• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Lyrica (pregabalin) with codeine (or other opiates)

bananafap

Greenlighter
I know Lyrica (pregabalin) potentiates codeine (opiates overall). Right?

What are your experiences with this combination? I would love to hear your thoughts and how it has worked for you. I'm new with Lyrica, not so new with opiates.

I also need dosage information and other questions, here goes:

• How much should one take pregabalin before taking codeine?
  • How much should one take codeine with pregabalin?
  • What are the most noticable benefits with this combo?
  • Is this combination safe? Any dangers in it?
  • Is there some way to deepen the effects of this combination / making the buzz longer with adding something else in it?
  • After taking pregabalin and codeine, can you boost it for example two, three hours later with pregabalin? Does it do anything? (I know you can't boost just codeine with codeine)

Alright that's probably it.
Took 300mg of pregabalin and 400mg of codeine today. First the pregabalin and one hour later the codeine. About 40 minutes and oh my what a buzz. Never experienced anything that strong with codeine alone. The problem is that it lasted only for about 30-40 minutes. I thought pregabalin would make the buzz much longer but it kinda seems it shortened it. Strongened it but shortened at the same time.

I'd appreciate any answers / experiences / thoughts!!

I feel the sane as you.

I take 600 mg per day, 20 mg Diazepam. If I leave it a week so since my previous dose of Pregabalin so can get a great buzz/nod off 600 mg.... Amd that's coming from an ex 400mg Oxycontin user.

Last edited:
I was just about to start a new thread asking about the safety of pregabalin and codeine. I'm prescribed both, but I occasionally do recreational codeine and/or dihyrocodeine usually by doing cold water extraction with over the counter painkillers (I can get crystal clear results, so I think I'm OK so far as the paracetamol or ibuprophen I'm extracting from). I typically do about 600mg codeine this way (and have some tolerance). I have noticed that if I've taken pregabalin before the codeine I get a better high (more total body feel good). I'm prescribed 150mg a day of pregabalin but don't always take it - it is for anxiety and if I feel OK I skip the pregabalin, so I've got lots of it available. I want to know if it is dangerous to take more than 150mg of pregabalin, and, especially, whether taking more with codeine is going to kill me or land me in hospital.

That's a lot of codeine dude, obviously not going to rec moving onto stronger opioids, but codeine's only ever gonna take ya so far... and trust me, you don't wanna go to the hospital, especially not for opioids, at least in my experience in the U.S. In severe withdrawal have been forgotten in a back room somewhere wearing a paper outfit for hours on end to maybe get some ultra thick ativan in my hip, or one luckt time IV ativan, but it doesn't do much really. As far as OD, well let's just hope someone finds you quickly

Is 600mg a lot??? What about the pregabalin?

That's a lot of codeine dude, obviously not going to rec moving onto stronger opioids, but codeine's only ever gonna take ya so far...

Jeez! Is that a lot??? I'm not an expert on this stuff - I discovered how much I liked it after serious accidents when I had morphine drips in hospital followed by oramorph and then lots of codeine. I'm certainly not going to buy drugs from a dealer (I have no idea if there are any where I live). I like CWE because you know exactly what the maximum is you get from your extraction and because you don't have to have any contact with drug-dealing. I've done over 900mg codeine by CWE and prescribed codeine sulphate pills (the CWE can't have yielded 100% and it was about half of the dose, so maybe nearer 800mg) - couldn't move, total euphoria, but also a feeling that I might suddenly lose consciousness - so I don't do quite so much now.

I'm still interested in the question I asked though - if you mix pregabalin with codeine is it dangerous? How much pregabalin is OK mixed with codeine?

As a heroin addict in active addiction, I'd never rec even dabbling in anything stronger, and if I ever get clean then you can be doubly sure I wouldn't ever do such a thing. But yes, that's a hell of a lot to tak, especially with any regularity. The cwe is a lifesaver, naybe literally in your case, but still a ridiculous amount of codeine. Admittedly, I don't k much about Pregabalin lt GABA drugs in general, but a two second search brought this up: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/28493329/

Not a good combo, brother.

Wow thanks! I'll try my best to take your advice. Interestingly my dose hasn't increased for ages. I tend to do recreational codeine at the weekend (not every weekend), maybe a bit at a much lower dose (one or two hundred mg) some evenings. I smoke some weed (home grown low THC high CBD) most nights - not enough to be properly stoned, just a bit chilled. Probably take about 100mg of codeine a day for genuine pain-relief.