• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Lyrica (Pregabalin) Withdrawal

Woooooowwyyyy

Greenlighter
Hey everyone here I am going through lyrica withdrawal for the second time (600-750mg every 2 days). I’m currently feeling so sick and I have taken clonidine, mirtazapine and zofran to help. This second time isn’t as bad as the first but it is still horrible. I have intense nausea, hot/cold flashes, high heart rate, flushed skin, headache and more. This withdrawal sucks and I don’t want to feel this way especially right now.

Do you guys have any advice for getting through this or something that could help? My stomach wasn’t as bad today but once it was 6pm that’s when I started to feel it. My anxiety isn’t too bad it’s mainly just my stomach and heart rate/head ache.

My anxiety isn’t too bad it’s mainly just my stomach and heart rate/head ache.
Wow, that's exactly what I am going through. I will find out if it is withdrawal after I take another dose right now. Maybe a smaller dose.
I'm not feeling too well right now and I don't even know why.
I hope you get some comments to help explain effects then.

The symptoms you are experiencing are likely because of the effects gaba and gaba receptor binding medications relate very closely with the G.I. tract and one of the keys roles of modulation is gut inflammation.

So most likely I'd say this is "rebound" and lack of lyrica(pregabalin) is now causing G.I. inflammation and possibly even muscular spasms withing the tract and possibly bowel.

Hope this helps!

The symptoms you are experiencing are likely because of the effects gaba and gaba receptor binding medications relate very closely with the G.I. tract and one of the keys roles of modulation is gut inflammation.

So most likely I'd say this is "rebound" and lack of lyrica(pregabalin) is now causing G.I. inflammation and possibly even muscular spasms withing the tract and possibly bowel.

Hope this helps!
Hi thank you for your response and this would make sense. I have been unable to eat and usually my stomach would be growling but it has been silent. Something definitely does not feel right at the moment.

Wow, that's exactly what I am going through. I will find out if it is withdrawal after I take another dose right now. Maybe a smaller dose.
I hope you get some comments to help explain effects the
you see if it is due to withdrawal? Lyrica withdrawal is pretty noticeable in terms of symptoms.

Hi did you end up seeing if it was due to lyrica withdrawal?

I switched from pregabalin to to gabapentin and tapered off.

But i couldn't deal with the insomnia that lasted for months after quiting the gabapentin and resorted to phenibut, which I've been on ever since. So in that sense, I never really quit pregabalin.

Agmatine might help. Take 1g as needed. I wish i had gotten something like quetiapine to help me sleep. I was absolutely fine the during the day, but at night I simply couldnt fall asleep.

I try to keep the dosages as low as possible

but I have kindled due to past excessive Norco usage.

I switched to gabapentin and tapered off.

But i couldn't deal with the insomnia that lasted for months after quiting the gabapentin and resorted to phenibut, which I've been on ever since. So in that sense, I never really quit pregabalin.

Agmatine might help. Take 1g as needed. I wish i had gotten something like quetiapine to help me sleep. I was absolutely fine the during the day, but at night I simply couldnt fall asleep.
What is Agmatine if you don’t mind me asking? I actually just ran out of my Seroquel and I can pick it up in a few days. That stuff definitely helps a lot with sleep and even appetite.

I feel real good instantly because I dissolve the powder on my tongue. Obviously not much but is actually too much.

The Norco use was for years with frequent dosing so it makes sense that my brain remembers. For some reason ?

It's because norco and other opiates/opioids when ingested, stimulate neurotransmitters to mimic endorphins causing a "rush".

Once those receptors have been down regulated through use, you are now eliminating the body's ability to produce endorphins normally produced by fear, danger, excitement, sex etc.

These types of medication are much like abusing testosterone in the sense that the body, over time, no longer shows this response because it has adapted to it being achieved through another mechanism, which is why the body stops producing testosterone, or in your cause endorphins.

This is why you see ex abusers, doing very dangerous acts trying restimulate that "rush", because the body has stopped producing it.

That being said, some recover over time, some do not.

Another reason to not abuse these medications or natural alternatives.

Hope that helps!

It's because norco and other opiates/opioids when ingested, stimulate neurotransmitters to mimic endorphins causing a "rush".

Once those receptors have been down regulated through use, you are now eliminating the body's ability to produce endorphins normally produced by fear, danger, excitement, sex etc.

These types of medication are much like abusing testosterone in the sense that the body, over time, no longer shows this response because it has adapted to it being achieved through another mechanism, which is why the body stops producing testosterone, or in your cause endorphins.

This is why you see ex abusers, doing very dangerous acts trying restimulate that "rush", because the body has stopped producing it.

That being said, some recover over time, some do not.

Another reason to not abuse these medications or natural alternatives.

Hope that helps!
Yes !! THANK YOU. No one explains it right except on here. (bl)

I am going to save this in my important files. Because it is so very important to me.

Thank you for knowing how to help others learn. <3