• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

Made in God’s image. Yuk. Not me thanks.

Gnostic Bishop

Bluelighter

Yahweh, it is written, created us in his image.

He is described as a vile genocidal and infanticidal god, a demiurge to us Gnostics Christians, and is responsible for a religion that has become homophobic and misogynous and who grew Christianity by inquisitions and murder.

This is not surprising given that so many of Christianity’s moral tenets are immoral. Christianity lacks moral tenets with which to convert. It takes pressure and force to believe the weird Christian take on the otherwise decent Jewish beginnings of their religion and god. Christians should have usurped some decent god as without Midrash, Yahweh is more like an evil Satan than a good god.

If you think you are created in Yahweh’s image, and able to do his evil and good deeds, are you happy about it?

If you do not think you are up to Yahweh’s evil ways, are you happy about it?

Regards

DL

I think this is up for interpretation. An omniscient being might not even have an image, for example. It could mean image as in His image of perfection

Yahweh, it is written, created us in his image.

He is described as a vile genocidal and infanticidal god, a demiurge to us Gnostics Christians, and is responsible for a religion that has become homophobic and misogynous and who grew Christianity by inquisitions and murder.

This is not surprising given that so many of Christianity’s moral tenets are immoral. Christianity lacks moral tenets with which to convert. It takes pressure and force to believe the weird Christian take on the otherwise decent Jewish beginnings of their religion and god. Christians should have usurped some decent god as without Midrash, Yahweh is more like an evil Satan than a good god.
Totally agree

If you think you are created in Yahweh’s image, and able to do his evil and good deeds, are you happy about it?
I don't but I think it's fine to worship a deity as long as it's congruent to one's beliefs. Although I see the idea of gods or God being perfect an alien concept

If you do not think you are up to Yahweh’s evil ways, are you happy about it?
I've expressed my view in other threads; humans not having the capacity for evil. Sure, one could say when humans do bad things that they lose their way and I'd agree with that idea

😁
lhtYNoS.jpg

pOFxCSi.jpg

Those pamphlets Mormons used to come to my house with as a kid, were scary. I remember one Jesus loves you! I thought, how strange, this guy that had no children loves me. He's not even related to me

I am not sure that we can verify the existence of a God, I suppose that the human being created God in his image and not the contrary, it is obvious. Maybe we die and we will be born again or some shit like that, or just that "something" that we have, mix with the energy of the universe, it would be great, but we will not know until you die, maybe there is nothing and you just turn off, but I don't know, it's very intriguing.

No offense towards OP, it's seen from a mile away that he does this on purpose to piss people off. He created like fuckin 50, I shit you not search his profile. There's gotta be up to 20+ threads --. He didn't came here for harm-reduction, nothin wrong but when you don't do shit to help our community, you don't deserve a voice. I say this when religion goes down = the world will rise with it's true color.

I've expressed my view in other threads; humans not having the capacity for evil. Sure, one could say when humans do bad things that they lose their way and I'd agree with that idea

The lost can always find their way back.

To Christians, we are all lost unless we kiss Yahweh's genocidal ass.

Regards
DL

I am not sure that we can verify the existence of a God, I suppose that the human being created God in his image and not the contrary, it is obvious. Maybe we die and we will be born again or some shit like that, or just that "something" that we have, mix with the energy of the universe, it would be great, but we will not know until you die, maybe there is nothing and you just turn off, but I don't know, it's very intriguing.

The only possible proof of a supernatural creator is for him to pop up and announce himself.

If you wanted to be believed in, you would have to step up. Right?

Regards
DL

No offense towards OP, it's seen from a mile away that he does this on purpose to piss people off. He created like fuckin 50, I shit you not search his profile. There's gotta be up to 20+ threads --. He didn't came here for harm-reduction, nothin wrong but when you don't do shit to help our community, you don't deserve a voice. I say this when religion goes down = the world will rise with it's true color.

Not to piss people off.

To show Christians why they should be pissed of at their lying preachers.

Do you just let people believe in stupidity without trying to help them?

If so, you forget the Golden Rule.

Regards
DL

That's your imagination, there are no christians. But show me, where are they? I only see your threads/posts. Why do you think Coast two Coast left? She was a lonely assassin