped an old thread.

People making BHO and blowing themselves/houses up is the BIGGEST reason why rosin is so popular right now.

Buy yourself a hair straightener and press yourself some hash.