• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Making Opiates last longer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pixies

Bluelighter
Has anyone found a solution to this. Back in the day, I would take Lortab/Percs and stay buzzed for 3-4 hours, feeling no need to re-dose, for at least 4-8. Now, being on plain Oxy, it seems my metabolism burns it up in an hour tops, where withdrawls don't start really kicking in until 1-3 hours after it wears off. Oxycontin worked great for me, great is to say it lasted for 4 solid hours, without needing* to dose again for 2-4 after. I've been on Omeprazole 20mg for a while now, moving up to taking it everyday, as opposed to two weeks out of the month, for the last few years. Which, I would have figured it would last longer. I've heard the oral route for Oxy, can be "amplified" with tums and grapefruit juice? I've tried this once or twice, and didn't really feel a difference. Just wondering if anything else is in the same boat, and had found any OTC or prescription drug to help with this. My shitty insurance isn't covering Oxycontin* and I'm being prescribed A LOT* to me (180mg a day) IR Oxy or Roxys to try and make up for no having round the clock care with the contins. Thanks in advanced for any advice or suggestions. I also have access to 2mg a day Xanax, which I usually only take 1/2 of 1mg at night to sleep better, and find that taking it with or around the Oxy, doesn't really amplify, but just makes me sleepier.

The poster has legitamet pain issues. OP, be smart with your dosages.

I know a lot of people are complaining about the new (OP marked) Oxycontins, but as someone who took them for the first time, I'm here to say that the new formula is perfectly fine with me, as I'm not trying to abuse them. I want them to last as long as possible as I am dealing with round the clock, 24/7 pain. I'm even going to be looking into applying for permanent disability coverage, soon as I can. If anyone also has advice about that, they want to PM me with or whatever, that would be much appreciated as well.

I suffer from Piriformis syndrome, which is sciatica basically. I'm 29 years young, 6'5, about 250 but not too overweight. I try to take care of myself, but as this issue has been going on for several years now, of documented treatments, nothing has really worked as far as PT or medicational therapy (nerve medications, muscle relaxers, etc.) And in all these years, no one has mentioned a miracle surgery option, for someone with my condition, as I don't think there really is one, as they can't even really figure out what causes piriformis syndrome. Any advice on how to make my meds last longer in my system, as I am VERY prone to WDs after X# of hours off my medications. Since, I already suffered from heavy anxiety, battling PTSD most of my life. I don't like feeling that dependent on my medications, as sometimes how much I need, varies from day to day, and can sometimes be more than what I'm given (currently 180mg of Oxycodone IR a day). I just don't know if anyone else has had a similar situation like mine, where their insurance won't cover the long acting medications that I need. Although, I think Oxycontine is the only one they wouldn't cover because no one is making a generic, with Perdu Pharma bogarting the rights to their formulas? I'm not even sure what's up with that 100% myself, tbh. Has anyone else had similar luck with other medications. I guess it doesn't matter which I'm prescribed, as they all are going to have the WDs if I don't continue to take them on a schedule. My doctor is honestly willing to pretty much write me a script for anything at this point. When I go back, I'm pretty sure at this point, I'm going to ask for something else like MSContin (Morphine ER) since I've never tried that before, but have tried IR Morphine, and had a bad WD when i ran out early, I heard Morphine is one of the worst ones for the WDs. Maybe MSContin and an Oxycodone for breakthrough pain. I just don't know how long I can keep upping the doses, hoping to find one that stays in my system as long as Oxycontine did (4 hours for me) 40mg of that, 4-6 times a day, with like 10-30mg Oxy IR 4-6 times a day, with the Oxycontine to help with the BT pain. And that worked great. I slept better than I even have in my life. Not having to wake up in a cold sweat, from sleeping more than 8 hours, and not taking a dose in between. It was amazing. Honestly, if I was rich, I would just keep paying 800-1k a month on those scripts, just to have the med that worked. Thanks in advanced for helping with any info you guys can provide, that can be of any assistance to me. <3 <3 <3

Firs off we have the chronic pain threads. You are not the only person on here with legit pain and I can emphasize all too well here.

I feel for your situation so I can give a few suggestions like taking as little as possible and keeping your dose low so you don't get to diminishing returns, tolerance, habituation and addiction issues.

Seems like you are struggling. I was there and this is where I wish I had spoke to my doctor instead of being stupid and stubborn.

Also, maybe ask your dr abou non narcotic options and there are some that work rather well for me. Chronic pain is rough but you can make your life rougher if you are not careful with how you take your medication.

It is better to error on the side of caution then to get in over your head. Also I found it best to talk to my regular dr and about my concerns because pain drs do not like to talk in general. That is if you have a good relationship with your primary care provider but I found my to have excellent advice for my situtation.

Also these are not questions I can morally answer nor answer while abiding to the BLUA but I will say potentiation is not going to work that well or for long if at all.

Last edited:
Alright man.! OP, I gave you a shot. Dopemaster is correct. Utfse. Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.