View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Lysergamides! What's your favourite?

PsychoPanda

Greenlighter
There are quite a few interesting out there with LSD being the most popular.
I've tried LSD, LSA, 1p-LSD and AL-LAD so far and will try ALD-52 and ETH-LAD soon.
My personal favourite is AL-LAD because of the very unique, sharp visuals and the easy to handle headspace. Also it doesn't last as long as LSD, which is a benefit for me.

What is your favourite one and why?

For me ETH-LAD has the potential to be my favorite but I only tried it twice so far. I do love AL-LAD which is certainly pleasant but it's a bit tame to compete when psychedelia is a real factor. While I don't think ETH-LAD is like 2C-B, it does produce this fluffiness that seems to hang in the air that is just lush somehow (and psychedelics like 2C-B or 2C-T-7 remind me of this). But I find it pretty unique in that it is quite strong as a psychedelic which combines marvellously with that almost entactogenic fluffiness. Most other psychedelics with some power in them that I know seem to have more of a tendency to be 'sharp'.

Unfortunately it is too early for me to say if I am impressed by this novelty or if I actually value this fluffiness so highly, because crystal clearheadedness is also impressive and as a state of consciousness, special. I kind of doubt it's a coincidence that ETH-LAD was the way it was the two times I tried it, both my most recent trips.

I'm interested to try ALD-52 or 1P-LSD soon but I don't really have expectations of it being different from LSD. I guess to avoid too much placebo that is a good thing. We'll see. ALD has much more of a history but 1P-LSD is technically further away from LSD than ALD is. So i haven't decided. Maybe fun for this sunday..

when I first tried 1p I thought it was extremely close to L
so I got as much as i could afford
then I went for some ald which was smoother, maybe clearer, less pushy - loved it.
then al-lad became available again, so I grabbed some of that as I loved it three years ago
then I tried ethlad which really fits my expectations of a great form of L and I got some more.
now I got more 1p, go figure, happy mistake. it wont go to waste.

so happy to have a job, everything is in a locked drawer now. I can continue to age gracefully with adequate freak.

maybe they are different, maybe not could all be set and setting and variance of drops on the tabs.

LSD gives me a great deal of energy, but not in a pushy way, along with a sense of childlike wonder that I have yet to get from any other lysergamide. Probably something to do with greater dopamine receptor activity. LSD has also given me my favorite visuals out of all the lysergamides I've tried, but this may have a lot to do with set & setting. Seems to derive content more heavily from memory than the other lysergamides.

ETH-LAD gave me the least conscious mental effects, but paradoxically the most subconscious mental effects. Clear headspace, but ideasthesia and strong thought loops at 200µg. This also seems to have the highest level of suggestibility out of the substances I've tried, at least for me. The visuals were quite intense on 200µg, to the point of making it quite difficult for me to see where I was going during the peak, but seemed to lack direction and 'tastefulness'. There seemed to be more patterns layered onto each other than LSD in the same set & setting, but less variety and complexity. More of a cartoony vibe rather that LSD's almost entirely geometric theme. A light empathogenic effect, but overall rather sterile feeling, which I dislike.

ALD-52 seems to have the best euphoria out of the three for me, along with the empathogenic bent from ETH-LAD, but without the sterile headspace. This substance in my experience has the smoothest come up and least physical side effects. Can be intense and insightful without being confusing or overwhelming (200µg seems to work best for this IME). This seems to me to be the least visually intense for a given dose, but good visuals can certainly be experienced, especially CEVs. I also seem to be able to sleep much more easily after taking this than if I had taken LSD. If this substance gave me the energy and sense of wonder that LSD can then it would definitely be my favorite. I hope to soon try this in a set & setting more similar to most of my LSD trips (outdoors at night with friends) to try and coax out these effects and create more pronounced visuals.

Overall, my preference is LSD for social trips and ALD-52 for solo trips.

I have yet to try 1P-LSD, AL-LAD, or any other lysergamide, so I can't speak for them, but I do have some hawaiian baby woodrose seeds that I'll get around to trying soon.

I doubt it, that stimulation seems likely still a serotonergic thing ^

HBWR or other LSA-containing seeds can be fun but quite different from real lysergamides if you ask me, though maybe there is some similarity to LSM from the descriptions, but haven't tried that one. Mostly nice to smoke weed and lay back lethargically, have some not too strong dreamy visions.
AMT also produces lethargy and dreamy visions for me and a body buzz, though that may be a low-dose thing.

There are supposedly ways to convert LSA's into compounds with better activity, initially thought to be something like LSH or adducts like cinnamylidene-bislysergamide but that (LSH) was I think sort of debunked and more likely thought to be due to epimerization of some kind.
On the other hand LSH seems to have stimulant effects a la LSD in animals aside from purported psychedelic superiority over plain ergine.

The cinnamaldehyde adduct sounds intriguing and it's too bad that there have not been better experiments done with it - seems cool to at least try to make it and run some TLC and try it to see if effects match the profile it is supposed to have. A cinnamon compound with possibly two LSA molecules attached, haha wtf... Not that it could be expected to be anything but a pro-drug considering how hugely bulky it is and 5-HT2A is very strict about something diethylamide-like on that position. But hey, let's not discount pro-drug kinetics etc.

Sekio keeps saying that drugs like ALD-52 should turn into LSD very fast in the body, implying that there isn't even significant room for kinetic differences to account for subjective differences. He certainly has a point. I don't know if we have the data to say the same about 1P-LSD... something like this cinnamaldehyde adduct is so big though that it may be resistant to enzymes. However adducts are by definition compounds that exist in equilibrium and can spontaneously form and dissociate depending on what is favored under which conditions, like cocaine and alcohol partially team up to form cocaethylene.

Last edited:
LSD, 1P-LSD, AL-LAD and ALD-52 are very good with nearly no side effects to me.
LSZ has more side effects like nausea,
LSB was very short
LSA (baby woodrose) had huge side effects (nausea)

LSD, 1P-LSD, AL-LAD and ALD-52 are very good with nearly no side effects to me.
LSZ has more side effects like nausea,
LSB was very short
LSA (baby woodrose) had huge side effects (nausea)

Damn your one lucky dufe to have tried lsb. A.f.a.i.k it was supposedly released right around when lsz was around but in the end it was just a nbome.
You sure you had real lsb and what dose was required?

I'm honestly not sure I could tell ALD-52, 1-P-LSD and LSD aparte in a blind test. Except I've had delayed onset with 1-P-LSD, but I've had that too with regular LSD as well. LSD is my favorite lysergamide as well as my favorite psychedelic over all - But I've also had batches of LSD that weren't that spectacular, and if all my trips had been like that it wouldn't come close to being my favorite.
Anyway, LSZ for sure had too much nausea and a nasty bodyload, besides that, it was a lot like LSD. ETH-LAD seemed not so deep but more visual as well as more potent. ETH-LAD is still very, very close to LSD in effects though.

AL-LAD is the most different from the rest of the lysergamides imo. In the begining I was a huge fan, but I think it lost it's novelty quite quickly.

You sure you had real lsb and what dose was required?

I not sure because ...

I'm honestly not sure I could tell ALD-52, 1-P-LSD and LSD aparte in a blind test.

... I also think that this would be very hard to say. Set/Setting can easily make a huge difference and this "self fulfilling prophecies" you have when read stories about a certain substance are very mighty!

I think it was 150 µg LSB and it felt like 150 µg 1P-LSD but shorter, so not that "superspecial"

new subjective summary comparison of lysergamides

eth-lad makes me feel like a magical old man connected to bubbles of time, thought, joy and music - the mandala
ald-52 makes me feel like a middle aged mystic immersed in the light of the world - pervasive energy is smooth
al-lad makes me feel like a wayward magician who keeps rediscovering what he arlready knew - beauty is key
1p-lsd makes me feel like a teenage acolyte who knows nothing but loves the universe - wonder is key - everything alive

but if they are all the same then it is set and setting - like pick a card, any card, you draw your fate, which is what you already are.

1p-lsd- I find for my style of tripping 1p-lsd is a bit easier to navigate and focus the psychedelic experience.

new subjective summary comparison of lysergamides

eth-lad makes me feel like a magical old man connected to bubbles of time, thought, joy and music - the mandala
ald-52 makes me feel like a middle aged mystic immersed in the light of the world - pervasive energy is smooth
al-lad makes me feel like a wayward magician who keeps rediscovering what he arlready knew - beauty is key
1p-lsd makes me feel like a teenage acolyte who knows nothing but loves the universe - wonder is key - everything alive

but if they are all the same then it is set and setting - like pick a card, any card, you draw your fate, which is what you already are.

Nine months later and after at least 50 casual experiments:
eth-lad begins it's finely detailed branching quickly, if the dose is too light it seems ineffective but is still bifurcating rapidly.
it feels airy between the branches
ald-52 is a rapidly growing vine bending and lurching around a crystal ball, very strong, subtle too.
it feels wet and dark between the gaps
al-lad is a kaleidoscope, euphoric, good to mix with the others
it feels smooth during pauses
1p-lsd is elegant at every dose level, my best full circle endorsement for this one.
it has many facets and elemental characteristics, adaptive.

I'm gonna have to go with LSD, I feel it has the most magic to it and is the most versatile. Also the energy is great. Out of 1p-LSD and ALD-52 I prefer ALD but I think LSD is better. However, the blotters of ALD available are simply stronger than the vast majority of LSD I've had, so that's a perk. I really like ETH-LAD but so far there is something that makes it stand out less for me. It's more visual than the rest of them for me, but I value a deep headspace more. AL-LAD is definitely the most unique, the visuals are different and also tend to be different colors, and the level of and quality of euphoria are extremely nice, I like it a lot. Very recreational, and very humor-=focused for me and my friends. The first time we took it together we had the wackiest night, we were basically laughing the entire time. I was tripping quite hard but at no point was it even the slightest bit uncomfortable. My thoughts were all over the place. The content wasn't as deep and cohesive as with LSD, though.

Agreed, LSD is the best, but have not had any of that for years.
Among these 4 though, (yes love them all,) 1p is the most consistent and reliable (to me) for getting to a charmed space, and Al-Lad (which I have liquified due to xtreme irregular tabs) is a nice add on to any of them. I started out most delighted with Eth, and still love how finely branchy (cotton candy) it is.

Yeah LSD is the best - the prodrugs are more a legal get round which I wouldn't swop for the real thing. Did a fair bit of 1p - it seems different but I am yet to be convinced people could really tell it in a real blind study. I am leaning more towards favouring AL-LAD personally these days (because it's easy) although think more objectively LSD is best due to depth and potential. I think ETH-LAD is probably as different again and rates very well but for the heavy bodyload. I had forgotten about LSZ the experience was thin gruel indeed and it didn't feel right. LSM775 was very interesting, although again nauseating but wouldn't bare endless repeats.

Last edited:
oh oh, my supplier (canadian) is closing shop in January due, :( apparently, to scammers claiming they did not receive merch.
I would go back for more 1p maybe their pellets (for consistency) if I had a bit more $ flow at the moment. I think it is worth the money.

I quite like ALD-52. It is virtually identical to LSD in every way imaginable.

I truly think that the subtleties are all subjective and individual to the user.

It is amazing.

Although not a lysergimide, 4 ACO DMT was a fantastic and unexpected heavy trip for me.

Both are beautiful.

Stock up whilst you can, obviously.... laws... They are rapidly changing.

There is another legit source in Canada. I know it's against the rules to talk details. You'll be fine.

TIS gonna be fine...

Last edited by a moderator:
oh oh, my supplier (canadian) is closing shop in January due, :( apparently, to scammers claiming they did not receive merch.
I would go back for more 1p maybe their pellets (for consistency) if I had a bit more $ flow at the moment. I think it is worth the money.

This breaks my heart. Those guys were so awesome and professional. :(

ALD-52 / 1A-LSD, since it seems to be closest to LSD (even more so than 1P-LSD, at least from a molecular point of view). Although I have not tried this yet (but I will in the next few months).

There are no differences between LSD and 1P-LSD I can mention, so it is damn good!