• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Making Gabapentin work effectively?

MrBaconHawk

Bluelighter
So I've done a lot of research and I think I found a combo I'd like to try. Quick backstory for those who do not know, I have a super high tolerance to just about any medicine (not really a tolerance but more of a fast metabolism that has made it useless to even get high doses of Opiods, I've had around 200mg of Morphine through IV at the ER with no effect whatsoever, Dilaudid, and recently even Ketamine). I have taken around 50-80 grams of Red Kali Kratom with no effect (positive OR negative). Even alcohol at high doses is unlikely to have much or any effect... so I've been researching and trying to find a way to potentiate what I use instead of cramming 80 grams of useless powder down my throat which is far from ideal or pleasant...

Here's what I've come up with that MAY help with my back pain (nerve pain from multiple bulging discs, I have an MRI next week to determine where/if they can do a surgery like a discectomy).

- Drink 1 cup of Grapefruit Juice and wait 30 minutes so the body will have increased production of O-desmethyltramadol
- Take 100mg (potentially 200mg?) of Tramadol, combined with 300mg (potentially 600mg?) of Gabapentin and 500mg of Naproxen (Naproxen has been found in studies to further potentiate Gabapentin and help it absorb better)
- Wait 1 hour and repeat 100mg Tramadol, 300mg Gabapentin, and one final dose of 500mg Naproxen
- Wait 1 more hour and repeat just the 100mg Tramadol and 300mg Gabapentin

I could also potentially add my Cyclobenzaprine 10mg pills to the mix, but I'm unable to determine if this would really enhance any effects or simply just help with relaxation or be negative. Haven't found much info on these interactions, but this is what I've come up with, and may increase the amount of Gabapentin used depending on if I get any effect or not. No real need to go over 1000mg of Naproxen from what I can tell, and most people don't go over 300mg of Tramadol due to negative effects.

So what do you think about this combo? Any suggestions or tips you could give? I'm about to try it, starting with the first dose in 5 minutes here. I'll report back on how things turn out for pain-relieving effects as well as any recreational effect if any.

As a quick reply, not really anything with that amount of Gabapentin. I ended up taking around 500mg Tramadol, 5400mg Gabapentin staggered at 600 every 20 minutes or so, and 2000mg of Naproxen, as well as a couple of the Cyclobenzaprine pills just for good measure. I felt tired a few hours later... But perhaps that's cause I hadn't slept in 3 days. I did go to sleep however and woke up after 8-10 hours later, much longer than a typical nightly sleep. So after all that, I suppose it helped me sleep longer but not much change to back pain that I could notice. No change recreational for sure. I sometimes really hate the way my body is essentially immune to all meds I have ever used. FML...

Be careful with insane amounts of NSAIDs like Naproxen.

You could easily wreck your stomach and have stomach bleeding and ulcers. This can happen without warning and more likely to happen with smokers or drinkers.

Naproxen also has a risk of stroke or heart attack and abusing it is just gonna increase the risk esponentially.

NSAIDs are not candies even if they're not psychoactive substances.

You might be immune to the painkilling effect but you won't be immune from the side effects. Trust me.