• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Making cannabis topicals for arthritis relief!

CfZrx

Bluelighter
My intent with this thread is to open a new discussion about methods you have used to make effective massage oils using cannabis products and other helpful ingredients. My first attempt started a couple months ago when I soaked a half oz of high CBD weed in olive oil for 3 weeks. After straining the oil, I added arnica and castor oil as well as lavender oil. It seems to be great, but I'm curious who else can offer input on this process, and does it really work, or is it mostly placebo? I understand that even just rubbing my neck with any oil would also be helpful :)

Last edited:
I now have tried cannabis massage oil experiment #2. This one involved baking 4 grams of wax and about 10 grams of ground up weed (mostly Trident)(that's a high CBD strain) into coconut oil. I really like applying Experiment #2 first on my inflamed neck muscles, rubbing it for a minute, then applying the olive oil/arnica oil/castor oil mix from experiment #1 on top and rubbing for as long as I can (maybe 5-10 minutes). I thought my days of cannabis use were over when on October 2 2016 I quit using marijuana to get high, but this has been a pleasant surprise. I think I will look into consuming cannabis as a medicine like that Rick Simpson dude talks about. Maybe vape some CBD as well if it ever becomes cheap? Anybody else busy rubbin weed oil on themselves? ;)

I have not made massage oils but I've made personal lubricant with xanthan gum and coconut oil.

I have not made massage oils but I've made personal lubricant with xanthan gum and coconut oil.
Cool! Has anyone tried CBD crystalls? I just ordered some :) This will be the year of CBD!!!

has anyone tried different forms of weed to help with Migraines! I get them pretty often. what about using it as a mild muscle relaxanwhen im getting all stiff in my neck & shoulders from my type of work? right not I have Methacarbamal to take when I feel the tightness in my muscles since the tightness is a rmtrigger for me for full blown migraines!!
I don't want to smoke weed but would be open your other options if it can help me.

has anyone tried different forms of weed to help with Migraines! I get them pretty often. what about using it as a mild muscle relaxanwhen im getting all stiff in my neck & shoulders from my type of work? right not I have Methacarbamal to take when I feel the tightness in my muscles since the tightness is a rmtrigger for me for full blown migraines!!
I don't want to smoke weed but would be open your other options if it can help me.

I would love to make some and try it myself for my arthritis for sure!!
Not only will the cannabis in a massage oil help stiffness, adding arnica will as well! Go for it! Lots of recipes online. My first attempt was simply letting a half oz soak in olive oil for 3 weeks. Later I found out that others leave it in for up to 3 months for best results :) Def add a bit of castor oil too, it will make the oil better for spreading on your skin :) Add lavender drops too!

smoking caannabis totally cripples me with arthritic pain....that i can hardly feel otherwise

smoking caannabis totally cripples me with arthritic pain....that i can hardly feel otherwise
Maybe it makes you aware of pain you normally ignore? It seems to relax my muscles much more than flexeril or soma.