• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Magnesium

Probably not. Better for opioid induced constipation perhaps? Maybe as a means to slow down tolerance a tad?

Some magnesium forms like oxide have a horribly low bioavailability and act more as laxatives than anything else.

I once read that Mg has a half life of more than a month and one won't get benefits during the first couple of weeks until either a level has built up or one takes a couple of megadoses (but this might be dangerous).

Magnesium Bisglycinate 200mg capsules are taken few hours prior to bed….amazing for sleep, calming, slight anxiolytic effects

All other forms of Magnesium are used as a laxative

Won’t do much for opioid potentiation ….Agmatine is a health supplement that significantly potentates opioids and any other substance that acts as an inhibitor (and to a lesser extent a competitive substrate) to the liver enzyme responsible for metabolizing the particular opioid you are using.

Magnesium Bisglycinate 200mg
Taurine 1,000mg
Passion Flower extract
Valerian extract
Hopps
Melatonin 2.5mg under the tongue

All amazing for a great restful sleep ….Passion Flower & Valerian having potent anxiolytic properties and would potentiate opioids too. Passion Flower extract acts very similar to the benzodiazepine class of drugs, both being GABA-A receptor PAM’s

The best potentiator out there are imho dissociatives. But the high is different and not everybody likes that, Agmatine sounds nice but I think to remember having read that is has either an awfully low bioavailaibility or doesn't readily enter the CNS.

Mag is better for drugs that work on the NMDA system of receptors, like dissociatives.

Magnesium Bisglycinate 200mg capsules are taken few hours prior to bed….amazing for sleep, calming, slight anxiolytic effects

All other forms of Magnesium are used as a laxative

Won’t do much for opioid potentiation ….Agmatine is a health supplement that significantly potentates opioids and any other substance that acts as an inhibitor (and to a lesser extent a competitive substrate) to the liver enzyme responsible for metabolizing the particular opioid you are using.

Magnesium Bisglycinate 200mg
Taurine 1,000mg
Passion Flower extract
Valerian extract
Hopps
Melatonin 2.5mg under the tongue

All amazing for a great restful sleep ….Passion Flower & Valerian having potent anxiolytic properties and would potentiate opioids too. Passion Flower extract acts very similar to the benzodiazepine class of drugs, both being GABA-A receptor PAM’s
I didn't know that about magnesium. The one I bought is magnesium oxide so it's no good.

I'm using it for stimulant recovery though.

Despite being so abundant on Earth and in the universe, magnesium deficiency is rather common especially with our modern highly processed Western diets. I assume to get the best results with magnesium, it should be supplemented daily. The best forms of magnesium are those chelated by amino acids, like L-threonine but they are ridiculously expensive. i’ve heard that magnesium slows tolerance by reducing NMDA receptor activity but I’m not sure how relevant this is. The thing is, aside from NMDA receptors, thousands of enzymes and cellular processes, including energy production rely on magnesium. actually, the extremely high demand for magnesium ions among cellular processes makes these ions rather scarce inside the cell and apparently this limits ATP production. basically, even when cells would like to produce more ATP for example, in the brain, they avoid doing so as this ATP would then need to be bound to magnesium ions. making more ATP than strictly necessary could draw magnesium away from vital processes like protein synthesis leading to cell damage/death. I wonder if magnesium deficiency is why cognitive impairment and stress related disorders are now so common.
I think results on slowing drug tolerance are vague and mixed. however, I feel that magnesium should be supplemented on a daily basis where necessary as it is not a drug, but rather essential to life.
Rather than potenciating drugs or blocking tolerance, I think the therapeutic advantage of large doses of magnesium come from it’s potent anxiolytic and antidepressant affects. strangely, magnesium also possesses stimulant properties and has been known to produce a conditioned place preference in some animal Studies.

Magnesium is absorbed really well through the skin. Especially the feet.
Magnesium oil. Spray it on after shower. Better sleep. Helps restless legs, leg cramps , eye twitches and helps with opiate tolerance etc etc .. you can find magnesium oil online ..
And almost everyone in the United States is magnesium deficient. It's not in our food and water like it used to be..