• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Lyrica for Heroin w/d

carrotcake2

Greenlighter
Tried unsuccessfully to kick a 4 year heroin (SE Asia) China white habit. Up to 3G a day.

Over 32hrs since last dose, have been taking large doses of Lyrica (1000 mg split in two doses) and felt zero withdrawal symptoms so far. Has anyone else had experience of Lyrica / Pregablin for w/d? I

Tried unsuccessfully to kick a 4 year heroin (SE Asia) China white habit. Up to 3G a day.

Over 32hrs since last dose, have been taking large doses of Lyrica (1000 mg split in two doses) and felt zero withdrawal symptoms so far. Has anyone else had experience of Lyrica / Pregablin for w/d? I
Not precisely with Lyrica but with gabapentin, both are similar and help with the shits, yawning,náusea, sweating, cramps, almost cover every single wd symptoms. U should try loperamide aswell, its a cheap opiate that doesnt cross the blood brain barrier and helps even more with every symptom too.

Not precisely with Lyrica but with gabapentin, both are similar and help with the shits, yawning,náusea, sweating, cramps, almost cover every single wd symptoms. U should try loperamide aswell, its a cheap opiate that doesnt cross the blood brain barrier and helps even more with every symptom too.
Thanks for your comments. Trying to steer clear of anything opiate based. Just thought this might be useful for anyone trying to kick. I have tried everything and this is the only thing that doesn’t have me hiding from the world for 3 days

It will make a good dent in a number of symptoms, which makes me not at all surprised that along with tianeptine, poppy seeds, loperamide, kratom &c the shitheads in the US doing the bidding of the gangsters and Jim Jones types want to ban or restrict gabapentinoids and benzodiazepines as well. They reduce, if only by a little, the dough that rehab clinics and other criminals rake in.

It will make a good dent in a number of symptoms, which makes me not at all surprised that along with tianeptine, poppy seeds, loperamide, kratom &c the shitheads in the US doing the bidding of the gangsters and Jim Jones types want to ban or restrict gabapentinoids and benzodiazepines as well. They reduce, if only by a little, the dough that rehab clinics and other criminals rake in.
Hey, at least on a personal basis from the early 70s on, Rev. Jones was an increasingly big fan of Valium, Quaalude, and Nembutal (to name only the downers documented by name) plus unspecified amphetamines, and quite likely some kind of painkillers (which he at least mentioned needing to use as far back as the Indianapolis days). Even the half-assed autopsy done on his badly-decomposed remains showed him having accumulated levels of pentobarbital that would ordinarily be considered "toxic," even though he died from a gunshot to the head.

Of course for his followers he insisted on total abstinence from cigarettes and alcohol as well as drugs, castigating their use as a bourgeois vice. Peoples Temple did run an (apparently rather successful) detox/rehab program in California on the abstinence model. But by the Agricultural Project ("Jonestown") era, he appeared to favor drugs in the form of Thorazine as a disciplinary device, probably in conjunction with phenobarbital, based on the medications stocked.

Dr. Larry Schact (himself a former teenage speed freak out of Houston's intravenous methedrine scene) also freely prescribed Valium for sleep among the followers/inmates at Guyana, and used injectable diazepam to alleviate the acute panic that was surely overtaking more people daily. (And of course by the very end, cyanide was the drug of choice -- although the infamous Flavor-Aid recipe also seems to have called for chloral hydrate and more diazepam plus promethazine and/or diphenhydramine.)

Which is all just to say that I could easily see Jim Jones working some Lyrica into his personal drug regimen, even taking a special shine to the gabapentinoids if he found himself with today's feeble downer options. And since he held the "fascist" US government in contempt, and generally ran roughshod over the laws of the US and Guyana alike where controlled substances were concerned, I don't quite see him as the poster boy for this particular form of repression.

stfu lyrica is 3x stronger than gabapentin, 66.6% higher bioavailability..... SAME THING IS GABAPENTIN, but i reccomend taking them together, lyrica however is the least expensive, that said, i also reccomend throwing into the mix or using alswell, Phenibut or phenibut cystals, and then go to church with a fire extinguisher just incase you burst into flames and pray to our lord and savior, then sit there, and get a bible, and read it everyday, all day even when vomitting ruthlessly, i suggest getting a book stand for this, don't cheap out on the stand either, you don't wana do that, on your way outta church best get some holy water, because you're gonna need it ( i say this because i know i will)

stfu lyrica is 3x stronger than gabapentin, 66.6% higher bioavailability..... SAME THING IS GABAPENTIN, but i reccomend taking them together, lyrica however is the least expensive, that said, i also reccomend throwing into the mix or using alswell, Phenibut or phenibut cystals, and then go to church with a fire extinguisher just incase you burst into flames and pray to our lord and savior, then sit there, and get a bible, and read it everyday, all day even when vomitting ruthlessly, i suggest getting a book stand for this, don't cheap out on the stand either, you don't wana do that, on your way outta church best get some holy water, because you're gonna need it ( i say this because i know i will)
can I mix my blow with holy water and iv it on my penis?

I've been trumpeting this fact for years! Straight up, if I could have only one substance for Opioid withdrawal, it would be either Gabapentin (Neurontin) or Pregabalin (Lyrica). Gabapentinoids seem to scratch the right place somehow. I wouldn't say that you won't experience any sort of negative symptoms, but these really are so beneficial for a large segment of the Opioid-using population.

The biggest thing for me would be the relief of Restless Legs Syndrome/Akathisia. These are by far the worst and most dreaded symptoms for me and these drugs are actually used for these symptoms anyway. They also seem to relieve the extreme lethargy, which is obviously a huge plus.

Thank you for this thread and I hope you stick with it and succeed. I also have to kick a prescription opioid addiction in a week's time when my patch runs out and just found a box of Lyrica 75mg. Are you taking 500mg twice a day, do you mean?

So I should be fine to take up to 3 of these twice a day when I am withdrawing?

yeah, lyrica is a magic bullet but be cautioned - tolerance is real and extreme. use it to kick and then stay clean... if you end up using it whenever you run out it really does stop working well, even if those days are weeks apart..

Thank you for this thread and I hope you stick with it and succeed. I also have to kick a prescription opioid addiction in a week's time when my patch runs out and just found a box of Lyrica 75mg. Are you taking 500mg twice a day, do you mean?

So I should be fine to take up to 3 of these twice a day when I am withdrawing?

First off, xivixive makes a very good point. Tolerance grows exponentially with Gabapentinoids, especially when you're taking very high dosages like you probably will during Opioid withdrawal. You want to use as low of a dose as possible, but this drug actually has a very wide therapeutic index. Bad reactions are fairly rare and it seems that overdose typically just results in inebriation without significant risk of life or health.

Basically, do what works for you. You shouldn't have to worry too much about the Pregabalin. I would say you'll probably require 300mg in a day at least to get significant relief from a true Opioid Withdrawal Syndrome. If you only have a limited amount, be sure to use it economically.

Best drug for heroin wd you can get on with your day even be happy and buzzing. You know you withdrawing you can feel your back a little aching and legs feel a little stiff sneezing loads but you not got the anxiety fatigue or restlessness . I have actually gone to work and been banging my head to music while i drive my lorry

I've been trumpeting this fact for years! Straight up, if I could have only one substance for Opioid withdrawal, it would be either Gabapentin (Neurontin) or Pregabalin (Lyrica). Gabapentinoids seem to scratch the right place somehow. I wouldn't say that you won't experience any sort of negative symptoms, but these really are so beneficial for a large segment of the Opioid-using population.

The biggest thing for me would be the relief of Restless Legs Syndrome/Akathisia. These are by far the worst and most dreaded symptoms for me and these drugs are actually used for these symptoms anyway. They also seem to relieve the extreme lethargy, which is obviously a huge plus.
I don't know why the fuck this is not used more for wd. I come from the Punjabi community and the use of poppy pods and raw opium is massive. I have access to loads of pregabs from friends who are prescribed it and don't take it I can get 112 300 mg capsules a month. I have got five Punjabis who are addicted of the shit a couple of them are taxi drivers and they both worked during wd. Three of them have relapsed but don't seem to give a shit because they know they can have an easy wd with pregabs.

I don't know why the fuck this is not used more for wd. I come from the Punjabi community and the use of poppy pods and raw opium is massive. I have access to loads of pregabs from friends who are prescribed it and don't take it I can get 112 300 mg capsules a month. I have got five Punjabis who are addicted of the shit a couple of them are taxi drivers and they both worked during wd. Three of them have relapsed but don't seem to give a shit because they know they can have an easy wd with pregabs.

I get it man. I have taught in Iraq and Cambodia both and it seems like all of these places have easy access to softer pharmaceuticals. I could easily get Pregabalin, Benzodiazepines and Methylphenidate pretty easily as long as I had cash.

I'm obviously all for sweeping drug reforms and legalization From a purely Harm Reduction perspective, I think giving an Alcoholic a small mountain of Pregabalin and a shovel... if it truly allowed him to stop drinking, is a victory albeit a little small.

Aside from that, yes I think that Gabapentinoids are under-utilized in "addiction medicine". They carry with them a risk of dependence and withdrawal, but I believe that in many cases it is worth it.

I guess really, Gabapentinoids are prescribed quite a bit. The issue is with the philosophy behind the prescription. I think they fall into the category of pharmaceuticals known as;

"It works amazingly and quickly. I've finally found something that works! Thank you so much"

Which in turn makes them automatically off the table. Don't ever tell anyone that a drug works any more than:

"I feel a little bit of relief, I guess maybe we should keep trying it. It might start working better maybe?"

Thing is, great for withdrawal possibly but when using it long term, which is highly possible as it does make you feel good, the side effects increase then the withdrawal from pregabalin/gabapentin is horrid.

Use it for as long as you need it but no longer and if you’ve been using it in high doses for a week or more I’d definitely taper that shit down rather than just stopping it.

I get it man. I have taught in Iraq and Cambodia both and it seems like all of these places have easy access to softer pharmaceuticals. I could easily get Pregabalin, Benzodiazepines and Methylphenidate pretty easily as long as I had cash.

I'm obviously all for sweeping drug reforms and legalization From a purely Harm Reduction perspective, I think giving an Alcoholic a small mountain of Pregabalin and a shovel... if it truly allowed him to stop drinking, is a victory albeit a little small.

Aside from that, yes I think that Gabapentinoids are under-utilized in "addiction medicine". They carry with them a risk of dependence and withdrawal, but I believe that in many cases it is worth it.

I guess really, Gabapentinoids are prescribed quite a bit. The issue is with the philosophy behind the prescription. I think they fall into the category of pharmaceuticals known as;

"It works amazingly and quickly. I've finally found something that works! Thank you so much"

Which in turn makes them automatically off the table. Don't ever tell anyone that a drug works any more than:

"I feel a little bit of relief, I guess maybe we should keep trying it. It might start working better maybe?"
I used to take my family holidays in Punjab because it been in a heroin epidemic for a couple of decades and I knew I could get gear and it was shit hot gear. In India, I could walk into any pharmacy in my town and get whatever I wanted the same with everyone else huge problem. But I loved it top quality gear if you paid the right money and a pharmacy you could pic meds like candy and with India being the biggest generic pharmaceutical producer it was dirt cheap. I have given them to my cousin who an alcoholic and it worked for him and with it being an anti-epilepsy drug knew it will stop any seizure. You are right with us, addicts switching is a problem that's why I would increase the dose for three days and taper for 3 for my pals' detoxes and not give them no more. I have wd from pregabs countless times and it is a hell you stay in the same hell for 6 7 days. During my detoxes from heroin, I would think I wish I was dead but on pregabs i actually started planing it right up to looking up how to tie a hangman's noose and getting the rope. That's why when someone asks for my help I go their place every day and give the dose to their partner or another family member. My hairdressers are Egyptian and they say pregab abuse plus these red colour tramadols are a huge problem there. Before people start I'm not saying its worse than opiate wd but it just stays at the same level for nearly a week . My problem is two of my friends here in uk prescribed them and don't take them they both on max dose and I just love the buzz so much music food sex it all better on pregabs so for wd I think it should be in the hands of friends family or professionals, not the addict because after six days they will still feel quite shitty and a pregab will be turned to

Last edited: