View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Lysergamides the day after tripping with DXM

Korrit

Bluelighter
I'm planning to try DXM for the first time next friday in the begining of the night after finishing my work.
i weigh 76 kg and i'll consume 375 mg of dxm in order to have à 2nd plateau.
but i'm also planning doing ALD-52 the next day in the afternoun and don't know if my experience will be affected by my trip with DXM.
any advices / suggestions are welcome
thanks

Last edited:
I would expect that it will diminish the effect of the next day psychedelic by 40%

I would expect that it will diminish the effect of the next day psychedelic by 40%

What is your reasoning? after all, DXM is not a 5-ht2a agonist, so cross tolerance between nmda-antagonists and 5-ht2a-lysergamides is not to be expected.

oh!
excuse me
Yes I would be very interested to see what the results of this will be.

Dxm is long lasting so I would possibly expect a stronger experience but a bit different also. I am really just speculating though.

My suspicion about tolerance in this case is not based upon the 5ht receptors which here would not be exhausted, but about exhausting the underlying psychedelic brain activities which the receptors modulate.

The psychedelic effect is not just the receptors, those receptors enable something much more extensive and generalized than just a local chemical bond.

Yes, downstream there actually could be an interaction, because both 5-ht2a receptors and NMDA channels are expressed on the same cortical pyramidal neurons.