Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Lysergamides Lysergahuasca - Who's Done It & What Did You Think

Esperighanto

Bluelighter
Hi,

I've played around a good bit with the classical psychedelics (LSD, psilocin, mescaline, DMT, harmalas) and empathogens (MDMA & 2C-B), and out of all of them and any combinations, lysergahuasca is by far my favorite. 200-300mg of harmala alkaloids (usually 2:1 harmaline:tetrahydroharmine) and 150-500 mics is the range that I prefer with that, and it has incredibly long lasting effects that feel more powerful, though more serene and manageable than LSD's chaotic frenzy. I've had many of the most profound and impactful trips of my life on MAOI potentiated LSD, yet I rarely hear of it mentioned. The only place that comes to mind is D.M Turner's "The Essential Psychedelic Guide". Given how fun and therapeutic this combination has been for people I've introduced it to as well as myself, I'm surprised more aren't talking about it.

Have any of you tried this? What did you think?

This actually sounds pretty interesting. I wonder why you don't hear about it more often. Probably most people feel acid lasts long enough.

Last edited:
Tried with LSA containing seeds, it was very intense.

Acid would be better, less toxic. I'm in no rush these days however.

Combining MAOIs and LSA containing seeds has consistently put me in serotonergic crises, in fact it's the only thing that I've made that mistake with so far. It's certainly much better with acid.

Tried moclobemide and LSD but didn't notice any difference. Mushrooms and moclobemide is very much like oral DMT tho.

I was under the impression that Maois do not potentate lysergamides, but I've never tried. I could def see it altering the trip tho.

how long does it last for you?
300mg of harmaline and 3-5 tabs is guaranteed to last until the next day's afternoon or evening, if I take the dose around sunset.
Tried moclobemide and LSD but didn't notice any difference. Mushrooms and moclobemide is very much like oral DMT tho.
That's really interesting, I've never tried moclobemide, only harmine, harmaline, plant based MAOIs and also adding THH.

The impact of THH on this mix certainly can't be understated either, LSD has the potential to be really confusing when amplified, but if I took a third of my harmaline and replaced it with THH, there's a clearheadedness that I can't believe.

I've had many of the most profound and impactful trips of my life on MAOI potentiated LSD, yet I rarely hear of it mentioned. The only place that comes to mind is D.M Turner's "The Essential Psychedelic Guide". Given how fun and therapeutic this combination has been for people I've introduced it to as well as myself, I'm surprised more aren't talking about it.
The combination was also used sometimes by Leo Zeff during psychedelic therapy sessions, it's mentioned in The Secret Chief, pg. 86, 92 (PDF available here):

The Secret Chief Revealed said:
Harmaline
I would put that in the psychedelic one rather than just the psychoactive one without the psychedelic because we don’t take it alone, nobody takes it alone. It takes a helluva lot to turn on and you get so God-damned sick if you took enough to turn on that it’s horrible. We take it with acid or psilocybin and it puts a new dimension on the acid trip. Very primitive, you get right down to the primitive side of yourself. The men who take it find their real masculinity and the women who take it find their true femininity. As a matter of fact, some Indians when they take yagé and they have their religious ceremonies, the men take it separate in their own hogan, and the women take it separate in their own hogan. They do not mix, because for the women, it’s a woman’s medicine, and for the men it’s a man’s medicine. Same medicine.

The Secret Chief Revealed said:
Harmaline
Harmaline goes with either acid or psilocybin. I generally give them 125 milligrams. I used to give them 250 milligrams and they’d get pretty damned nauseated by it. The 125 milligrams is sufficient for them. This is a psychoactive material but it’s not psychedelic, and this amount does not add to the base level. They would take their normal amount of acid and just add this which does not increase the activity of the other psychedelic. It’s just an auxiliary, and brings a different dimension to it. Some people would prefer 250 milligrams instead of 125 milligrams of the harmaline. Those who have trouble with nausea take it anally. Myron: You just put a capsule up their rectum? Jacob: Yep! You just say, “Squat, find your asshole, put the capsule right up your asshole, shove it up as far as you can. Go like that.” (Demonstrates.) That always gets a nice laugh.

I've heard mixed reports as to whether LSD is actually potentiated by MAOIs, some say it does other say it does nothing or decreases the trip. TripSit's combo chart actually lists it as slightly decreasing the effects.

I can't take MAOIs so I haven't tried it myself to see if it works for me.

Next time I will have a few scoops of Black Currant jam and see what it does

The combination was also used sometimes by Leo Zeff during psychedelic therapy sessions, it's mentioned in The Secret Chief, pg. 86, 92 (PDF available here):

I've heard mixed reports as to whether LSD is actually potentiated by MAOIs, some say it does other say it does nothing or decreases the trip. TripSit's combo chart actually lists it as slightly decreasing the effects.

I can't take MAOIs so I haven't tried it myself to see if it works for me.
I wouldn't say it amplifies it in the same way that DMT does, but this huge sense of grandiosity seems to accompany this combination in a really unique way. The way that ayahuasca lets me peruse my cognition's inner workings deeper than other drugs gains LSD's analytical clarity, and it's probably the most healing thing I've ever used as far as psychoactives go. Might be tied with MDMA for that, though.

I do wonder how much of the length extension is related to the different perception of intensity though, MAOI potentiated LSD lasts noticeably longer for people. Many people I've given this to have also told me that acid's typical chaos felt reigned in a little bit by the harmalas' impact on the trip, making it a much less anxious experience for some people past the come up.

I have never witnessed come up anxiety in my entire life like on MAOI potentiated LSD, though.

Next time I will have a few scoops of Black Currant jam and see what it does
I'm unfamiliar with black currant jam, but I found that Syrian rue straight up ruined trips with nausea, while Banisteriopsis caapi and purified harmalas did not. A friend of mine insufflates harmaline sometimes while on LSD as a sort of booster, but they were also routinely doing that when not tripping, around that time.