Magic mushies growing from a gap in the tiles in my shower? WTF!!!

bikki_muncher69

Bluelighter
Allright now i dont really know if this is possible but last weekend i found two mushrooms growing out from inside the shower tiles(old shower so ere is a pretty large gap. Now ive just gotten interested in shrooms and i dident know much about them so i just disregaurded them but now looking at a book identifying shrooms i remeber them looking exactly the same as "blue meanies". There were only two that had growen and the next day i went to look they had dried up into nothing there was only a brown mark where they were. Now i dont know if this could be possible so could someone shed some light if it was possible they were magic mushies. thanks

They kinda looked very similar to the ones in the pic so thats what made me wonder if it was true.

Attachments

• copelandia_cyanescens2_sm.jpg
    copelandia_cyanescens2_sm.jpg
    9.8 KB · Views: 2,408
well this sounds bloody unusual, but I guess if there is enough sterile crap and all in the gap of ur shower and by some god given chance shroom spores are present, sure that is quite possible. Well, happy days for u buddy :D

lol ohhh god loves me dosent he, i dident want to eat them incase they were evil mushies, and this girl i had staying over said that the only way to cheak if the mushies are magic is to use a blacklight and they should glow? is this true.

This just means that you need to clean your shower.

Seriously, how do you expect us to know if they are active or not? I'm pretty sure Copelandia Cyanescens are dung loving shrooms, usually growing on cow manure.

Take a photo next time.

Also, your profile says that you are from Melbourne. Someone correctly me if im wrong, but Copelandia's are very rarely found in Victoria.

Originally posted by bikki_muncher69
and this girl i had staying over said that the only way to cheak if the mushies are magic is to use a blacklight and they should glow? is this true.

You ha da girl stay over and she didn't FREAK OUT about the fact that you have a bathroom capable of nuturing mushrooms??!!

HAHA my house and bathroom is pretty clean thankyou very much except who knows that the fucken cleaning lady dose, there is just than one bit in the shower tile that is rotting away and thats where the shrooms were growing out from. I dont know shit about shrooms or where they grow i was just browsing through a book that had pics of magic mushies and they looked kinda like the copelandia cyanescens what else could they have been possibly? and i would have taken a picture but i fell asleep when i woke up they were gone:(.

Last edited:
btw, next time if they pop up, give em a squeeze...if they go blue, they be true, w00t

:p

Dude you have a cleaning lady and theres fungus growing in your shower? I think its time to fire her!

It's official. Every thread in Bluelight has been done. I direct your attention to Mushies in your bathroom circa 2002. It took a few years, who would have guessed this could happen and be posted twice! I am not sure a UTFSE is applicable here though. =D

and yes, Fry-d also questioned the bathroom hygine. At least he is consistant!

There were only two that had growen and the next day i went to look they had dried up into nothing there was only a brown mark where they were

Were you on shrooms at the time?
:p

I remember, on several shroom trips, I would see hallucinations of shrooms growing in dark corners... was interesting.

(oh, and I was sure of the fact that mushrooms were the sacred catalyst of human evolution)
That one might be true though :)

Cowboy Mac said:
It's official. Every thread in Bluelight has been done. ....

I thought I was getting that strange feeling of de ja vu ;)

Im thinking i know where the spores could have come from, the night before i was on a few pills and doing rolly pollys down this hill so could have picked it up on my clothes or skin or whatever but its wierd the other guys story with mushrooms in the bathroom sounds the same as mine. they had a white stalk about 2.5 inches with a small domed cap that was orange, brown underneath and around the ege of the cap a very very slight tinge of blue.

Wow, I thought I got lucky when I found mushrooms growing out of one of my flowerpots. (see my gallery) Well I asked the Shaman Australis forums and they said they were Galerinas, which are like the deadliest mushroom on Earth. I knew they weren't right when they didn't bruise blue. Damn. :(

But the shower?! Hot damn! Take a picture and ask the various 'gardening' forums! :D