• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Lyrica and kratom help

milkonie

Bluelighter
Hey all

I have been on and off with the lyrica for years now. Id get a script with repeats..abuse it and then run out and deal with the shitty aftermath..

Just recently I've had access to it over the counter, no script required where I'm living..

At the same time, I came across kratom recently. I've had a few weeks of benders (2-3 days) of lyrica abuse..some time off of about a week.

Two weeks ago I had a 3 days bender, then tried to taper. At the same time, for almost 2 weeks now I've been not stop on the kratom . It's really my first time with it but I finally got a taste for it.

I know where this all leads, and I'm a person that just has to stay abstinent from everything because I am a very addictive personality.

I started tapering the lyrica last week...staying on the kratom. Got some Xanax for it just in case. Ended up going on another bender with the lyrica..eating almost all the Xanax and kept the.kratom.going..

Tomorrow I'm going to start again...WD from kratom for just two weeks shouldn't be too bad. Lyrica will be so I'm going to try the taper again.

Just looking for advice here because I feel a bit trapped and dont know the best way to go about this.

I was thinking...just cold turkey the kratom because it hasn't been a long time on it, and taper the lyrica.

Does this sound like a good idea?

I was going good last week...hitting the gym and all that. But I had kratom in my system..

Any input would be greatly appreciated..

So I'll call this day one..
I cut my lyrica dose to 150mg morning and night ... Tomorrow I'll drop it to 75/150 and keep tapering this way.

I still had my kratom. I've noticed my tolerance is up and it's not doing what it has been doing. ..

Tomorrow I'm just going to cold turkey the kratom and see what happens while continuing to taper slowly my lyrica...which I feel will be a worse WD.

Lyrica numbs me like a zombie , really bad taste for recreational purposes but taper as much as possible before you drop it . If used for opi w/d when u stop Lyrica some symptoms of opiate withdrawal will come back even if its been quite a while...so i would say tapper lyrica while using minimal amounts of kratom and u can get passionflower tincture which helps for sleep ( no benzos if u dont absolutely need them or take diazepam 5 MG) . Then tapper quit kratom , which is gonna be not very nice but worth it of course.

Lyrica numbs me like a zombie , really bad taste for recreational purposes but taper as much as possible before you drop it . If used for opi w/d when u stop Lyrica some symptoms of opiate withdrawal will come back even if its been quite a while...so i would say tapper lyrica while using minimal amounts of kratom and u can get passionflower tincture which helps for sleep ( no benzos if u dont absolutely need them or take diazepam 5 MG) . Then tapper quit kratom , which is gonna be not very nice but worth it of course.
Thankyou

Well..I've been feeling pretty paranoid and stuff tonight...
And then I kinda woke up in a bit of shock. Feel like absolute shit ..trying to figure out what is wrong.
I realised I didint take my nighttime dose of lyrica...not sure if that's the reason or what.

Feel pretty awful...but I definitely can access enough for a slow taper..

Damn I hope I learn my lesson this time.

Tomorrow I'm going to not take kratom in the am, and see if I can last the day. Just so there's one less thing to worry about.

You have only 2 weeks using lyrica 3 days a week?

That absolutely will not give you withdrawals, only the anxiety/depression/comedown that is not a withdrawal symptom, is more part of the obsession with the drug use, i had stop without tapper several drugs the 15 years i have using them, you only need to tapper when is a chronic use (long term, daily), and even without taper you will be fine mostly... it sounds more like anxiety, not withdrawal symptoms, so, you really dont need lyrica slow taper, is unnecessary and only will delay your drug use, be aware of that ;)
I hope you feel better soon, if you cant manage drug use, just stop and back later or with other drug, if you cant manage any drug use, just dont use them, i strongly advice in have some psychological help, or try to understand yourself and why you have compulsive drug use, specially if the compulsion comes with every kind of drug :)

Edit: How much time you are using lyrica and whats the dose?, you can quit kratom with any withdrawal if you have 2 weeks using, and i recommend not to taper it. About lyrica, if its a long term use, feel free of tapper it slow, im lyrica user too, i have never feel wds of it in my rest times, how much lyrica and how much time are you talking about?

Last edited:
You have only 2 weeks using lyrica 3 days a week?

That absolutely will not give you withdrawals, only the anxiety/depression/comedown that is not a withdrawal symptom, is more part of the obsession with the drug use, i had stop without tapper several drugs the 15 years i have using them, you only need to tapper when is a chronic use (long term, daily), and even without taper you will be fine mostly... it sounds more like anxiety, not withdrawal symptoms, so, you really dont need lyrica slow taper, is unnecessary and only will delay your drug use, be aware of that ;)
I hope you feel better soon, if you cant manage drug use, just stop and back later or with other drug, if you cant manage any drug use, just dont use them, i strongly advice in have some psychological help, or try to understand yourself and why you have compulsive drug use, specially if the compulsion comes with every kind of drug :)

Edit: How much time you are using lyrica and whats the dose?, you can quit kratom with any withdrawal if you have 2 weeks using, and i recommend not to taper it. About lyrica, if its a long term use, feel free of tapper it slow, im lyrica user too, i have never feel wds of it in my rest times, how much lyrica and how much time are you talking about?
Hello, thankyou for your reply..

Yes...when I say using them, I mean abusing them.. I try to stay totally clean because I have a problem with drugs...but when I take lyrica ..I'll take 900mg in one go, then more the next day, then try to take a maintenaince dose, then relapse again the next weekend, etc etc...and Ive been doing that for a couple of months with some weeks off in between...

So I have really messed with my brain.

Either way, I'm doing a slow taper.with the lyrica with the aim of getting completely clean.

I woke up now, very just exhausted and very bad headache but I know..I haven't been using it long enough to have too bad withdrawals. From both kratom and lyrica.

But you are right, my mental health is the biggest part of this whole equation..

Thankyou for your feedback

If I may ask I'm also in a bit of a fight with that pregabalin shit but I'm 5 year user now and I know/used almost every gabapentinoid as benzos but sometimes I just take higher dose like 1200mg and I almost feel less rebound and withdrawal and can fast taper but than I piss like I loose 10kg in a day but it is only med that make my life bareable as benzos made me slow and just stopped working

so do you feel RLS on the 2cnd day?
are your withdrawals worse than prevoius or?

to add I used Kratom it helped me with buprenorphine and I stopped I guess that was luck

There's a difference between what is possible and what is practical in these situations. On paper, it seems like an easy fix. In real life addicts like yourself and myself cannot be trusted with all of those drugs and expect to use them responsibly.

You have Opioids, Gabapentinoids and Benzodiazepines. You are in the ready position for developing a serious poly-substance habit right now.

I think you should consider going to detox. We are all intelligent people here. It's just that intelligence and knowledge are worthless in this scenario. You would need to throw all of your shit away before you go to detox. I am a big fan of the 12-steps. The biggest point is that you have people in your life who care about you and with whom you can be honest about your situation.

If you're serious about getting over this, you need to admit defeat right now and try to figure out the best way of getting into a detox. Benzodiazepine withdrawal is considered worthy of checking into the ER (where I am, Opioid withdrawal is not a condition that they will treat in any way).

We are all here for you man. We have all been through similar situations and we're here because we care about folks still struggling. If you need someone to talk to, you know where to find me.

Thankyou Keif,

I really do appreciate the concern.

I'll elaborate more on the situation as well.
I not long ago got out of a pricey rehab, not in my home country. That was mainly for meth and ghb which is the stuff that sends me straight to the gutter. I'm not in a country where I can access a detox Unfortunately.

I have been going to 12 step meetings, and I have support in that regard.

I have been tapering the lyrica all week... No major dramas there. I find it easy to taper because I can't high off it ... I need to take a lot I'm not tempted to take more.

I've only had about 9mg of xanax total in the past few weeks...and I hate benzos anyway, so I shouldn't be in too much of a drama with the withdrawal there..

However the kratom has been going up every day.

Tomorrow, I'm just going to not take any kratom and see what happens. That's my goal. If I don't have withdrawals..I'm just going to chuck the remainder down the toilet.

One Xanax left if I'm struggling..

I totally hear you, I'm an addict 100%... I can't even have coca cola without it becoming a problem, let alone any kind of drug or alcohol.

All I have access to is 12 step meetings, which i have been doing every day and will continue

So that's my plan..CT the kratom tomorrow and see what I'm in for.

If I may ask I'm also in a bit of a fight with that pregabalin shit but I'm 5 year user now and I know/used almost every gabapentinoid as benzos but sometimes I just take higher dose like 1200mg and I almost feel less rebound and withdrawal and can fast taper but than I piss like I loose 10kg in a day but it is only med that make my life bareable as benzos made me slow and just stopped working

so do you feel RLS on the 2cnd day?
are your withdrawals worse than prevoius or?

to add I used Kratom it helped me with buprenorphine and I stopped I guess that was luck
I know that one Xmas..
I'd been really abusing lyrica for a few months on and off and drinking..

Then I had to go away for Xmas camping trip with my girlfriend. I had no lyrica left...and Id never gone through a withdrawal or rebound from it before...

It was 3 days of absolute hell..I could sleep, couldnt eat..I couldn't even drink a beer to feel better.

The only thing I had was clonodine...which maybe helped..

I found that each that was worse..

The main thing that sticks out is the Inability to get enjoyment from anything...like I can't read, can't watch a movie...and a sense of something in my head being off.

I've been through that a few more times since...less severe tho..

But never in combo with kratom at same time...

I think the advice here is pretty spot on...I haven't taken for long enough to worry so much...forget tapering kratom just stop (bag nearly empty now), and get back to support groups because I'm just a bad addict and can't go near any substance..

Thanks to everyone I appreciate it

So...

Today there was a bit of kratom left...so I just had it..

Just makes me feel weird and sluggy...not stimulated like I expect..

I hate the feeling, and I find I'm weaker In the gym too.

L

So I ran out of kratom.

I feel ok, just terrible headache in the am, and very sleepy.

Also a craving to get more..

Not going to do that...staying strong

Just thought I might finish updating my thread here because it might help someone.

Day two of no kratom and no benzos.

Feel a bit shit, but better than yesterday. Went to the gym. Going to support groups.

All that's left to taper is the lyrica which I'm doing slowly.

I know that one Xmas..
I'd been really abusing lyrica for a few months on and off and drinking..

Then I had to go away for Xmas camping trip with my girlfriend. I had no lyrica left...and Id never gone through a withdrawal or rebound from it before...
the last one was hell for me also
I asocciate memories with something always that is: I watched TV series Dark-Netflix and remember cause it was second time watching it as it is a bit mindfucking rollercoaster

My emotions were like in one moment very high like tears and no I don't cry and than episode or two after like zombie state anhedonia.

Hang in there I to now am trying to taper or whatever cause I loose track of it and from my exp tapering pregabalin doesn't work any more than CT if you can handle it!
You are fine just take it from guy that takes pregabalin for 5 years in daily 600-900mg those plus 300mg are not prescribed as 600 is highest we can get t prescribed!

pregabalin is a serious drug and chemical to withdraw and to stop.

You can always take here n there for it's rec gaba-dissoss effects but if not needed every day is a waste of ones health and drug itself

While Kratom should be up there legal arround the world and helping people getting of opioids instead f.e. buprenorphine and worse methadone
Fentanyl should'n exist

Stay safe

I asocciate memories with something always that is: I watched TV series Dark-Netflix and remember cause it was second time watching it as it is a bit mindfucking rollercoaster

My emotions were like in one moment very high like tears and no I don't cry and than episode or two after like zombie state anhedonia.

Hang in there I to now am trying to taper or whatever cause I loose track of it and from my exp tapering pregabalin doesn't work any more than CT if you can handle it!
You are fine just take it from guy that takes pregabalin for 5 years in daily 600-900mg those plus 300mg are not prescribed as 600 is highest we can get t prescribed!

You can always take here n there for it's rec gaba-dissoss effects but if not needed every day is a waste of ones health and drug itself

While Kratom should be up there legal arround the world and helping people getting of opioids instead f.e. buprenorphine and worse methadone
Fentanyl should'n exist

Stay safe

Fentanyl should'n exist

Stay safe
Oh..so you think dropping off 75mg or 150mg a day is just as bad, and tapers don't make much difference? I've never really tapered I've always just ran out so that interesting..could you expand a bit on why you think that is if you get a chance

...at the moment I'm taking 300mg a day...I guess I could just jump off..I don't feel a thing from it at all..

A few shit days and I'll be good again I suppose..

Kratom WD is not as bad as people say. For some of us it aint nothing but bad mood and lack of motivation. Remember, it is a partial opioid agonist, not full. I hate to see so many times how scared people are of kratom WD. So much that they just stay on it or dont take breaks and THAT is the real travesty

Hey

I've realised, it's not kratom. It's definitely lyrica that Im withdrawing from..

But anyway, I got some sleep finally last night so I'm doing a lot better today.

Well..

I just reread this thread. I made a new post somewhere else but it's worth updating here.

I'm fully off the lyrica for maybe 6 weeks.

It was a month of hell. But its over finally ..cold turkey (maybe bad choice there).

Brain felt broken, anxiety, panic, paranoia, adhodenia, just shit. Got through it tho .

All that remains is the kratom ..which looks like I've been taking since the start of this post with a week break or two earlier in the bender.

I hate the shit.

See how I go with cold turkey...