• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Lung help

burn out

Bluelighter
So I am long time weed smoker, started at age 18 and now 31. I didn't smoke that whole time, got terrible anxiety and psychotic type symptoms after years of daily use and quit for a few years but then started up again and been smoking pretty much daily ever since. I recently quit, about week ago, maybe less (my memory is so fucked from drugs I honestly can't tell time anymore).

Anyway, now that I have quit I am having problems with my lungs. Pain in the lung area, soreness, wheezing, etc. Is this a normal effect of quitting weed?

edit: I don't smoke cigarettes and never have but I did smoke crack heavily for a year but haven't done that in a couple of years.

Very temporary and mild wheezing,coughing sounds normal to me.

Pain and soreness in the lung area does not sound normal to me. How long has this pain been going on?

Make an apt with your doc for any persistent pain. Take it easy until you figure it out.

I would go to the doctor. I cough up a lot of shit in the morning, but I've smoked cigarettes for a long time. I don't ever really have pain unless I'm excessively coughing/clearing my throat. I don't know anything about smoking crack and what it does to the lungs.

Sounds like it could be bronchitis or something though. I get it every other year or so being a smoker, and they usually give you codeine/promethazine or a similiar syrup for the pain + a throat spray. It's the time of the year most people get it.

Very temporary and mild wheezing,coughing sounds normal to me.

Pain and soreness in the lung area does not sound normal to me. How long has this pain been going on?

Make an apt with your doc for any persistent pain. Take it easy until you figure it out.

it started a few days after i quit and has been present on and off since then. my lungs have always been sensitive to smoke and i dont understand how people can smoke marijuana their whole lives and feel healthy. i wont be going to the doctor because i dont have health insurance and cant afford any tests the doctors would be able to do.

it started a few days after i quit and has been present on and off since then. my lungs have always been sensitive to smoke and i dont understand how people can smoke marijuana their whole lives and feel healthy. i wont be going to the doctor because i dont have health insurance and cant afford any tests the doctors would be able to do.
Give your lungs are rest bro. You sound like you could be sick.