• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Macklemore's Song "Drug Dealer" Demonstrates Damaging Ignorance

One of my first oxycontin suppliers was a fat homo hairstylist who sold his bfs Rx extras for money to buy club drugs. He eventually developed some kind of nerve thing in his hands and ended up with an rx himself. Soon I couldn't even get pills from him anymore bc he was taking all his and his boys...Sure enough he ended up on dope bc Drs started cutting back his huge dose and he claimed it let him work...And if you are making a living where you need your hands (duh) you will do just about anything to be able to work.

The Drs jacked him up then cut him off. He was rxd 3 80s and 15mg IRS a day. You'd have to have a Dr born before 1950 to get a regimen like that these days...

What's really going to be be bad is when the fent wave really crashes on us. And not analogs like acetyl or butyr which are weaker than actual fent, but shit like 3methfent, carfentanil (which is already getting heavy coverage)

Its here. I found some stuff that 10mg will break through my 170mg methadone dose daily easily. Like take my break away strong. If someone with just a dope tolerance shot that then 5mg will them.

I'd rather people be addicted to opiates than be suffering insane levels of pain. Not that either is really so great, but pain is psychologically destructive. It changes your brain just as bad if not worse than what opiates do. I needed opiates for 6 months last year or I couldn't function, thanks to screaming pain.

This guy is an idiot.

Appreciate the the bump. Carl hart is a personal hero of mine and I’ve never seen this work of his

imo scapegoating drug dealers is such a shitty response to the war on drugs. Sure it has “sympathy” for users but trueing you establish a dichotomy of user vs seller simply isn’t true. I have sold drugs before (and if you share with friends the eyes of the law might say you do too). Am I bad person who deserves jail while if I only used I wouldn’t? Smells like BS to me

Appreciate the the bump. Carl hart is a personal hero of mine and I’ve never seen this work of his

imo scapegoating drug dealers is such a shitty response to the war on drugs. Sure it has “sympathy” for users but trueing you establish a dichotomy of user vs seller simply isn’t true. I have sold drugs before (and if you share with friends the eyes of the law might say you do too). Am I bad person who deserves jail while if I only used I wouldn’t? Smells like BS to me
Is this in response to me ? No dude of course I don't judge drug dealers . To me a drug dealer that is educated on his stuff is as good as if not better than a doctor

Coincidence of Carl hart . He has a new book out today Jan 12 "Drug Use for Grown-Ups" that I'm reading now . Actually at one point in the new book he says he doesn't like the term ' harm reduction ' as it implies drugs are harmful - i initially wrote to you "a dealer that is as educated on harm reduction is as good as..." But on his suggestion I took it out and replaced 'harm reduction' with education.

"High price" by Dr Hart is one of my biggest influences (along with dr Gabor mate "In The Realm Of Hungry Ghosts Close Encounters With Addiction, "Chasing The Scream First And Last Days Of The War On Drugs" by Johann Hari
and " Intoxication the 4th Drive by Dr Ronald Siegel )

Dr hart is a hero of mine too .Anyway if you don't know yet in dr Hart's new book he basically says it's the problem users of crack , meth, heroin that you hear about BUT most users of this stuff don't have a problem . He is open about the fact that he himself uses heroin and urges functional users of taboo drugs to 'come out of the closet' (respect ).

no not directed at you just shouting at the universe is all :)

i didn't realize that came out today. i may have to order a copy...

i've heard the controversy of "harm reduction" before too. in my circle IRL we debated between that and "risk reduction" since drugs do have inherent risk but do not have inherent harm. and yeah a dealer who knows their stuff can be very helpful. most doctors lack knowledge of recreational (another word that i don't like) drug use

i respect his position to "come out of the closet" and i already have to my family. they tried to send me to AA meetings 👍🏼

he has the privilege of being a tenured professor who can talk about his drug use and not lose his job. most people unfortunately don't have that option. that said it does take people like him to start turning the tide. and as i said he is hero of mine and his openness about his use is a big reason for it tbh

i've heard the controversy of "harm reduction" before too. in my circle IRL we debated between that and "risk reduction" since drugs do have inherent risk but do not have inherent harm. and yeah a dealer who knows their stuff can be very helpful. most doctors lack knowledge of recreational (another word that i don't like) drug use

i respect his position to "come out of the closet" and i already have to my family. they tried to send me to AA meetings 👍🏼

he has the privilege of being a tenured professor who can talk about his drug use and not lose his job. most people unfortunately don't have that option. that said it does take people like him to start turning the tide. and as i said he is hero of mine and his openness about his use is a big reason for it tbh

Ok thanks for clarifying.

I consider myself pretty educated on this stuff and the controversy about “harm reduction” is new to me. I Like “risk reduction”

re doctors and recreational drug use. Addiction doctors I find are decently versed and non judgmental about recreational drugs. Psychs know about drugs if they overlap with stuff they prescribe (e.g. Ritalin they script and street cocaine are all NDRI) but they tend to be judgemental and territorial about mood alteration.

recreational drug users and psychs - we are both mood alterers we just approach from a different angle. One is not more correct than the other