View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Making Peruvianus Tea more palatable.

MetanoiaMan

Bluelighter
Help me out here. I've just made some tea out of some dried peruvianus and it is the most foul thing I've ever swallowed. I've got about six ounces(from about three ounces of dried peruvianus and it is the foulest thing I've ever experienced(and I've swallowed big cups of ayahuasca in one gulp with no problems.) I've already taken three sips and can't tell if I'm tripping balls or just experiencing the foulest taste any human being has ever consumed.

You've just got to do it to it.... There's really no good way to go about masking the flavor because it will skew the taste of near everything and you'll just have more liquid to consume...

you can dry it up and roll it into little balls which are then swallowed easily.

Six ounces, come on dood. Just do it.

I feel your pain though, I couldn't eat green peppers for like a decade after I did mescaline, but...don't be a sissy, taste only means so much.

well I've never personally done it but heat doesn't destroy mescaline so I assume you could just slowly cook all the water off.

When I've drank cactus or eaten powdered cactus chips, what I've done is just chug it down as fast as possible, then chase with water, followed by peanut butter... the peanut butter really helps to get the taste out of your mouth. I don't think there's anything you can add to make the taste less bad.

Anyone else notice that you can taste the chems you do, almost throughout the entire trip? Mescaline you do, for me at least. I enjoy mushrooms, but I feel that mushroomy taste the whole time and frequently get whiffs. After a long night of doses and deemsters, I could feel the DMT coming out of all of my pores. I think that's part of the reason I like LSD, no weird predominant taste the whole trip.

But yeah, not much you can do besides do an A/B extraction to minimize the product you are dealing with.

I can't find the thread but I recall a discussion on the dmt nexus where a member wondered if miracle fruit could work to enhance (mask, really) the taste of ayahuasca.

miraclefruitusa said:
Miracle Fruit (Synsepalum dulcificum), sometimes known as the Miracle Berry, is a plant native to West Africa. The berry has a mildly sweet flavor; however, the fruit is treasured not for its own taste, but for the fruit’s unique effect on the taste buds.
Miracle Fruit contains a glycoprotein called miraculin, which binds to the tongue’s taste buds when the fruit is consumed. Miraculin acts as a sweetness inducer when it comes in contact with acids, causing bitter and sour foods to taste sweet, temporarily. This effect usually lasts between 30 minutes and 2 hours.

http://www.miraclefruitusa.com/

I've never tried this miracle fruit nor have I tasted San Pedro (my little San Pedro friend sadly didn't make it to adulthood :( ) so I really don't know if it would work though.

^^^ I believe that was also the final conclusion of the nexus discussion, come to think of it.

The way to go then is to see the taste as a part of the experience I guess, it's a test to see if you're worthy. Just swallow it like you swallow life itself.
But if you're not into shamanic hardships maybe you can try squishing the yucky in the back of your throat (behind yur taste buds) with a syringe with a piece of rubber tube attached to it. (just thinking out loud here)

Nothing helps I'm afraid. It's like putting ketchup on dogshit - it's not really gonna taste much better.