• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

Pharmacology Making a nasal spray solution out of various substances like Oxycodone,cocaine and Ketamine.

This thread contains discussion about a Pharmacology-related topic

Echotango

Bluelighter
The post title is pretty self explanatory. I plan to order an empty new nasal spray bottle to use for this and I'm wondering what's the best way to go about making a nasal spray solution for each of these substances? The midazolam and oxycodone will be tablet form I can let you know the brand name in case that'll make a difference in some way (identifying inactive ingredients?) to help me make a nasal spray solution for them and the Ketamine may be powder or liquid form to begin with with last being cocaine that'll obviously be in powder form. The Cocaine is 84% pure IIRC from the test results so I doubt it needs an acetone wash but I'd rather be safe than have it potentially tainted with a super powerful RC opioid etc. (that I assume acetone would remove?) lol.

So if anyone knows a good, thorough and easy to follow tutorial for an acetone wash I'd be grateful.

Last edited:
You'll want to look up solubilities for any substance you plan on using. I was able to get like 15mg/spray with both MDA and MDMA solutions using 0.9% irrigation saline

In hindsight it was probably a bad idea to use saline, I should have used distilled water. Always boil the water for a few minutes before making your solution, there might be bacteria in the bottles as well. The sprays will probably be good for 15-30 days before you start getting contamination and risking sinus infections

You'll want to look up solubilities for any substance you plan on using. I was able to get like 15mg/spray with both MDA and MDMA solutions using 0.9% irrigation saline

In hindsight it was probably a bad idea to use saline, I should have used distilled water. Always boil the water for a few minutes before making your solution, there might be bacteria in the bottles as well. The sprays will probably be good for 15-30 days before you start getting contamination and risking sinus infections

Well I'm more concerned about the countless different inactive ingredients used as binders and fillers in the tablets I plan to use to make a nasal spray solution out of?

If you're crushing the pills then soaking in liquid to dissolve the active just filter and I don't think you'll have any issues. Syringe filters would work well for this purpose

Yes I got a way to crush the pills into a complete powder and I'm not sure what type of "liquid" to soak them in. Also are you referring to I.V. syringe filters or can you elaborate more specifically on what you mean exactly?

0.2 or 0.22 um for sterilization, you should be able to find them on amazon or other web stores. They'll fit onto the big 30ml+ syringes for filtering an entire nasal sprat bottle at once

Okay and would 0.2 Micro filter be better though? I'm also wondering how do I find out the best ratio of medication to liquid solution I guess I'd like to start with cocaine since that should theoretically be easiest drug to make a nasal spray solution out of lol. Next I'd like to try an opioid and or benzo if possible too. I'm thinking maybe hydromorphone or Oxymorphone nasal spray and a midazolam nasal spray solution.

You will find that their are patents covering nasal sprays for every almost every psychoactive medication you can think of. I GUESS they were obtained because of the practices of 'patent zombies'. These are businesses that do nothing except buy and hold tens or hundreds of thousands of patents with a view to bring legal action against anyone who could have just slightly infringed upon one of them. Just enough for their to be a legal case.

Their targets are usually huge corporations like Sony, Apple, Pfizer or what have you.

It works like this. A new mass market product is released and often allowed to sell in huge volume.

Then the patent zombie takes said corporation to court for breach of patent and insist the product is withdrawn. Think about the costs.

The victim corporation is then faced with two options. Fight the case which might keep their time-sensitive new product from the market OR paying the patent zombie.

Sorry if that seems OT but it goes on ALL the time but it's not well known because neither party wants the negative publicity.

I'm seeing it popping up with medicines more and more. In economics it's referred to as 'Paretian rent'. The patent zombie is adding nothing to society and indeed is simply acting a a gate-keeper charging a 'toll'.

Okay and would 0.2 Micro filter be better though? I'm also wondering how do I find out the best ratio of medication to liquid solution I guess I'd like to start with cocaine since that should theoretically be easiest drug to make a nasal spray solution out of lol. Next I'd like to try an opioid and or benzo if possible too. I'm thinking maybe hydromorphone or Oxymorphone nasal spray and a midazolam nasal spray solution.
0.2 or 0.22 should be roughly equivalent, both are used for sterilization. When it comes to concentration you'll want to seek out the solubilities in water to make sure you aren't hitting the limit and base your calcs on the delivery of the spray mechanism which is like 0.15ml probably, so how much active do you get per 0.15ml? That's your dose per spray

0.2 or 0.22 should be roughly equivalent, both are used for sterilization. When it comes to concentration you'll want to seek out the solubilities in water to make sure you aren't hitting the limit and base your calcs on the delivery of the spray mechanism which is like 0.15ml probably, so how much active do you get per 0.15ml? That's your dose per spray
Sorry I meant 0.1 Micron Filter.

Um well I found this for Midazolam saying thye used water with a PH of 3.3 and they used Hydrochloric acid to get it to that ph it says but I do not think I can get that?

" Preparation of intranasal midazolam​

The concentrated midazolam nasal spray was manufactured and supplied by the central pharmacy of the University Hospital Frankfurt. The formulation was composed as previously described 36 and adapted for in‐house use.25 The nasal spray contained midazolam hydrochloride in a mixture of water at a pH of 3.3 (adjusted with 1 N of hydrochloride acid). A ready‐to‐use nasal spray applicator (Zscheile & Klinger, Hamburg, Germany) delivered an equivalent dose of 2.5 mg of midazolam per puff (140 µL). "

If anyone knows another way I can do this please tell me?

Do those exist?

I've seen them available online and they're more expensive with them also being less common but I'm wondering if that might be due to people that use it to filter pills for example complain about it clogging like a valium would be best example of a pill clogging a micron filter lol.

What is the benefit of a nasal spray? Midazolam does have the advantage of being one of the few 1,4-benzodiazepines that will readily form addition salts but oral bioavailability is very high and onset is already rather fast.

I did read that Mötley Crüe used to crush and mix Versed tablets with cocaine and referred to it as 'Zombie Powder' and while no experts in the matter, had a lot of shall we say 'hand's on' experience with a huge range of drugs. They apparently even managed to buy up all remaining US stocks of glutethimide to be consumed with Tylenol #4 - to hide their heroin dependence from family and friends.

I'm not saying it's impossible, I just don't see the point.

I have made nasal spray before you get distilled water or depending on the chemical a different solvent midazolam happens to be one of the only benzos water soluable, the rest are soluable in PG or ethanol but also many other reasons for nasal sprays cocaine, but even better are the super potent benzomidozoles opiates. But atleast motley crew used versed in their zombie dust bc it was actually sortable being water soluable just make sure you have your volumetric dosing down and you should be good can get nasal sprayers on amazon. Good use is for the new ultra potent benzomidozole opiates and benzo/theinos derivatives. Just know mosy benzos are NOT water soluable

What is the benefit of a nasal spray? Midazolam does have the advantage of being one of the few 1,4-benzodiazepines that will readily form addition salts but oral bioavailability is very high and onset is already rather fast.

I did read that Mötley Crüe used to crush and mix Versed tablets with cocaine and referred to it as 'Zombie Powder' and while no experts in the matter, had a lot of shall we say 'hand's on' experience with a huge range of drugs. They apparently even managed to buy up all remaining US stocks of glutethimide to be consumed with Tylenol #4 - to hide their heroin dependence from family and friends.

I'm not saying it's impossible, I just don't see the point.

I don't see why my reasons are necessary to help me with this but I'll let you know 1 reason I want this on hand and that's for a bad shroom trip I guess but idk if an antipsychotic of some sort might do a better job at "killing a trip" so to speak but I guesss if I don't use it for that it can't hurt to have a benzo that'll work in literally 2-7 minutes instead of like a minimum of 15-30 minutes from oral use.

I don't see why my reasons are necessary to help me with this but I'll let you know 1 reason I want this on hand and that's for a bad shroom trip I guess but idk if an antipsychotic of some sort might do a better job at "killing a trip" so to speak but I guesss if I don't use it for that it can't hurt to have a benzo that'll work in literally 2-7 minutes instead of like a minimum of 15-30 minutes from oral use.

Their are quite a few studies on sublingual and buccal administration of benzodiazepines with the papers available on-line. The conclusion was that onset and bioavailability was almost identical to IV administration. Neither are instant which I suggest is because the drug has to cross the BBB and it's that which is the limiting factor.

They are the first to point out that it's an off-label ROA BUT at least it ensures that until administration, the drug is being stored in an approved format. Solutions (e.g. injectable formulations) generally require careful formulation and almost always have a much shorter shelf-life. I don't think they become dangerous, I just think that N-oxides (for example) form which slowly reduces the amount of active.

I mean, if it psychologically makes you feel better to have a nasal spray then by all means, but it seems like a lot of research is already out there and if sublingual essentially achieves the same goal, it requires no action. You just have to remember to hold them under your tongue.