• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

LSD ..what to eat before taking it /day before to potentiate it ?

Joker11789

Bluelighter
I can't recall but I know there's things to take to at least make sure you have a trip not necessarily potentiate but to help you have a proper amount of whatever when you trip ..

i know one of the brain chems like serotonin or dopamine would come into play but anyway ...

I'm just curious what I could get over the counter that will help .

like an LSD "diet" ... Don't eat the day of? Wait x amount of mins before eating etc..

Any my advice is helpful thnx and I've done LSD many times but it's been almost a year .

Anything ? Maybe 5http ? Or Phenibut the night before ? Multi V , protein shake , empty stomach , cig? Lol

None of that will affect the LSD experience. If you're health-conscientious I'd stay away from unhealthy foods the day of because you might be able to "feel" the shit you've eaten in your stomach, and then feel bad about it, then possibly want to throw up. But besides that, nothing's going to change it.

I like to have a good protein and fiber filled breakfast right before hand. Nothing like some good churiso and eggs... until it hits you with the shits while you're peaking lol. Just avoid the churiso. I feel bfast is the most important meal of any day. Eat one and you'll be ready to tackle the LSD trip head on.

Thnx for the responses so far but even the night before wouldn't help somehow ? I figure more of serotonin or dopamine or whatever in the brain the higher you can potentially get sort of ..

also don't want to eat anything that could result it less of an effect so I figure I won't eat at all ..is this a bad approach ..I plan to get good sleep though and hydrate just water , then me n my gf are taking them and we will see how It goes from there lol.

I'm not afraid of a bad trip ..I'm afraid of not tripping or wasting it /not getting the full effect due to "x" (random factor=x not x as in "xtc" lol ) .

Eat dude, fasting is pointless. Being on a full stomach and a generally healthy diet/lifestyle will reduce body load, but other than that do nothing to harm your trip. Why feel like shit if you can eat and still trip fine, even better?

I usually only eat 1000 calories a day maybe 1400 , I'm on adderall I've stopped just for LSD lol I know addys and clonazepam (Kpins) and temazepam (for sleep) aren't good to take too much before the day same with alcohol which is bad for everything lol .

i just don't eat much in use protein shakes and vitamins to meet daily intakes and have a fruit here or there and a steak or chicken cutlet for dinner .

I like to have a good protein and fiber filled breakfast right before hand. Nothing like some good churiso and eggs... until it hits you with the shits while you're peaking lol. Just avoid the churiso. I feel bfast is the most important meal of any day. Eat one and you'll be ready to tackle the LSD trip head on.

Eat dude, fasting is pointless. Being on a full stomach and a generally healthy diet/lifestyle will reduce body load, but other than that do nothing to harm your trip. Why feel like shit if you can eat and still trip fine, even better?

While your advice is good and all, it's not quite accurate or in line with the question the OP asked - to a degree, fasting can and will help with absorption of the LSD. Obviously it's not necessary to go 12 hours without eating something when 2 or so hours will be plenty, but suggesting fasting is "pointless" is slightly misleading. OP (or whomever reads this later) could assume they're perfectly fine with downing a banquet immediately prior...which would all but ruin the experience (IME) as it would take a while for the LSD to be absorbed while effectively contending with whatever food it's sitting in. Depending, there's a possibility that some may not even be absorbed considering the ridiculously small amount of active compound we're talking about here...you can't tell me there's no chance of some of it finding its way into a piece of corn or some shit, in turn coming out dat der pewper :p

Also chorizo and eggs are pretty much anything BUT fibrous. Sure, protein and all....along with a fuckload of fat causing digestion to slow, resulting in potentially more food still being digested for the LSD to compete for absorption with.

The above is broscience, btw. Just seems logical in my mind. Plus I'm very similarly minded to the OP - I want to ensure I get the most out of whatever I'm taking, and if things like fasting beforehand will likely assist with this, then I'm all for it - even if it's potentially silly.

Every acid head knows that lots of orange juice or anything containing lots of vitamin C boosts your trip.Back when I used to take a lot of acid my buddies and I always considered Sunny Delight to be the ultimate tripping orange juice/drink.And just so no one thinks this is just a myth that I pulled out of my ass,High Times said the same thing about vitamin C's effect on acid and shrooms(not that I'm saying everything they say is true,it is written by a bunch of stoners after all).The same article mentioned a B vitamin(I think B1 though I can't recall for sure)is supposed to reduce the effects of both.I'm kinda skeptical about the whole B vitamin thing because they can't even give someone medicine to make them stop tripping if they come into the ER freaking out.Pretty much all they can do is shoot you up with Thorazine and strap you to a bed.

Every acid head knows that lots of orange juice or anything containing lots of vitamin C boosts your trip.Back when I used to take a lot of acid my buddies and I always considered Sunny Delight to be the ultimate tripping orange juice/drink.And just so no one thinks this is just a myth that I pulled out of my ass,High Times said the same thing about vitamin C's effect on acid and shrooms(not that I'm saying everything they say is true,it is written by a bunch of stoners after all).The same article mentioned a B vitamin(I think B1 though I can't recall for sure)is supposed to reduce the effects of both.I'm kinda skeptical about the whole B vitamin thing because they can't even give someone medicine to make them stop tripping if they come into the ER freaking out.Pretty much all they can do is shoot you up with Thorazine and strap you to a bed.

True about the bad trip part ..although I always figure eating and some hydration plus calm your mind and any anti anxiety pill should do the trick but it doesn't as far as ive heard lol .

as for b vitamins ..they give energy so I'd expect them to be good not any negative effect odd..I'll have to look that article up thnk you.

While your advice is good and all, it's not quite accurate or in line with the question the OP asked - to a degree, fasting can and will help with absorption of the LSD. Obviously it's not necessary to go 12 hours without eating something when 2 or so hours will be plenty, but suggesting fasting is "pointless" is slightly misleading. OP (or whomever reads this later) could assume they're perfectly fine with downing a banquet immediately prior...which would all but ruin the experience (IME) as it would take a while for the LSD to be absorbed while effectively contending with whatever food it's sitting in. Depending, there's a possibility that some may not even be absorbed considering the ridiculously small amount of active compound we're talking about here...you can't tell me there's no chance of some of it finding its way into a piece of corn or some shit, in turn coming out dat der pewper :p

Also chorizo and eggs are pretty much anything BUT fibrous. Sure, protein and all....along with a fuckload of fat causing digestion to slow, resulting in potentially more food still being digested for the LSD to compete for absorption with.

The above is broscience, btw. Just seems logical in my mind. Plus I'm very similarly minded to the OP - I want to ensure I get the most out of whatever I'm taking, and if things like fasting beforehand will likely assist with this, then I'm all for it - even if it's potentially silly.
I mean I ate other stuff with it, that was just the best part. I'm not saying it was a great idea, but it was quite a while before I dosed. I just feel going in on an empty stomach entirely seems pointless to me, can you not take it sublingually?

Exactly why I just take things sublingually or buccally, regardless of what it is (assuming it can be absorbed via this ROA).

I can't understand why anyone would be happy with a sub-optimal ROA, knowing that they could have a better experience (while getting better bang for buck) with another. Just coz it's orally active, doesn't mean it has to be swallowed, nor does it mean it'll be fully absorbed.

I will agree though - chorizos and eggs would make for good additions to any breakfast feast :p

Thanks again for more info ...any thing at all helps ..I forgot a lot but I still know enough not to f up but I had to double check everything because I recalled a I believe MDMA "Diet" ..and wanted to see if there is ways to preload or whatever or potentiate lsd .

also thnx for the empty stomach thing I'm prolly gonna tell my girl to not eat an hour before since she handles less and takes less and I've done way way more lol .

It has just become rare around here and I really want to enjoy it and this will be her second or 3rd real trip and 5th time doing it (she bought and tried a really really weak batch before and she just didn't get high ..like a tease ..like if you need 8 shots to get drunk she got 5 lol) .

Hey any ideas on what to do ..we may be stuck in my room (so I already have ideas lol) got a nice flat screen and ps3/4 for music or movies (netflix too) .. But I've always liked being outside personally ..but my mom always asks so many questions it bugs my girl out to the point my girl won't leave my room to piss for hours until she absolutely has to lol ....(thank god that didn't cause a bad trip).

Re what to do: def go outside. Things like screens and video games seem like the worst shit to me on acid.

Re: vit C, pretty sure that's a myth, although orange juice is nice to drink while on psychedelics.

As for food, just eat normally, properly and healthy leading up to it, and the lightly for your last meal before the trip.

Have light snacks like fruit on hand for during your trip

Re what to do: def go outside. Things like screens and video games seem like the worst shit to me on acid.

Re: vit C, pretty sure that's a myth, although orange juice is nice to drink while on psychedelics.

As for food, just eat normally, properly and healthy leading up to it, and the lightly for your last meal before the trip.

Have light snacks like fruit on hand for during your trip

Thnx and I agree but it's going to be a struggle sadly to get outside lol

Vitamin C and orange juice is complete bollocks. It has absolutely no effect other than you've been told it does and you believe it. Classic placebomine.

IME the best thing you can do before an acid trip is to get a good workout in. Nothing too strenuous, mind you, just a little something to get the heart pumping and the sweat flowing. Note that this is coming from someone who absolutely loathes physical activity and will look for any excuse not to do any, so you know this is good advice ;)

Afterwards you can take a nice rejuvenating shower, eat a nutritious (but easily digestible) meal, take it easy for an hour or two, and boom, you'll be feeling amazing before the acid even touches your tongue.

Just eat well and get good rest and your trip should be plenty strong provided you have quality tabs.
I've heard about noopept potentiating the effects of LSD but I've tried the combo myself and not experienced anything out of the ordinary

Well,if the acid is good it doesn't need anything to potentiate it really.A good dose of quality acid is plenty strong on it's own.A couple hundred micrograms of good,clean LSD should have you nice and confused with good visuals and everything will be hilarious for no reason.If you feel the need for potentiation with acid it's probably not as strong as someone said it is.The problem with acid is that once you're tripping that's pretty much all you'll get out of it.Re-dosing only makes your trip longer,unless you eat a lot more,at least IME.That's why I was always afraid to eat just one lol.Of course,that led to some nights of having to reassure myself that it was just a trip and would be over at some point.Good times.