• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Lyrica Can i open capsule and swallow powder

nosliw

Greenlighter
I have chronic leg nerve pain and take 600mg of Lyrica a day in divided doses, i want to know if i can cut open the capsules and just swallow the powder. The capsules take 1-2 hours to kick in. sometimes i need the pain relief quicker. Will i get a total rush or will it just digest quicker. Thanks.

I guess it will activate before, anyway do not expect any type of "pirsa" of pregabalin.
When you say swallow the powder, you mean dissolve it in water and drink? 600mg of pregabalin could have a pretty disgusting taste, it's a lot.

DocLad

Thanks i've already had 450mg via capsule today, but will try the last 150mg in powder form and see if it works quicker

I've been on a 3 day binge now. It's not until last night i started snorting them. It kicks in much quicker but doesn't last as long. Theoretically this should be obvious. Right now i've popped 600mg in my mouth and snorted 150mg. I'm about to snort another 150mg soon. So far i feel happy and drunk haha

I think the time has come to give good advice on harm reduction and close the thread.

DocLad

I've been on a 3 day binge now. It's not until last night i started snorting them. It kicks in much quicker but doesn't last as long. Theoretically this should be obvious. Right now i've popped 600mg in my mouth and snorted 150mg. I'm about to snort another 150mg soon. So far i feel happy and drunk haha

Posts like this aren't appropriate in Basic Drug Discussion. However, we do have a Trip Reports section if you want to write one up when you're finished.

I used to dissolve my pregabalin in juice, doses of 600mg-900mg; pretty weird, chemical sorta taste but I don't recall it having any signfificant advantage to simply swallowing in-capsule. In fact, I think that it might even help for pregabalin to be more slowly transported into the system; I used to get stronger effects if I took say, 3 divided doses of 300mg rather than 900mg in one whack. Pregabalin seems to share basically none of the pharmokinetics of gabapentin eg. it does not absorb better with food/fatty food or whatever, but I do think it has some of the transporter-saturation effect especially at very high doses.

Either way, the w/d is hideous IME, and high doses for prolonged periods make me whacky as fuck so I just take 150mg x 3 per day and get some anxiety and pain relief from it. Higher doses now and then are enjoyable but tolerance rises incredibly rapidly and completely on this stuff.

Onset of action will be 10-15 minutes faster outside of the capsule and taken orally