• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

Lyrica

D

Dasy

My son recently had a massive seizure abd stopped breathing after he was taking a grip of lyrica 300mil.. The hosp dr wasn't aware of the side effects of lyrica we found it on the internet after.. Why is there not more info. On the side effects.. Lyrica is dangerous and should have dr know more info before giving it out.. Thank you mother very concerned

there is lots and lots of info on the internet

i'm not sure what you're trying to get at here so i shall leave the thread here for now..

Isnt pregabalin (Lyrica) an anti seizure med prescribed for epilepsy ?

This seems like a paradoxical reaction similar to the ones accuring with benzodiazepines sometimes.

If this happened in a clinical setting your Dr should be the goto source. Get second opinions.
Doctors in clinical settings should know way more than any Bluelight member. Much love but we are amateurs compared to a licensed physician.

Having been to a many licensed practitioners of medicine throughout my life, and knowing what I know, I beg to differ.

It sounds like your son tried to overdose. Excuse my insensitivity, but thank God it wasn't something else...

How strange that an anti seizure med causes a seizure, but then would your son have tegretol or phenobarbital then this would had worked better then lyrica. Do i get you correct in that the lyrica was taken say minimally 45minutes already before that bad seizure or did your son manage to take a capsule the moment he felt that seizure being on the way, because i have some seizure experience myself and if one is about to mess with me and make me piss my pants then a bit upfront, this varies,i feel this weird feeling i learned to recocnize giving me enough time to put a piece of wood(always available) between my teeth taking more of my anti seizure med plus enough benzo sometimes this prevents one to happen sometimes it dont while i take my meds regularly.
Now strangely enough i am prescribed lyrica 900mg a day to deal with this problem, however in western europe its also used against general anxiety disorder for which problem is acts briefly like a few months if youre lucky, but its action against seizures stays and i dont think i have to mention that if youre prone to get a seizure then taking the meds who work for you daily and at precise intervals and if your doctor lets you switch between meds say every three months they keep their activity.
One med namely tegretol lowers methadone bloodlevels in case this is important, because however i dont know if methadone is used to less from it can trigger a seizure that is mainly to expect when the 'real' hit and if this med does play a rolet hen twice a day half a dose is even protective, but better let your doctor decide about this. Regards Freek

I could see Lyrica causing seizures for sure. On high doses my fingers twitch and even whole body twitches.

I've had horrible brain zaps from phenibut which is a very similar drug.

I experienced a seizure from a particularly stupid combination of Lyrica, tramadol, and bupropion. I have lesions of an unknown variety following the episode. I'm still in the process of trying to determine the nature of the lesions. My doctor says they're not metastatic or malignant and not to worry unless I start to experience new neurological problems and I will not accept his answer. I'll add that the lesions are on my left occipital lobe for what it's worth. If I find out more after an upcoming PET scan I will post it here.

Antiseizure meds can cause seizure for sure.... for the people who without seizure