View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

LSZ goo from blotters in fridge

DrPonzi

Greenlighter
I bought 20 LSZ blotters from one of the usual suspects. It's the simple white ones with "LSZ" printed on on side and a black and white multi-blotter pattern of the molecular structure on the other side. They came in a zip bag.

Anyway, so not to ruin them, I wrapped the zip bag in aluminum foil, folded the foil very tightly, and then put it in a plastic bag. This I put in my fridge (maybe 4 degrees Celsius) and then forgot all about them, for 7 months!

Last night I found them again, but when I opened the package, there is a square print of semitransparent white goo in the shape of blotters on the inside of the zip bag! It has a similar look to the fat from a fingerprint.

Is this the LSZ having leaked out of the blotters? Whyyy?!! :! :! :! What do I do, should I dissolve the goo with ethanol? Or can I just leave it like it is?

I was going to put them in an air tight container in the freezer for a rainy day, but now I'm afraid I might have ruined them. 8(

Unfortunately, I've been depressed lately and feel like I really should not trip right now. So can't just drop one to find out. Don't really know anybody who's into acid anymore either, I'm sort of out of the drug loop these days. The LSZ seemed like a reliable and legalish way to save some trips for a rainy day without being screwed by aholes selling NBOMes as acid (lsd is generally a crap shoot in my country). Unfortunately LSZ is not available domestically here anymore so it would be a hassle to get some new ones.

Good Lord, doesn't sound good.

Unless someone has a better idea, I would recomend freezing whatever the hell you've got in that baggie immediately to halt any possble/probable continuing degradation until you have a chance to deal with it & test the results.

Are you certain that nothing gooey hasn't leaked into/onto a loosely wrapped tinfoil packet & baggie, somehow?

Don't trip if you are not head-straight! Save that baggie & it's contents as best you can. If it's ruined, freezing it won't make any difference.

Sorry to hear you got the hump, know the feeling. Crack on, one day at a time mate :)

sounds like condensation
don't put blotters in fridge or freezer where moisture or people can interfere.
keep in dark like a drawer preferably in a locked one or a locked box in a drawer
dry and dark is most important.

There is only micrograms of LSZ on/in there so that is not what you're seeing...

I think yeah that is condensation and the damage it did. If you are going to put something in the freezer use a really well closed vial or - what I use - mini mason jars. And put desiccant packs in them. Well that is next time.
Not sure how I would try to remedy this situation, you could use a known volume of say vodka to try and redissolve that stuff, then filter it to get the solid matter out. You'd have liquid LSZ, not sure how stable that is though... by using very small amounts of an alcohol you could technically reapply the liquid to blotter paper and 'start over', or more reliable and safe for the unexperienced is using sugar cubes or something like that. Or just freeze the liquid LSZ.

It'll just be paper soaked in damp for 7 months. It might still be active - the trouble will be getting an accurate dosing. Just leave them somewhere safe to dry and then wrap them in tinfoil and pop in a glass jar. When you're feeling better have a guess and break off a peice.

This is an example of when vacuum packaging is required. I've been storing my 100 hits of LSZ still in the original vacuum pack that it came in for about the last year. I kept it in the freezer most of the time. Still looks exactly the same. I had a few other hits that I bought separately before the 100 and I had kept three of them for the same amount of time, about a year, but those ones I just kept in a little zip bag used for grams of weed and I just stuck it in a drawer which was frequently opened, so light could get to it for short periods. I noticed that the front surfaces, with the LSZ printed on, had turned darker over time. I don't know why. The back was still white but the front was getting pretty gray. Anyway, I was in a drug throwing away mood for a while and I just threw those 3 out along with a bunch of other RCs I figured I'd never use. Yes, that was pretty insane. If you ever get the urge to chuck a bunch of drugs out just don't do it. Later you'll say why the hell did I chuck all those perfectly good drugs out? I couldn't bring myself to chuck the 100 hits out though, still being nicely vacuum packed and all. I'll probably use them some day. LSZ isn't on my preferred drugs list but nice to have them as backup.

Regarding your story, I have to wonder why you would choose finger print fat as an example of what they look like. WFT is finger print fat anyway? I wonder how that much water got in there though. That's a pretty weird story, I must say. But yeah, I guess all you can do is dry them out in a dark place and see if they still work.

Last edited:
Regarding your story, I have to wonder why you would choose finger print fat as an example of what they look like. WFT is finger print fat anyway?

When you press down on your finger hard, fat oozes out of the skin. This is known as "finger print fat". I have a lampshade made out of it.

I think that pupnik has called it correctly - condensation ...

If storing such items in a fridge or freezer they should be well wrapped in cling wrap , foil , and baggies , etc , but also protected with a moisture adsorbing agent , eg Ca CL2 - [ Calcium Chloride , aka " Damp Rid " , etc ]. Place items in an air tight container with the drying agent - eg a small Tupperware or sealable jar with some Damp Rid to adsorb any moisture .

Suggest air drying at room temp , and testing .... Luck ...

lock and key anybody?
fridges and freezers are public space unless you absolutely never have people in the space that you own (including no landlords)

I prefer a locked drawer, but have found effective non-refrigerated storage for a tenstrip between the pages of an innocuous book on a shelf away from sunlight UNWRAPPED for years. No degradation.

Handling is not good, dry and dark is good.
open book, put blotter in crease, close book, hide book
years later find book, open book, cut blotter off tenstrip, put in mouth, yum!
replace 9strip, close book, hide book.... very little handling.

Yeah, I've heard that before about long-term storage in a book. Maybe it was you. My only concern there would be that air humidity would still be able to get to the blotters and the book pages so possibly a small amount of LSD could leach off the surfaces onto the pages that are touching it. Probably nothing noticeable but I would suggest a layer of saran wrap over the blotters anyway. That is a good method though, because cops would not be likely to find it.

why would a page in a book leach more than a film of plastic?

consider
the smoother plastic surface would actually contact more of the blotter surface with more tension (as a membrane) than the pages of a book, which at a microscopic level presents springy fibres and gaps not continuous contact.

you could put the book in a plastic zip with dessicants in a locked drawer and get the best combination.

tin foil is so 1958.

why would a page in a book leach more than a film of plastic?

consider
the smoother plastic surface would actually contact more of the blotter surface with more tension (as a membrane) than the pages of a book, which at a microscopic level presents springy fibres and gaps not continuous contact.

you could put the book in a plastic zip with dessicants in a locked drawer and get the best combination.

tin foil is so 1958.
Well, obviously paper is absorbent while plastic wrap is not. Anyway, I doubt it would be a significant factor. Probably would never be enough humidity to dissolve any of the LSD unless the book actually got water on it, which is unlikely unless there was a flood.

I'd be worried that the acids and other chemicals within paper might destroy my acid...

The dry micro-climate between the pages of the book will prevent any chemical interactions with paper that has traces of acid or ink. (the molecules will have no mobility or medium through which to interact with the blotter contents).

The fibrous texture of the pages will have less contact than plastic films would, so abrasion and adherence is less when stored in paper books than in plastic.

So locked up dry and dark in a book means no chemical interaction, & less loss due to abrasion and adherence all of which provides more longevity and security than tight wrapping in a fridge or freezer, and book based storage has no dependency on electro-mechanical cooling (fridge or freezer), and when locked in a drawer you can expect no tampering by curious strangers, etc. which can definitely happen in a kitchen appliance.

I realize this is like telling Jewish people that they can thrive on organically raised pork meat or shrimps rather than chicken soup with matzo balls but it's true. Tradition is usually way stronger than logic.

^You raise some well thought-out and probably true ideas therein :)