• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Made it to 20% of my original dose! Withdrawals have evaporated much in the past week can I make the jump??

crisler

Bluelighter
Background tramadol addict of 4 years dosed twice a day at 200mg wake then 50mg mid day

curently week 8 of taper reduction of 25mg per week basis. I’m on 50mg per day with help of 4-5g Bali kratom for day time and 6g to sleep. I know it’s a substance but it’s legal and easily available at head shops and online and I can get it wothout the stress and fear of how I’ve been getting my pills...

Can I try to jump? Or should I lower dose more.. ive never thought I can function on such low dose I’m done I quit tramadol I’m so ready it’s been a fear filled past few months with Covid cutting my supply I feel hope now knowing I can live without this poison!

That's really up to you, my man. If your goal is to get off, well, try getting off! Go cold Turkey for as long as you can handle. Take it 1 minute at a time.

That's a pretty light habit. I bet you'll do ok. There are junkies that would suck a thousand dicks to only have to deal with that level of withdrawal. Not to disrespect your struggle, but you should be happy you were only on tramadol. There are really good threads here on dealing with opiate withdrawals. Gabapentin, loperamide, and weed are my go-to, but its different for every person.

Good luck.

Background tramadol addict of 4 years dosed twice a day at 200mg wake then 50mg mid day

curently week 8 of taper reduction of 25mg per week basis. I’m on 50mg per day with help of 4-5g Bali kratom for day time and 6g to sleep. I know it’s a substance but it’s legal and easily available at head shops and online and I can get it wothout the stress and fear of how I’ve been getting my pills...

Can I try to jump? Or should I lower dose more.. ive never thought I can function on such low dose I’m done I quit tramadol I’m so ready it’s been a fear filled past few months with Covid cutting my supply I feel hope now knowing I can live without this poison!
Get some loperamide AND do it.

will update you guys on day 4! If I make day 4 I consider myself truly done and saved. Ik it’s not the worse drug but if you suffer depression, tramadol withdrawals can make you suicidal from the brain zaps and mental anguish from snri disconnect. Anyways kratom helping tenfold I’m so glad I found this site thank you all! I’m grateful for this community being so awesome

hey sorry the second half was meant to be separate reply for other guy I’m just out of it still but I’m alive and I’m not in fetal position so I got this ik I can

hey sorry the second half was meant to be separate reply for other guy I’m just out of it still but I’m alive and I’m not in fetal position so I got this ik I can
U got this brother, you're almost there. If u can get some gabapentin aswell, helps alot with the coldsweats, aches AND RLS. But the loperamide Is super cheap AND Easy to get.

How's the taper going? Did you jump off the taper? I'm on a similar amount but started at a higher dose for chronic pain caused by injuries. I can take or leave oxycodone but I believe it's the ss/snri that makes it so hard with the tramadol. Aiming today to drop from 175 to 150

Try to get venlafaxine, it's basically the same molecule designed in a way not to hit opioid receptors but that's not completely true - it remains indirect opioid effects but might allow your receptors to recover. They share some parts of the withdrawal to me, but when using it only for a few weeks you will be fine. Kratom, unfortunately, causes a pretty intense rebound in me.

Gabapentin's a good aid too but again, don't use it for too long.

Memantine is able to take the withdrawal completely and from much more potent opioids, without being one.

Try to get venlafaxine, it's basically the same molecule designed in a way not to hit opioid receptors but that's not completely true - it remains indirect opioid effects but might allow your receptors to recover. They share some parts of the withdrawal to me, but when using it only for a few weeks you will be fine. Kratom, unfortunately, causes a pretty intense rebound in me.

Gabapentin's a good aid too but again, don't use it for too long.

Memantine is able to take the withdrawal completely and from much more potent opioids, without being one.
Thanks for that info. I'll look into memantine. I'm hoping to steer clear of any other anti depressant type drugs. I can switch to oxycodone once I have dealt with the tramadol issue or maybe I'll just keep trying to get off all opiods.

This week has been a relatively rapid tramadol taper coz I'm basically just sick of the crap. Determined to keep it at 150 mg today. It's a drop in around 25mg this past three days.

I might level it at 150 for a couple of days or even a week and then re begin a taper