• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Making capsules - what to use as an inert binder/filler?

drew4008

Greenlighter
Was able to secure a legit source of desired chem in powdered form and I now want to make capsules out of them.

I have an encapsulating device and empty capsules (~200mg), but I obviously don't want to put that much of the pure chem into each capsule.

So my question is, what is the most common INERT binding/filling agent I can use to cut with the powder to fill capsules? I was thinking flour, corn starch or sugar/sweetener, but just wanted to quickly ask you guys and get some opinions. Finished capsules will be kept in the freezer for an indefinite period of time, so filler also has to be something that won't affect the potency/reaction of the chems over time.

Thanks a bunch, looking forward to becoming a contributing member on the boards :)

Also.. I am in no way a dealer or asking this question for dealing purposes. I already have an encapsulating device from a relative and don't want to tediously measure out chems and put them in capsules manually.

Last edited:
I would never take a cap that is full powder! Y not just fill it with the desired amount with out adding anything else?

I hope your putting MDxx in your caps!!

This isn't a particularly good idea. Unless you can get the blend thoroughly homogenized, you're going to have hot/cold spots that will lead to over/underdosing.

Just weigh out the caps individually, you don't really want diluted MDxx anyway.

It's really not. Unless you making dealer sized amounts.. Even if you are, people like to snort MDMA and won't want to buy from you if your product is less than 50% purity - even if the dose is actually as advertised.

id just use caffeine or some type of B Vitamin

snorting mdma on its own sucks dick anyway I doubt a little inert material would make it so much more intolerable

im under the impression the OP is weighing out the dose for each capsule of pure MDMA and adding the cut after the fact though. It makes the capsules look more appealing when theyre full of powder rather than halfway empty.

Last edited:
It's AMT (still legal in Canada). And I'm not going to be snorting anything haha.. I'd rather take it rectally if we're talking about alternative methods.

I still think you'd have trouble mixing it well. If you're going for 20 mg active in each capsule, that's a lot of potential for error.

I wouldn't use any filler. Every time i've capped up my own substances I've just weighed out the desired amount on a small piece of index card folded in half, then you can just pick up the index card and dump the precise amount of substance into the capsule and close it up! Granted, i use 00 sized capsules (the big ones) so that makes it easier..

best of luck!

This is even more dangerous for AMT.. the doses are quite a bit more sensitive, I wouldn't recommend this at all with psychedelics unless you have special tumbling mixers (which usually cost several hundred dollars)

MDMA is quite a bit safer in terms of dose/response curve, psychedelics can be quite risky however. The main risk lies in creating an evenly distributed blend, and when there are several powders of varying consistency this is not an easy task.

Maybe mix in pixie stick dust? It'd give your product an interesting "branding"

Without making myself sound like a dealer, I have no issues churning out caps at a decent rate. After a few, you start to get a good idea for what 100mg (or whatever dose you're weighing out) looks like, so eventually you find yourself only weighing each cap once or maybe twice if you're unlucky.

If you are cutting with a powder try talcum powder, chalk, or powdered milk.

If you are cutting with a powder try talcum powder, chalk, or powdered milk.

The important thing is that the two substances coming in contact will be able to disperse evenly without clumping together or creating large pockets of an active substance. He is not going to be able to test that his mixture is homogeneous, which makes this an extremely risky way of dosing. Especially for a psychedelic MAOi like aMT.

I would not recommend you do this. Perhaps with MDMA, NOT with psychedelics. If you REALLY feel the NEED to do this, invest in a tumbling machine. Otherwise if you're looking for an easy way to measure a large amount of doses, liquid measurement and eppendorf tubes will likely be much easier and also more accurate.. It takes seconds to measure 1ml and squirt it in a vial.

harm reduction forum

Dealers need harm reduction information more than anyone else, especially when it comes to dosing. They are responsible for every customer they sell to, and need to make SURE that the doses they are selling are not dangerous and will not lead to overdose. People trust who they buy from, whether that's a good thing or not. It's important that dealers have the information they need to sell drugs in a safe way.

However, I do not think this is safe.