Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

LSD with my dad

Onamadone

Greenlighter
Hey bluelight ;)

So I've tried many rec drugs, but never LSD/shrooms (mainly cus didn't know anyone that sold it)
I have access now and was thinking about trying LSD with my dad, he was BIG time into psychedelics in the 90s and stopped for the most part when he settled down (he smokes cannabis and drinks now)

Opinions? How can I bring it up? I think he may be open to the idea if my mother isn't around

Thanks for reading/replying!:)

Oh God, this just doesn't sound like a good idea. Parents don't tend to react well to finding out their kid does/wants to do drugs. If you really must, ask if you can split a joint with him or have a few beers. Maybe you can ask him how/why he liked acid, but don't just straight up ask him to drop acid with you unless you KNOW he'll be cool with it. Seriously though, most parents aren't, even if they did drugs themselves.

Just ask him, but do you really want to take drugs with your dad?

For most people the idea of using any drugs with their parents or tripping with a parent is not something we want to do.

Also, most people just dabble with psychedelics and eventually stop using them as adults, when they get older and settle down with kids, have done them enough that further use is pointless, or they move onto other drugs that they prefer.

Also a lot of parents are not OK with their kids using drugs at all, including herb or even if the parent uses drugs or once did as the person above me posted about.

^ yeah most older people who've used psychedelic hallucinogens and then stopped using them have very-little-to-no desire to use them again. They've had their run and they're satisfied with it. Personally speaking, the idea of taking strong psychedelic drugs with either one of my parents seem weird and unpleasant, even though I smoke weed with my folks fairly regularly, and even though my parents have pretty tolerant & enlightened views regarding drug use in general.

^ yeah most older people who've used psychedelic hallucinogens and then stopped using them have very-little-to-no desire to use them again. They've had their run and they're satisfied with it. Personally speaking, the idea of taking strong psychedelic drugs with either one of my parents seem weird and unpleasant, even though I smoke weed with my folks fairly regularly, and even though my parents have pretty tolerant & enlightened views regarding drug use in general.

When I was into drugs my mom knew that I was using them, and tolerated my use of them when I was into acid and mushrooms, smoking herb, drinking underage, and taking pharmaceutical opiates and stimulants but I didn't even like to be around my parents while I was on drugs as it would get weird or awkward for me, and it was akin to being the black sheep or the white elephant in the room.

I would not have wanted to take psychedelics with them even if we would drink wine with a meal.

I know people who are parents who drink or get drunk with their kids, and I know these people used to use herb and coke, but told me how if they found out that their kids were using cannabis or coke they would not be happy or like this at all.

Last edited:
We already smoke/drink together fairly regularly. We have a very good relationship :)

He would probably agree just to make sure I'm OK, I'm not a big fan of that idea

I sure as hell wouldn't want to drop acid with my kids, if I had them. I'd be fine with them doing it, but I'd in no way want to be a part of it, and I'm sure many parents feel the same way. And I fucking LOVE acid.

OP, once I told my parents I was using codeine to self medicate severe pain from an infection and they immediately labelled me as a junkie. Obviously not everyone's parents will react like that, but are you sure you want to take that risk? My dad doesn't even like the fact that I smoke weed, even though he was a huge stoner himself. I've seen many friends get kicked out of their houses because of drug use. Tripping with friends is probably way more fun anyway.

^BTW I've gotten blackout wasted with my parents. My point is, parents are very unpredictable when it comes to drugs, especially harder ones.

Yeah I've been around my parents while on a variety of substances...throwing up off my front porch from a night of drinking too much when I was 18 (they had a good laugh about that...it was absolutely miserable since I had to go back to work fishing the same day)...after shooting dope...snorting stimulants...popping tranquilizers...blah blah blah. Most of the time I handle my business well enough that they either don't know or don't care. I've only been around them while on LSD once (at the comedown of a trip, I was hanging out with a friend of mine but that individual had to go home and pack his things, as he was about to depart on a vacation). It was unusually awkward for me, and I'm not one who gets uncomfortable around my parents while in an "altered state".

Eventually I retired to my room for the night because I simply didn't want to be around them while my pupils were the size of dimes.

Why the negativity?

The only scenario in which it's a "bad idea" is if your parent has false preconceived notions of the dangers of drugs. If he's open to the truth, it's a great idea. Tripping together is a good way to strengthen your relationship.

I'm sure a few hundred years from now, when society has had some time to progress, parents will often introduce their children to mild doses of psychedelics in their teenage years.

Why are people assuming all parents are the same? My kids are young teenagers, and while I'm not encouraging them to become drug users just yet, I have put aside a gram of nice vintage MDMA for us to enjoy once they are 21.

I have a great relationship with my parents. I'm an adult who is sensible, responsible and successful, they can't really be too concerned with my recreational drug use as they are proud of me. While I enjoy LSD, im also wary of the type of person I would introduce to this drug. Given that my mum and dad are more champagne and brandy social drinkers I'd be loath to submit either to a 12 hour psychedelic journey. I'd be more likely to fill them full of nitrous and depending on their experience, a thick blast of dmt ;)

We don't even know how old OP is. Sure, there are some very open minded parents out there, but that doesn't mean it's a good idea for OP to test the waters and then potentially have to deal with the consequences. What if OP is like 16? I fucking love drugs but I wouldn't even drop acid with my siblings until they're 19/20. Not all preconceived notions about drugs are "false". Acid may be very safe physically, but a bad trip can be psychologicaly traumatizing. It's pretty understandable why most parents wouldn't be too happy about the notion of dropping acid with their kids. It's not as casual as smoking a bowl or having a beer.

But man, I fucking WISH my parents would give me a gram of vintage mdma on my 21st. That'd be sweet. I wish I could get my parents to drop a good, strong dose of acid on their own too. They could use a good mindfuck lol