Madonna was allegedly revived with Narcan before being admitted to ICU: report

RUC4

Bluelighter

Madonna was allegedly revived with Narcan before being admitted to ICU: report

PageSix.com
By: Tamantha Ryan
6 July 2023

Excerpts:
Madonna was allegedly revived with Narcan before she was admitted to the ICU last month.
However, the outlet alleges that Narcan was used to combat septic shock — not drug use. There is no evidence suggesting the pop star overdosed, per Radar.
The mom of six had to be intubated for at least one night before having the tube removed.
[She]..."developed a serious bacterial infection which led to a several day stay in the ICU.”
... songstress had been battling a month-long, low-grade fever before being found unresponsive.

I kinda call bullshit on this. I'm glad there is something in the news about narcan to bring the crisis to peoples attention, but they are spinning this in another direction.

These are off-label uses I found for Naloxone -

1. Treatment of opioid-induced constipation: Naloxone can be used to alleviate constipation caused by opioid pain medications. By blocking the opioid receptors in the gut, naloxone can help restore normal bowel function.
  2. Management of opioid-induced pruritus: Naloxone has been found to relieve itching (pruritus) caused by opioid use. It can be administered in combination with opioids to reduce this side effect.
  3. Treatment of neonatal abstinence syndrome (NAS): NAS occurs in newborns exposed to opioids during pregnancy. Naloxone can be used to manage withdrawal symptoms in these infants.
  4. Counteracting side effects of opioids: Naloxone can help reverse respiratory depression, sedation, and other side effects caused by opioid medications.
  5. Manage pain: It can be used in place of or with opiates to control pain.
  6. Reduce inflammation
  7. Treat conditions and diseases including immune dysfunction and cancer

I didn't see anything about Narcan being used to treat septic shock from a bacterial infection. What do you think?