• Find All Reports by Search Term
    Find Reports
    Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

(LSD x 2 tabs + MDMA x 0.5g). First ever trip, total horror.

GABS800

Greenlighter
I'd like to document my first ever LSD experience, which unfortunately went very wrong for a friend and I. We had meticulously planned the date, time and location in advance in order to limit any possibility of experiencing a bad trip, but this turned out to be unsuccessful. I only have limited experience with MDMA and Cocaine so this was something very new.

My friend had used psychedelics before and never had a bad trip; I felt like I was in good hands. I arrived at his house on a sunny afternoon in June, armed with a rucksack filled with supplies to potentially enhance the experience. Supplies included water, packets of sweets, fizzy drinks, torches and an i-pod. We had also packed a couple of MDMA bombs, in order to "candyflip," or to potentially get us out of danger if something went wrong. We dosed up just after midday by taking two tabs each, then headed out and caught a bus from the city into the countryside.

We noticed the drug kick in about an hour an a half later as we arrived at an area of woodland on top of a hill. Colours became richer, brighter and more intense. From the hill we could see several buildings with grey roofs, these started sparkling before our eyes like the static from a television. It was totally mesmerising and it set us off into a state of laughter. We then walked further into the woods into a quiet area we knew reasonably well, deliberately chosen so we would feel comfortable. The tree trunks began to appear like fluid as if they were breathing which looked awesome. We gazed at the leaves on nearby trees which started swirling into kaleidoscopic patterns just like Van Gogh paintings. We were having a great time.

I first noticed things going wrong when I tried having a drink. I found it almost impossible to pick up the bottle and put to my mouth. Then had a really hard time opening my rucksack. We then noticed loads of flies swarming around our heads and frantically tried swatting them away with our hands. We headed to a different part of the forrest when a farm vehicle approached and passed us slowly. This freaked us out because we were laughing, stumbling around and didn't want to be seen. Minutes later a lady walked passed with a dog. Retrospectively she was probably walking a Labrador, but to us it appeared more like a wolf. The dog approached us, started barking and we started to panic.

Tunnel vision started to kick in and everything seemed distant. I couldn't focus on anything and my walking pace slowed right down into a zombie like state. I started panicking because things didn't look familiar and we became totally lost in field we didn't recognise. Then I started hearing nonsensical, repetitive voices in my head which wouldn't stop. Our communication skills started collapsing. My friend and I tried to have a conversation but could barely speak more then a few slurred words. We realised we might be experiencing a bad trip and decided to bomb our emergency MDMA.

We thought we'd try heading home and walked around for over an hour, trying to find our way. We panicked even more when realised we'd spent the entire time walking around in a circle. We finally managed to find our way in the right direction. Cars, roads and people totally terrified me. I didn't know what they were, had no idea how to cross the roads because of my impaired vision, so I ended up walking blindly into traffic, frantically waving my hands.

I was following my friend who I suddenly didn't recognise. He didn't seem human at all. We somehow managed to catch a bus and my brain seemed to partially shut down. I couldn't think cognitively at all, I didn't feel human and I'd totally lost myself. I didn't know where I was, or how to snap out of it. I thought I'd never come round. I touched my beard and glasses and had no idea what these were. We were clearly freaking out because other people on the bus were staring at us in concern which made us even more paranoid.

Eventually we made it back to my friend's house. Where he quickly came round. It took me a lot longer. I drank half a bottle of whisky, shoved a pile of ice into my mouth. Then I was given a line of MDMA. I picked up my phone but had no idea what it was or how to use it. I felt like I needed to piss, so began unzipping my trousers right there in my friend's kitchen. Thankfully he managed to stop me and lead me into the bathroom.
Then I started convulsing on the floor believing I was in a permanent state of psychosis, that I'd end up in a hospital. I thought about names of loved ones, but couldn't mentally picture them as people. I just desperately wanted to come back. I was aware of the world around me, but had no way of understanding or interacting with it. I noticed my friend calling someone on the phone and thought he was calling the paramedics. Then a sense of impending doom engulfed me. I thought I must have been hit by a car on the way home and I had died. The whole world collapsed and I thought I was in some kind of spiritual hell like an out of body experience.

My friend then played some familiar music and spoke to me calmly. He'd actually been on the phone to a girl I knew and hearing her voice totally revived me. Suddenly I was back! As if I'd just reached the surface after being submerged in water. I hugged my friend and ran outside where it had started to rain heavily, I sat there on the street getting soaked, in absolute ecstasy and euphoria, happy to be alive. It felt like I'd died and come back to life. By this time it was 5pm and I spent the next 14 hours buzzing off all the MDMA I'd taken.

Still trying to work out what went wrong. My friend had taken acid several times and this was his first bad trip. Perhaps taking two tabs was too much. Or maybe straying too far from home was a mistake. I've recently gone though a sort of religious/spiritual identify crisis, potentially the acid brought these feelings to the surface. Maybe the MDMA was a stupid idea?

Either way, I don't think I'm going to try LSD again.

Last edited:
Ohh that sucks man, sorry that you had a bad trip! Its easy to get into a bad trip on lsd, maybe you shouldn't have candyflipped your first time! And you definitely shouldn't drink alcohol while tripping! Give it some time and maybe after a while try it again but with more friends and possibly a sober one to talk you out of a bad trip if it starts going down! Peace

MDMA will potentiate psychedelics, so it's a really poor idea to try to use it to bring one's self out of a bad trip.

ebola

Also, I would say that two tabs is too much for your first time, that's an odd decision to make.

MDMA + acid for your first time sounds like a combination, sometimes when I mix things with MDMA they become much more psychedelic.

First off 2 1/2 hits, being outside in public and mixing it with MDMA for your first trip?
This is what happens when you take your 'experienced' friend's advice and doing absolutely no research at all.

Must have been really powerfull LSD if you almost lost your ability to speak. Or were you just so high that the statenent: "My friend and I tried to have a conversation but could barely speak more then a few slurred words." referred to you not being able to come up with a centence that made any sense? Ie. You start thinking of something and by the time you think about to say it out, your mind is already thinking something else.

Never underestimate the power of LSD, start with smaller doses and work your way up. If there is ever going to be next LDS trip for you, take half of what you had, or even less.