• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Lyrica (Pregabalin) Withdrawal

Hey everyone here I am going through lyrica withdrawal for the second time (600-750mg every 2 days). I’m currently feeling so sick and I have taken clonidine, mirtazapine and zofran to help. This second time isn’t as bad as the first but it is still horrible. I have intense nausea, hot/cold flashes, high heart rate, flushed skin, headache and more. This withdrawal sucks and I don’t want to feel this way especially right now.

Do you guys have any advice for getting through this or something that could help? My stomach wasn’t as bad today but once it was 6pm that’s when I started to feel it. My anxiety isn’t too bad it’s mainly just my stomach and heart rate/head ache.
You could try beta alanine , its supposed to block ghb withdrawal also . It lowers glutamate surges which is probally an important thing . Its a supplement . Gonna order it also , some old thread here on bluelight on ghb withdrawal some one swore on it worked great .

I am taking edibles to help abstain from Lyrica and seems to be helping me in my situation so far.

The craving is still there though. It seems like it would be so easy to just take some right now.

I hear it is good enough to be addicting, though.

Anybody here having withdrawn from high doses (900+mg) of pregabalin and could tell whether this was easier or harder than from lower dosages? I have a theory but Idk whether I'm wrong or not.

Anybody here having withdrawn from high doses (900+mg) of pregabalin and could tell whether this was easier or harder than from lower dosages? I have a theory but Idk whether I'm wrong or not.
Im on day 2 of dropping lyrica (300mg a day) after using for 2 years maybe. ive been feeling very anxious and with a lot of diarrhea, specially today. And headaches, not horrible ones but they are there. What meds are u using to help u out? I got Clonidine, Immodium, Clonazepam, and many vitamins like C, D , B Complex, Ginko Biloba, etc. You know how long this lyrica wds will last?? Im on day 18 off kicking off methadone.

The symptoms you are experiencing are likely because of the effects gaba and gaba receptor binding medications relate very closely with the G.I. tract and one of the keys roles of modulation is gut inflammation.

So most likely I'd say this is "rebound" and lack of lyrica(pregabalin) is now causing G.I. inflammation and possibly even muscular spasms withing the tract and possibly bowel.

Hope this helps!
Hello, you seem to know your shit and give great advice, so right now im on day 2 of lyrica (300mg a day), and im feeling a bit anxious, nothing crazy, but i got those lil ants feeling in my arms and body, also very bad diarrhea. I took lyrica for about 2 years, i got clonidine, clonazepam, seroquel to sleep and lots of vitamins , C, D, B Complex, Gingko biloba, etc. You know how long this annoying wds would last???

Hello, you seem to know your shit and give great advice, so right now im on day 2 of lyrica (300mg a day), and im feeling a bit anxious, nothing crazy, but i got those lil ants feeling in my arms and body, also very bad diarrhea. I took lyrica for about 2 years, i got clonidine, clonazepam, seroquel to sleep and lots of vitamins , C, D, B Complex, Gingko biloba, etc. You know how long this annoying wds would last???

Why did you stop so suddenly, is it possible for you to taper down? Jumping off of a dose you've taken daily for years isn't ideal, but maybe there is a reason you can't taper. That said, if you are under medical care your doctor should be able facilitate a taper.

Why did you stop so suddenly, is it possible for you to taper down? Jumping off of a dose you've taken daily for years isn't ideal, but maybe there is a reason you can't taper. That said, if you are under medical care your doctor should be able facilitate a taper.
Because i jumped from 20mg of methadone 19 days ago today, and lyrica stopped being helpful so i was "fuck u 2 lyrica" i had taken years, i still have a box of 86 pills of 100mg brand new. just trying to cut everything lil by lil, yesterday im not gonna lie those skin crawls were kinda pesky but the mind is powerful when u set a goal, so everytime they came i just went" lol u lil cuntface thats all u got? u call that a wd? im from the heroin/fenty school, fuck outta here" all morning and afternoon like that....were it really got me was w the runs, damnnnn, not even the first week of the methadone kick was that bad in terms of shitting lol. Anyways i read some bluelighters that took the same dose as me 300mg a day for over a year and they said 2 or 3 days of wds and you are over the hump, today morning in 3 hours is going to be 72 hours. Next up benzos. Take care dude, thanks for the support.

Couple days back my doc didn't push through my Lyrica so I knew when I couldn't eat and like being said by OP no sound from stomach and when I don't crave nicotine or simply I just can't smoke where now on 450mg and buprenorphine dose 4m I smoke like a locomotive!
Benzos maybe can help like clonazepam but that's the only I'm allergic or had an allergic reaction in form of rash but it was the best benzo in anxiety and relieve RLS or akathisia which is the worst! I lie down and I must stand up but again I'm to tired to be standing ughh!
This is withdrawal in pregabalin but should you choose to endure couple days it will get better!
I was trying with magnesium glycinate, taurine, N-acetyl-cysteine and codeine with paracetamol which is Tylenol in your case I imagine!

Couple days back my doc didn't push through my Lyrica so I knew when I couldn't eat and like being said by OP no sound from stomach and when I don't crave nicotine or simply I just can't smoke where now on 450mg and buprenorphine dose 4m I smoke like a locomotive!
Benzos maybe can help like clonazepam but that's the only I'm allergic or had an allergic reaction in form of rash but it was the best benzo in anxiety and relieve RLS or akathisia which is the worst! I lie down and I must stand up but again I'm to tired to be standing ughh!
This is withdrawal in pregabalin but should you choose to endure couple days it will get better!
I was trying with magnesium glycinate, taurine, N-acetyl-cysteine and codeine with paracetamol which is Tylenol in your case I imagine!
Yeah im almost over the hump, honestly it aint that bad, except for the runs its just a lil annoyance, i mean u know, one comes from H and Fenty suboxone and now methadone wds, so i just brush off this pesky lyrica ones. And Clonazepam is a good benzo, i only take at night, i threw my lorazepam and bromazepam as soon as i got the clona. Day at a time. Take care.

O i never tried any opioid besides tramadol and buprenorphine which is funny but that's for another time hang in there and save loraz and bromaz for rainy days

bump! I was never so fucking fury, fucking 2blisters I have never lost my pregabs only abussing them hardcore but not like this! It's the pharmacy I was but not that oftenm, well here you are covered with the pharmacies every 300m in centre, i'ts not proportional but then again it's like 3 in one place!
So blisters were gone in like through metal prison made frickin whaaaaaaaaat? faaaaaak, ok, let's go:
I'm now ok because any thing that makes the abilitiy to read write or watch, headache- ibuprofen not working well slight, numb, goes to spasms funny like someone is i dont know something with my leg whaat?
so it was baaaad meaning i went through this a month ago also by holiday my doc did fucked up but people work and they make mistakes!
Well I had clonidine and was tapering who will taper hjjooj majku ti jebem..............!with 2 blisters Will ask her tomorrow but she is also very old and she will give me rather strongest benzo than pregabalin so that is a funny story well I told her once that I can literally be good drinking half the bottlle if not the whole, what am i talking
I can that's like 7grams-well that's maybe to much but 30 lorazepams 2,5mg or f.e. 30 xanax 2mg XR......
so the rebund was funny I threw up like from Phenibut, this time it's like Phenibut withdrawal which I managed with weed, buprenorphine I think will see but it helps by dopamine if nothing from ampa kappa, well the pain except the ears ringing well they always doo, but now they are showing off, Last time I well
frickin memory I know every almost 90% capitals of the states or tribe names!
take one from the tribe and I have the best weed homegrown not at my place who know's what's what, colors now trying to merge, yeah the synestesia will soon nut it was 2 hours before like stomach womitting so I fucjed 5 cca lorazepam 2,5mg on throwing up and maan this pill you just try not to wet that pill with like a thousand part of tiniest tear.
Well I remembered fuck akathisia it will come or maybe not but metoclopramide 15 or 20mg and on lorazepam pill with chamomille tea and now will light a joint,
Nac helps but when is full on physical, I'm alone in a big house I'm not scared even no psychosis like.
no diarrea had some btw I think maybe that was all it were bg chinhs but again buprenorphine for years pregabalin for years with sops but lately I didn't so here I'm coherent as goat, helpfull well yet I'm not in the mode I would rather be dead than this but it's somehow ironic the wholle weekly proces ......
Well folks beta alanine they say ut works we will try, Nac works Li La(well its antiox. so it can help the liver, this chamomile tea is better for sleep) mocloperamide,
which i dont like helped here and I knew it some memory from GHB days, L-theanie till arrives here..., also we have it here it's not bad, magnesium, I dont knwow
Just if you are at the start of this drug think :limp: think with all those fingers, they even from high dose pregabs are twitchinh like that.
I guess is there anyone who can or is in a shape to tell Us how is everything.
Time is the enemy and I killed a 2700secundes with this post so it is kreepin and need to space my doses of loraz just in case well if I couldnt get from my fam doc wil need to go to e.r. and that is a clusterfic cuse many of them know about preagbalin or when they do like Withdrawal? but they are general E.R.
peace safe

The symptoms you are experiencing are likely because of the effects gaba and gaba receptor binding medications relate very closely with the G.I. tract and one of the keys roles of modulation is gut inflammation.

So most likely I'd say this is "rebound" and lack of lyrica(pregabalin) is now causing G.I. inflammation and possibly even muscular spasms withing the tract and possibly bowel.

Hope this helps!

Pregabalin does not bind to gabaA gabaB or benzodiazepine receptors.

It binds to voltage gated calcium channels through an alpha 2 subunit.

It also affects the transporter protein for GABA.

Im on day 2 of dropping lyrica (300mg a day) after using for 2 years maybe. ive been feeling very anxious and with a lot of diarrhea, specially today. And headaches, not horrible ones but they are there. What meds are u using to help u out? I got Clonidine, Immodium, Clonazepam, and many vitamins like C, D , B Complex, Ginko Biloba, etc. You know how long this lyrica wds will last?? Im on day 18 off kicking off methadone.

Unfortunately, most anecdotal information about gabapentin and pregabalain withdrawal states that benzodiazepines do not help.

Although gabapentin is used in alcohol withdrawal, the reverse is not true.

It is amazing when I read people thinking they are interchangeable. To me gabapentinoids and benzos are two completely different drugs. It always astounds me when someone taking benzos for years stops CT and think they are good with just pregabalin or gabapentin. I am sure it helps. But yeah, two different methods of action.

It is for this reason when I go through a period of a lot of anxiety I will allow myself to take gabapentin twice in a week, then the next week benzos twice in a week and then switch back. That is about as heavy as I get and it is not often. But I switch it up because they work differently and during a heavy anxiety period I don't want to get use to either of them to keep them working. Then I stop for a few weeks. Light use, no piper to pay.

If I were the OP I would continue with the CT. I bet you will be ok soon.

It is amazing when I read people thinking they are interchangeable. To me gabapentinoids and benzos are two completely different drugs. It always astounds me when someone taking benzos for years stops CT and think they are good with just pregabalin or gabapentin. I am sure it helps. But yeah, two different methods of action.

It is for this reason when I go through a period of a lot of anxiety I will allow myself to take gabapentin twice in a week, then the next week benzos twice in a week and then switch back. That is about as heavy as I get and it is not often. But I switch it up because they work differently and during a heavy anxiety period I don't want to get use to either of them to keep them working. Then I stop for a few weeks. Light use, no piper to pay.

If I were the OP I would continue with the CT. I bet you will be ok soon.
Yes, it's been shown that benzodiazepines do not help with gabapentin withdrawal.

However, it seems that gabapentin does help with benzodiazepine and alcohol withdrawal symptoms.

I think the downstream effects of gabapentin with respect to increasing GABA in the brain might ameliorate some benzodiazepine and alcohol withdrawal symptoms. I know for a fact from personal experience it does ameliorate or abolish alcohol withdrawal symptoms, as well as abolish most cravings for alcohol.

However, the reverse is not apparently true because alcohol and benzos do not affect that voltage gated calcium channels.

Because i jumped from 20mg of methadone 19 days ago today, and lyrica stopped being helpful so i was "fuck u 2 lyrica" i had taken years, i still have a box of 86 pills of 100mg brand new. just trying to cut everything lil by lil, yesterday im not gonna lie those skin crawls were kinda pesky but the mind is powerful when u set a goal, so everytime they came i just went" lol u lil cuntface thats all u got? u call that a wd? im from the heroin/fenty school, fuck outta here" all morning and afternoon like that....were it really got me was w the runs, damnnnn, not even the first week of the methadone kick was that bad in terms of shitting lol. Anyways i read some bluelighters that took the same dose as me 300mg a day for over a year and they said 2 or 3 days of wds and you are over the hump, today morning in 3 hours is going to be 72 hours. Next up benzos. Take care dude, thanks for the support.
Sorry to hear what hour going thru but i have to ask, does lopermide help with the shits that your getting from the pregabalin withdrawals? The only time i didnt grt the shits from withdrawals was from valium withdrawals…..

Sorry to hear what hour going thru but i have to ask, does lopermide help with the shits that your getting from the pregabalin withdrawals? The only time i didnt grt the shits from withdrawals was from valium withdrawals…..
Ufff im long pass that stage, dsy 81 here clean of methadone, benzos (clonazepam lorazepam and bromazepam) and lyrica 300 400mg. Living life, working getting my money up, its good to be on this side of the fence.

Funghi

Hope this helps!

eh... see below

I was just about to say that! Nearly everyone is under the misunderstanding that gabapentin and pregabalin are GABA agonists, but they are not. It's confusing because gabapentin has the word gaba in it... but they're voltage-gated calcium ion channel ligands. There may be some downstream effects on gaba levels (as well as other neurotransmitters), I think it is fairly poorly understood exactly what goes on with these kinds of drugs.

Interestingly, gabapentin and pregabalin help against opioid and also benzo withdrawals, but not vice versa. Nothing really helps against gabapentinoid withdrawals. Except other gabapentinoids. Gabapentin will help a lot against pregabalin withdrawals, and it is much easier to taper and jump off of than pregabalin.

eh... see below

I was just about to say that! Nearly everyone is under the misunderstanding that gabapentin and pregabalin are GABA agonists, but they are not. It's confusing because gabapentin has the word gaba in it... but they're voltage-gated calcium ion channel ligands. There may be some downstream effects on gaba levels (as well as other neurotransmitters), I think it is fairly poorly understood exactly what goes on with these kinds of drugs.

Interestingly, gabapentin and pregabalin help against opioid and also benzo withdrawals, but not vice versa. Nothing really helps against gabapentinoid withdrawals. Except other gabapentinoids. Gabapentin will help a lot against pregabalin withdrawals, and it is much easier to taper and jump off of than pregabalin.
Yes I've never had a problem tapering down off of 1800 to 2400 mg a day in 2 weeks.

I'm prescribed gabapentin to help with reducing alcohol, drinking and craving.

As long as I'm not being a jackass it keeps me drinking less than three standard drinks a day.