• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Mace - experiences

overmind1

Bluelighter
Hi all,

So I've been interested in legal psychoactive substances.

So I just wanted to start off by sharing some of my experiences with Mace. Mace is the thin, red outer layer of nutmeg. I have tried Nutmeg many times before, but it felt that it had too many side effects, didn't feel that great.

Then I found some of the other guys saying that mace is better. So I went to the local supermarket and got 15 grams of ground mace.

First off it doesnt smell or taste anywhere near as bad as nutmeg, on the other hand it is quiet a spicy and earthy flavour and less of that pungent bitter awful nutmeg stuff.

As far as the effects go, i have to say firstly that I've made myself a bit sensitive to herbs, because i've been practicing yoga for a few years, including pranayama - rythimic breathing to tap into the pranic 'life force' , I fast every other day, eat once during the day, I'm a vegetarian - no meat or eggs for me, regularly cleanse my entire body, by drinking many hot drinks like milk tea and milk coffee, fenugreek seeds etc. So by doing internal yoga, all inclusive dynamic meditation, opening myself to the life force and by having a constant remembering and sacrifice of my being to the Divine, i've become quiet sensitive to these herbs.

I have been using herbs for a while now, especially because when i was in india before i was growing cannabis on my farm - yes it is legal there to do that - but only using it as a herb - only in a milk cannabis tea form - and i've also been using ashwagandha, shankpushpi, malkangani, giloy, jatmansi, brahmi, from time to time.

So now the effects of mace - first few times i tried mace , i didnt feel that high but just a floaty dreamy effect. but then i got to know the herb a bit more read up on it in indian texts etc, e.g. lets look at what the ayurvedic texts say about mace:

Guna (qualities) – Laghu (lightness), Teekshna (piercive, strong, penetrative)
Veerya – Ushna – Hot potency
Effect on Tridosha – Balances/reduces Kapha(oilyness) and Vata(spacyness) Dosha
Vaktra Kledahara – relieves excessive sliminess and moisture of mouth
Vata Atisara – Useful in relieving diarrhoea associated with bloating and abdominal pain
Mehaghna – Useful in diabetes and urinary tract infection
Vrushya – aphrodisiac
Deepana – improves digestion strength
Rochana, Ruchikrut – improves taste, appetizer
Teekshna – Piercing, strong
Grahi – absorbent, bowel binding, useful in IBS, diarrhoea
Kasahara – relieves cough, cold
Peenasahara – Relieves allergic rhinitis
Vishapaha – natural detoxifier, anti toxic

So lets talk about these properties, so mace dosage that i'm using is about 5 grams. lets start with the most obvious effect to me - it is a constricting / astringent effect - drying up the excess fluids in the body, it seems to tone your body, brings everything closer, removes excess liquids.

+ 15/30 mins - next the psychic effect of a calming, anti anxiety, social, light hearted, uplifted effect is felt within 30 mins. its almost like a warm buzz starts to build up slowly, without any lethargic or nauseous effect of any sort, it is a positvie, sunny buzz.

head starts to warm, body start to feel relaxed, you feel that your complexion improves, e.g. my skin tone and skin texture improves - it becomes dryish but in a good way

i also notice that colors get brighter, and vision becomes crystallic, sharper, it feels nice to be in the sun, the sun rays seem to feel nice to your skin and you can feel that your skin is able to take the intense summer sun without any pain or any irritation..

+ 45 mins - next as time goes on you feel more and more light hearted, and a strong cannabis like buzz, but the difference is that it improves cognition, it centers your consciousness, it reduces the spacy floaty, nervous, agitated, easily frustated feelings, and instead brings a centered and focussed effect, but it opens up the heart and mental chakras... or subtle body centers, the etheric body centers, which causes a inward psychic effect where you feel more connected to your inner being, your inner soul, your psychic being. It also opens the higher chakras like the third eye chakra - ajna chakra, so your intuitions start to arrive or you can start to tap into a subliminal consciousness, but all the while it keeps you grounded and in linek with the physical world.

these effects get stronger as we go on for a few hours - and last for a good 8- 10 hours atleast, probably even longer if your metabolism is slow - try fasting and cleaning your digestive tract using warm liquids for a copule of days for improved metabolism and senstivity to herbs...

so overall mace is like that herb that i would place just below cannabis (edible/tea form) in terms of its psychic properties.

combining cannbis (edibles) and mace can create a amplified effect that feels very jumpy/bouncy /springy, energetic, almost too strong very very trippy, very high, too high almost to not get lost in your head etc.

as far as the aphrodisiac properites - yes mace is a energetic and calming herb, so it definitely helps with that. I think sexual energy is just like any other enregy so mace helps with increasing that, it is up to the user to conserve it to loose it in an impulse...

a final note on using herbs, or whatever you do in life, it is really important that you understand why you are using something, what it is for, and how sincere your aspirations are with the herbs that you use, and if you utilise it in accordance with the Divine will, the supreme will, and if you understand your own being connected to the universal being and different parts of your being - physical, vital, mental, psychic and spiritual static and spiritual dynamic, or else all your herb use is useless and just a waste of time....

you guys really need to try this stuff lol how come people dont even care about legal stuff...

please avoid double and triple posting, you can use the edit button to collapse these posts if you wish
bumping is against the OD policy so please abstain - i will be deleting any further bumps.
also, interesting; is this the same mace which is in the spray?

interesting; is this the same mace which is in the spray?

That's funny i've never heard of a spray like that lol...

Mace is just a cheap spice you can buy at a supermarket...

this is the one i tried -- https://shop.countdown.co.nz/Shop/ProductDetails?stockcode=598209

this is 15 g , take about 5 g for the effects...

Try it out, its seems to have no side effects... only good effeccts like deep focus, hard focus, brighter colors, blasty wider deeper music...

please avoid double and triple posting, you can use the edit button to collapse these posts if you wish
bumping is against the OD policy so please abstain - i will be deleting any further bumps.
also, interesting; is this the same mace which is in the spray?

No, mace spray contains the irritant substances OC ("pepper spray") and/or CN ("tear gas"). I'm pretty sure they named it after the medieval melee weapon, not the spice.

The "Mace" OP is referring to is the thin "skin" that covers the seeds of myristica fragrans, the nutmeg tree.
320px-Nutmeg_fruit_seed_and_aril.jpg

See that crimson red stuff covering that dark brown seed? Once dried, these will become "mace" and nutmeg, respectively.

Both contain the psychoactive compounds myristicin and elemicin, although the levels of various terpenes and other non-psychoactives can be different. I would assume mace to be a lot easier to swallow than powdered nutmeg, but the high should be roughly the same. I mean, if you liked nutmeg, then you're probably going to like mace (i.e. "nutmeg with (maybe?) less gastroesophageal discomfort") even better, but I'm not sure if people who aren't into nutmeg at all are going to choose mace over well-established illegal drugs and their more-or-less-legal RC analogues.

Last edited:
Thanks for this post. I found it very interesting and enlightening. I've tried nutmeg a few times when out of weed and it was simply an irritant, nauseaous, uneasy experience. I will check out mace for comparison.

How was it ingested? Tea, smoked? Apologies if I missed something. Thanks in advance.

Every time I read your thread title I think you mean bear mace.

Weird that I came across it today while looking at eggnog recipes--nutmeg and mace are the spices.

And sure, nutmeg has, what is it, myristicin or something? but I figure the dozen egg yolks, heavy cream and bourbon will get you tripping faster. Maybe to the ER for some angioplasty.

It seems to be myristicin and elemicin and maybe safrole. Myristicin might be a weak MAOI and both myristicin and elemicin seem to be anticholinergic. A. Shulgin thought that myristicin might get metabolized into MMDA, but this hasn't been proven yet afaik. I just skimmed over two papers stating that nutmeg might be neurotoxic and it might lead to apoptosis/fuck with mitochondria.

Yeah, I think nutmeg and mace are for the mis-adventurist under-age set. Yes, there are psychoactive compounds in your spice cabinet, but please don't eat the whole bottle of nutmeg (or mace), you will get very sick. Watch some old cinnamon challenge youtube videos instead.

I think you'd want to start with whole fruits and do proper extractions if you really wanted to explore it.

Folks, remember that nutmeg is one of those spices like cloves that last forever. You only use a pinch in the occasional bechamel, so that jar of McCormick's nutmeg may have been growing dust since 1983. Slowly oxidizing everything but whatever makes that smell.

Yeah, I think nutmeg and mace are for the mis-adventurist under-age set. Yes, there are psychoactive compounds in your spice cabinet, but please don't eat the whole bottle of nutmeg (or mace), you will get very sick. Watch some old cinnamon challenge youtube videos instead.

I think you'd want to start with whole fruits and do proper extractions if you really wanted to explore it.

Folks, remember that nutmeg is one of those spices like cloves that last forever. You only use a pinch in the occasional bechamel, so that jar of McCormick's nutmeg may have been growing dust since 1983. Slowly oxidizing everything but whatever makes that smell.

True, nutmeg and mace may not be for everyone, but I just took some and I can see my house from here.

so coming back to mace/nutmeg:

more realisations:

- i think we can't really compare nutmeg/mace with cannabis, because i feel cannabis is a true miracle herb, mace and nutmeg are more like nutrients for the body whereas cannabis is a nutrient for the whole being - body mind and soul...

- having said that, i took some mace today and i can confirm that when you're out of weed you gotta hit this stuff cuz it does comfort you and chills you out man ... and it makes me feel like im getting that nutrition that i need to space out a bit and just not be so worried with everyday mundane things...

so yes it is a heads up for mace, however its not like that magic herb ... cannabis.

if i could get hold of cannabis i wont give 2 cents for mace bro thats all aye see ya