• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Magic mushrooms how long should one wait when they are on Bupropion to be safe

Pico101

Greenlighter
So I was put on Bupropion 150mg and I want to try magic mushrooms for the second time but I know ssris and other stuff like that can not be such a good idea so I wanted to know how long should one wait to be in a safe range time wise to be able to do psilocybin

So I was put on Bupropion 150mg and I want to try magic mushrooms for the second time but I know ssris and other stuff like that can not be such a good idea so I wanted to know how long should one wait to be in a safe range time wise to be able to do psilocybin
Probably duration of half-life multiplied by 5 - 10x or so.
But don't just take my word for it as in reality it's a lot more complex. I'm pretty sure bupropion and mushrooms shouldn't really be significantly dangerous combo but what can be VERY dangerous is stopping medicine one really needs so consider that.
Also while one would very likely be totally fine (in physical sense) taking shrooms as soon as noticeable effects of bupropion stop (from my limited experience, few times I took it, that's at most until you get sleep after dose), how previous bupropion use would affect experience and for how long that effect would be present is another story. Take my experience with benzo abuse, I would stop for long enough to not feel any effects, plus a short acting benzo, yet my psychedelic experiences were impacted a lot. If it was someone who just got high once on a big dose of benzo, experience following day would likely be less impacted than mine were. And benzos aren't as known for dampening psychedelic experiences to extent and for as long as some other medicine. Honestly I'm not sure in what category concerning that bupropion goes but probably between classic SSRIs and benzos.
So there's no short answer to your question but I would suggest to wait till you see how you'll really feel without bupropion and that might take for weeks and than decide if you are prepared for a psychedelic experience.