• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Magnesium reducing Adderall's effects?

Glaive

Bluelighter
Hey bluelight,

I started my prescription of 15 mg Adderall Rx about two weeks ago. So far it has been amazing for me in terms of both the gained focus as well as euphoria/confidence. I've been studying up on Adderall tolerance like crazy lately. I have heard that it will build up to the point were users will lose most if not all the focusing/euphoric effects. Besides raising dosage, I read that there are several methods of reducing the tolerance build up. The method I found talked about frequently was magnesium. I have been taking 300mg of it at night (take Addies in moring) for the past two days. Now, since I've started the Magnesium I've noticed an immediate drop in the confidence/euphoric effects leaving me with only the focus. I was wondering, is it possible that the magnesium in addition to reducing tolerance also could reduce some of the adderall's effects? I'm having a hard time figuring out if this is the case, or if my tolerance just so happened to hit a point were I've lost some effects already.

Thanks!

magnesium is a known NMDA-blocker...

check out the thread in ADD