• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Gabapentinoids Lyrica, wd combo, help...

Minerva181818

Greenlighter
I'm new here but have been absorbing valuable info for years from you guys. I was looking for specific info on what will combat the grogginess from lyrica. I normally take gabapentin, took lyrica yesterday to combat WD from oxycodone, about 100mg daily, tapered off the WD with 7.5 norcos. Those are gone and yesterday used 90 mg loperamide, 50 mg hydroxyzine to help the loperamide along in crossing into the CNS and for duration, some potassium, some excedrine for the acetaminophen and caffeine, a couple phenylephrine, 150mg gabapentin, and 150mg lyrica. This was all taken in two separate doses but the amounts I have stated are in total. Early this.morning I took 75 mg lyrics to sleep some more. Now I am wanting to know what I should do now. The combo worked for the WD except I was very groggy. Is there anything should not take with this combo? Anything that will work better so I am not groggy? I have a LOT to do today and I need help fast.... I do have a ton of OTC meds, usual culprits, and a decent amount of prescription stuff but nothing great.
Thanks in advance...😉

Last edited:
The groggy feeling is a common side effect of Lyrica (pregabalin) and while it can't be combated per se, it does subside after a few days of consecutive use.

I would urge caution within the loperamide though. At that dosage it's staying the right side of the BBB and acting as a centrally acting opioid agonist so throwing it in like that is counter productive to quitting opioids as it's just like throwing in a random low dose of oxycodone or hydrocodone or whatever opioid you're trying to stop...

Other than that, there isn't much point in using pregabalin AND gabapentin at the same time, just use one or the other. Maybe try adding a low dose of a benzodiazepine for a few days at night and perhaps some clonidine and you've pretty much got all bases covered regarding comfort meds to get through opioid withdrawal. I would also go easy on the caffeine...Just don't make the mistake of randomly throwing in an opioid agonist (such as high dose loperamide) if you're trying to actually quit, as while it will make you feel better, its just prolonging the actual withdrawal itself...

Good luck...

Thanks, and yes I totally understand your point in the loperamide being counterproductive, the only reason I have done it is because I had things I HAD to do and was in no shape to be able to do so I had to go with a quick fix. Then I threw in a lyrica because I only had a few gabas and I am very used to those so i thought the lyrica might end up being more effective. The sleep isn't an issue because the lyrica helped with that not being used to taking it. (And sleep was so welcome!) I'm just super groggy and I have to fix it asap somehow.

Thanks, and yes I totally understand your point in the loperamide being counterproductive, the only reason I have done it is because I had things I HAD to do and was in no shape to be able to do so I had to go with a quick fix. Then I threw in a lyrica because I only had a few gabas and I am very used to those so i thought the lyrica might end up being more effective. The sleep isn't an issue because the lyrica helped with that not being used to taking it. (And sleep was so welcome!) I'm just super groggy and I have to fix it asap somehow.

That's understandable with the lope if you had stuff that you had to do. It's great that you get the fact of using an opioid to relieve the pain of opioid withdrawal is counterproductive, it always surprises me that so many people don't get it.

That groggy feeling is a real pain though isn't it? But trust me, it's a side effect that does go away quickly in my experience. It real only occurs when you first start using Lyrica on the first 2 or 3 occasions. All I can think you could do to combat it is perhaps a stimulant of some sort like caffeine however, that usually makes the opioid withdrawal in general feel much more uncomfortable. The only other thing to suggest is to go with a slightly lower dose next time.

I will say this, the specific combo I used this time really has done wonders for the WD. I have used the lope before when I had to but with the things I have taken with it this time the WD is not there at all except for the low energy. The biggest thing that always gets to me is the temperature fluctuations, I always have that BAD and it always is what really makes everything unbearable. The lope has helped that before but this time the combo I took really helped!! I tried to really take specific things for the chemical reactions i was looking for, the double gabas were just an incidental, but anyway, Just throwing that out there. And thanks for the feedback, I appreciate your time!❤

I will say this, the specific combo I used this time really has done wonders for the WD. I have used the lope before when I had to but with the things I have taken with it this time the WD is not there at all except for the low energy. The biggest thing that always gets to me is the temperature fluctuations, I always have that BAD and it always is what really makes everything unbearable. The lope has helped that before but this time the combo I took really helped!! I tried to really take specific things for the chemical reactions i was looking for, the double gabas were just an incidental, but anyway, Just throwing that out there. And thanks for the feedback, I appreciate your time!❤

You're welcome.

If you can get a hold of some, clonidine works wonders for those temperature fluctuations and the horrible cold sweats that opioid withdrawal brings. It's an alpha adrenic agonist and blocks somewhat the noradrenalin storm that withdrawal causes. It's great for calming that horrible feeling when you just can't settle and want to crawl out of your own skin. It's totally non addictive and easy to get your doctor to prescribe. It complements Lyrica amazingly well to make opioid withdrawal bearable...

Best of luck to you.

So I was able to get my Adipex early, but I am still SO groggy! This is unbelievable. It was at like 7:00am when took only 75mg of lyrica! When will this crap wear off??

I would wager that it has more to do with the lope. Everytime I gave taken larger doses I have always felt tired, immobilized. The Lyrica might be interacting with the gaba and lope. 75mg shouldn't make you that tired for that long.