View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Magic Mushroom Tips?

AnonFury

Bluelighter
I'm thinking of picking up some magic mushrooms for the first time soon, and I'd like to know some good practices/tips for shrooms. Do I need a trip sitter for my first trip? All advice appreciated =D .

i trip on shrooms alone a lot, including my first time but a sitter is never a bad idea. one thing you can do for shrooms is do them in nature. i actually tripped on shrooms today in nature and they really inspired in me a deep awe for nature, as they are wont to do.

Nature is cool - a trip sitter would be helpful but not necessary.

Got anyone in your family with a predisposition to schizophrenia?

Start low and work your way up over several trips (Good HR).

No need to jump straight into the deep end as StoneApe will inevitably suggest, that is just reckless (Bad HR).

yeah I recommend starting with 1.5 to 1.75 grams for a first timer and increase dose as you feel comfortable. Being on a lower dose generally makes the experience so much easier to handle if things go bad or become difficult.

The first time I ever took shrooms I was 14 and didn't know anything about them or psychedelics in general, nothing, my dealer just didn't mention it and I just figured they were like weed but stronger, dumb but I was young and had no internet back then.

I ate about 3 gr before they really kicked in, and it wasn't a very good experience to say the least.

But now you can inform yourself very well, and personally I think you can handle a mild trip just perfectly on your own.

I agree with what's said before, just start low and increase accordingly, if you can get benzos that would be great to have with you as well for when things get too difficult.
When you're a very positive person filled with energy and don't overanalyze things too much you can most likely handle a stronger trip as well, but just start low and you're good to go.