• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Making cannabutter with a cheap portable charcoal grill?

dankplantgrower

Bluelighter
I have a generic little tripod charcoal grill, Im sure many of you have seen and plenty probably own them. Usually 15 or 20 bucks or something at Wal Mart with a grill about the width of a beach ball, about half as deep, on metal leg supports. I have about 3 grams of various indicas and sativas and some butter, a couple saucepans.

Anyone ever done this or have any suggestions on doing it without burning it? When I hd the luxury of an indoor gas stove I kept it just below simmer (180 degrees-ish?) for a few hours but gas is not an option currently. And I imagine finding the "just below simmer" temp with charcoal is going to be harder. I cant really be sitting there and checking on it/messing with for hours so I was hopin to just find a "set it and forget it" solution if only for 3ish hours. . Is there a practical way to rig a charcoal grill to burn at cannabutter friendly temperature without burning for this amount of time?

Thoughts or suggestions, past experiences, temperature advice anything to help in this situation. Cant smoke because Im sick and I cough up a lung before I can even finish a full hit. Also dosage suggestion, the pot is top shelf clinic qualty. I dont have a way to bake it into anything either. Last time around Id mix my cannabutter into a glass of warm milk on an empty stomach, instead of fiddling with cookies, so imagine a butter dosage instead of something to spread across a batch of baked goods if you could. But last time around it was also in a much larger quantity and somewhat concentrated strength.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions. Smoke one for me please! (I cant do it without coughing up blood :( )

That sounds like a challenge. I've never done it before but keeping an even temperature with coal is a struggle. I'm not sure that you need to leave it for 3 hours unless you want to strain out the solids. Let the coals burn down low and simmer the butter until all heat is gone would be my suggestion and leave the solids in.

Work out the ratio of milk to weed you want then drink it in a shot. Half a gram is probably a sensible dose.

You could make a hot water bath using a fouble boiler. This would pimit the temperature of the butter to 220f. You could use this to keep a stable temperature on a charcoal grill.

I'd probably practice cooking butter without weed in it first. It definately will be hard, keep a thermometer handy.