• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Lyrica and grapefruit juice and bicarbonate of soda.

Subbymarie66

Greenlighter
I came on to find if grapefruit juice and bicarbonate of soda was safe with Lyrica. I discovered people try taking it to get high off the Lyrica. I had no idea. I wanted to know if it's safe because I have GERD and take Omeprazole and bicarbonate of soda at the same time to keep acid away. I'm on 600mgs a day of Lyrica for spine pain and I haven't had grapefruit juice for years as I was on Burspirone. I took myself off it. I have no anxiety now. I hated getting high when I first started Lyrica. So now I want to drink grapefruit juice when out. I think I have the answers. That neither is a danger to me. The Gastroenterologist said it's safe taking bicarbonate of soda. I'm not against others getting high if they enjoy it. I really hate it. The lack of control like being drunk. I'm glad it won't have that effect on me. So if anyone wants to know it's safe to have both on Lyrica and no bicarb doesn't make you any higher. No affect at all with Lyrica. Pregablin doesn't work on my anxiety unless it's Lyrica brand. It has an extra ingredient that works for GAD. If you're put on just Pregablin for it, pointless. Insist on Lyrica for anxiety. I just told my friend and she got it changed and said wow yeah. I hope this helps someone.

Pregabalin is a great drug but tolerance seems to rise rapidly

I've taken upwards of 15 grams on empty stomach and felt very relaxed and anxiety free for around 8 hours

I've also drank tons of grapefruit juice with Diazepam & Lorazepam and didn't notice much of anything

Good luck.

Thanks very much for that. Yes I take 300mgs in the morning then 300mgs at night. It's a miracle for me who had crippling anxiety for decades. So many times I didn't want to live no more because it was ruining my life. I've been on Pregablin since 2013. I've never needed more. Helpful for my spine too. It's brittle etc. I chucked away the burspirone. I'm glad I did. Haven't had a panic attack since. Yes I'll have grapefruit juice again now. My insomnia will never go. That's been all my life. I crash out and I'm fine with that. All the best.

I came on to find if grapefruit juice and bicarbonate of soda was safe with Lyrica. I discovered people try taking it to get high off the Lyrica. I had no idea. I wanted to know if it's safe because I have GERD and take Omeprazole and bicarbonate of soda at the same time to keep acid away. I'm on 600mgs a day of Lyrica for spine pain and I haven't had grapefruit juice for years as I was on Burspirone. I took myself off it. I have no anxiety now. I hated getting high when I first started Lyrica. So now I want to drink grapefruit juice when out. I think I have the answers. That neither is a danger to me. The Gastroenterologist said it's safe taking bicarbonate of soda. I'm not against others getting high if they enjoy it. I really hate it. The lack of control like being drunk. I'm glad it won't have that effect on me. So if anyone wants to know it's safe to have both on Lyrica and no bicarb doesn't make you any higher. No affect at all with Lyrica. Pregablin doesn't work on my anxiety unless it's Lyrica brand. It has an extra ingredient that works for GAD. If you're put on just Pregablin for it, pointless. Insist on Lyrica for anxiety. I just told my friend and she got it changed and said wow yeah. I hope this helps someone.
I had a bad experience one time with Lyrica. But I also had mixed in a high dose of Gabapentin and had a Grand Mal seizure out of nowhere. I'm not epileptic so I know this came from the mix..I was prescribed both

As i remember pregabaline has minimal liver metabolism,so grapefruit juice is of no help,but it increased valium b.a. somehow.some say even codeine or oxy.as to soda idk

I've taken upwards of 15 grams on empty stomach and felt very relaxed and anxiety free for around 8 hours
Literally or is this a typo?
Pregabalin became completely transparent to me, it does nothing whatsoever anymore but at 2g I got something along a grand mal seizure like @Crowbone already mentioned. Not fun.

Yeah pregab comes out almost completely unmetabolized so grapefruit will do nothing yet it's still actively transported in and out the brain so possibly there's something like a potentiator. This is also why snorting pregab isn't effective (said transporter isn't present in the nose).

Literally or is this a typo?
Pregabalin became completely transparent to me, it does nothing whatsoever anymore but at 2g I got something along a grand mal seizure like @Crowbone already mentioned. Not fun.

Yeah pregab comes out almost completely unmetabolized so grapefruit will do nothing yet it's still actively transported in and out the brain so possibly there's something like a potentiator. This is also why snorting pregab isn't effective (said transporter isn't present in the nose).
Not a typo man

I'll be getting some Pregabalin by the end of the week

Can't wait :)

Trying to get a buzz from gabaergic drugs is like pissing in your own face. It provokes a reaction, but is still ultimately shit.

They have their uses, but getting off your tits isn't one of them...

Trying to get a buzz from gabaergic drugs is like pissing in your own face. It provokes a reaction, but is still ultimately shit.

They have their uses, but getting off your tits isn't one of them...
It's crazy but I actually like GABAerics better than benzos cause I function better and im.not so tired like on benzos.Also potentates benzos alot

It's crazy but I actually like GABAerics better than benzos cause I function better and im.not so tired like on benzos.Also potentates benzos alot

Benzos are GABAergic. Any drugs which hit on GABA in some way are.. In fact they are much more so than say Gabapentin despite having GABA in the name.

-GC