View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

LSDs ability to enhance marijuana after an intense trip

RamenNoodleMan

Greenlighter
Its known that some people (not all as is the case with most drugs everyone is affected slightly differently but generally the same) after an intense acid trip they later experience acid like trips or hallucinations after consuming marijuana even years after the original trip. A good way I've heard it get explained is that LSD essentially blasts open an imaginary door in your mind and with an intense enough trip that door stays cracked open and with later consumption of weed the door is opened a bit more making you susceptible to suggestions or new ideas as well as CEVs similar to LSD. A close friend had overdosed on MDMA a while back and says that he has CEVs often with weed even if hes not very high as well as acid like revelations, although weed does already give most people some pretty cool ideas about the stuff they are looking at or thinking about sometimes. i figured it was essentially the same thing that's happening because both MDMA and LSD act on your serotonin receptors, but my question is: what exactly happens neurologically that causes this phenomena to occur, is it simply because of serotonin overload, or is it something else?

Hey RamenNoodleMan,

I can, with utmost certainty, back you up on the claim that most Cannabis experiences after an extremely intense LSD will be much more Hallucinogenic. I can attest to the fact from personal experience, as well as that of other Bluelighters.

As for you overarching question: Basically, LSD is MSG for THC. It's going to amplify things.

Currently, there is no concrete evidence I'm aware of that allows for this mind-blowing *literally* experience.

Will do more research.

Yours,
fdizile

Hi Ramen!
I have noticed that after a fairly recent intense trip that if I go to almost no thc tolerance and smoke an amount I usually feel "just stoned" at, I will occasionally get an extreme almost light headedness. The only comparison I have to it would be inhaling a wipit.
But, I only get those symptoms when my thc tolerance is almost non existent. The same thing has also happened after consuming 7 grams of mushrooms while fasting.
Hmmm, thank you for the food for thought :)
✌?

Perhaps LSD and other psychs have an unknown effect on the cannabinoid receptors in our brain. I think a study should be done on this because I agree 100% that weed is different after psychedelics and I find myself having visuals sometimes especially from edibles. CEVs and OEVs, although weak, are definitely present.

for years after my first LSD experience, each experience was astonishingly accompanied by a sense of returning (home) to this amazing way of being, that I was entitled to, but which I had forgotten, or for which I had no contextual memory.

After coming down, for example, I would not know this, and though I sensed the loss, it was too vague.

However, sometimes with marijuana, or salvia, enough of the experiential context would return, and like all forgotten memories, the stoned memory of returning to this "home" would become contextually available, to the extent that the particular LSD phenomena would be re-experienced.

My suggestion for why this occurs is that when very stoned (by any means, k-opioid, 4-HT, CB etc.) then the electro physical environment of the cerebral cortex is made to sustain excited neurons for a longer duration than normally. Although each receptor cluster is is a different arrangement in the cortex, the gross effect of longer fade-out for sensation and memory is consistent across the board while subtle specifics are different for each drug.

My proposition then is that the stoned context in which memory and sensation events fade more slowly and combine chimerically is enough the same that you can access some chimeric combinations from LSD memories when you are on marijuana, but not when you come down.

thats interesting i think thats certainly possible and as Cudi said there definitely should be some research done into this.