• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

LTC and General Anesthetic

Nambo

Bluelighter
Hi. Have have had a 4 year brutal LTC . Am undergoing a general anaesthetic tomorrow for surgery (unrelated). Any reason why I should be additionally concerned? I.e. My LTC may somehow get worse ( not possible really) or maybe the anesthetic wont be as effective? Reason I'm worried is that alcohol no loner affects me (haven't tried any drugs since the LTC) so not sure if an anesthetic will loose its effectiveness? Thoughts?

Multiple people have had anesthesia after adverse effects of MDMA and have had zero issues, I would assume a pretty normal risk of adverse effects on anesthesia (be more worried about the danger of the car ride there and back).

I've had insomnia for many years now after E abuse and I've undergone anesthesia many times without issue. General anesthetics have different mechanisms of action than alcohol, and they can just adjust the dose as necessary if you do display an above average tolerance (which is unlikely).

Best of luck with the surgery.

Long Term Comedown. When the MDMA comedown takes more than 3-7 days, and lasts for months/years
Bit off-topic but this LTC term really irks me. A comedown is normally the gradual descent from being high back to baseline after drug use. It has (had) no negative connotation but its use has been changed to describe a hangover. A normal comedown takes about an hour, maybe a bit more, not 3-7 days and certainly not months. Sorry for being off-topic a bit but I think it's kind of confusing and a bit of a shame this term is misused like that. A hangover would be a better description. This comment isn't going to change anything of course but seemed like a good opportunity to get this off my chest =D=D

Bit off-topic but this LTC term really irks me. A comedown is normally the gradual descent from being high back to baseline after drug use. It has (had) no negative connotation but its use has been changed to describe a hangover. A normal comedown takes about an hour, maybe a bit more, not 3-7 days and certainly not months. Sorry for being off-topic a bit but I think it's kind of confusing and a bit of a shame this term is misused like that. A hangover would be a better description. This comment isn't going to change anything of course but seemed like a good opportunity to get this off my chest =D=D

^Exactly what I was thinking when I read this thread.

It's quite sad that a range of psychological symptoms - which are known consequences of taking the majority of drugs - are attributed to some kind of extended comedown. Not only is it a complete misnomer, but it is quite a sad state of affairs that this misinformation has extended into the cultural mindset to the degree that people are worried that they have some kind of serious physical impairment which is going to interactive with general anaesthetic (for example; there are numerous other examples posted on this forum).

Bit off-topic but this LTC term really irks me.
"LTC" also makes a crappy "syndrome" in the sense that a syndrome is supposed to be a fairly neat collection of symptoms, whereas anybody who has any adverse effects after E seems to pool it under "LTC" when their symptoms could fit under established diagnoses (e.g. depression/anxiety/depersonalization) and be treated under that

Persisting brain zaps are rather odd and are relatively confined to these E/SSRI issues, but even HPPD symptoms can arise with a cranial nerve condition like occipital neuralgia (which can be treated with lidocaine injections onto those cranial nerves, but one would never think that if all they're thinking is LTC LTC LTC, brain is fried). I think people misdirect their doctors when they tunnel vision on the E, sometimes they immediately become headcases

Lots of people use E, lots of people develop neurological conditions, eventually those two will intersect

"LTC" also makes a crappy "syndrome" in the sense that a syndrome is supposed to be a fairly neat collection of symptoms, whereas anybody who has any adverse effects after E seems to pool it under "LTC" when their symptoms could fit under established diagnoses (e.g. depression/anxiety/depersonalization) and be treated under that

Persisting brain zaps are rather odd and are relatively confined to these E/SSRI issues, but even HPPD symptoms can arise with a cranial nerve condition like occipital neuralgia (which can be treated with lidocaine injections onto those cranial nerves, but one would never think that if all they're thinking is LTC LTC LTC, brain is fried). I think people misdirect their doctors when they tunnel vision on the E, sometimes they immediately become headcases

Lots of people use E, lots of people develop neurological conditions, eventually those two will intersect

I think the LTC term is used to differentiate between MDMA induced issues vs psychologically triggered issues.

You see these kinds of abbreviations in PFS post finasteride syndrome where the intense anhedonia is triggered by Finasteride affecting Allopregnanolone.

The whole 'brain damage' obsession itself seems very specific to those who took drugs either recreational or prescribed and ended up with psychiatric symptoms.

The question is--are the mechanisms in these illnesses the same as the mechanisms in MDD. Idk. Not as much with the LTC recently based on the recent wave of people doing well but with PFS some of those guys are *incredibly mind bogglingly* resistant to antidepressant or hormonal therapies. We are sort of lucky in that sense.

Long term comedown is just a term that implies the comedown is lasting ages and not going away.

I agree that drs shouldnt be laser focusing on the drugs part though.