View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

LSD: Wait time for tolerance/safety between doses

epic11

Bluelighter
This is always my go-to question when asking about any new drug.

What is the wait time in between dosing LSD for brain safety and tolerance concerns. I saw the tolerance graphs, but im more interested in what is considered "Safe for the brain" waits between dosing LSD. (ex: for optimum effect and safety, dont dose mdma more than once every 3 months. 1 month is minimum)

LSD is supposed to be harmless to the brain and body.

More harmful to the psych than anything.

Tolerance iirc builds very quickly and if need be dose once a week.

For me personally I'd only do psychedelics 1-2 times a month. This is the best for keeping the "magic" IMO.

up to you but doing it often can cause some changes in perception that may be unwanted/wanted.

In all seriousness, psychedelics are the only drugs I can use heavily (2-4 times per week in strong doses) without any noticeable cognitive impairment.
If I smoke weed excessively or use opiates daily, I do notice impaired cognition. I get a 'head fog' that sometimes persists for up to 2 weeks after stopping. I never get this with psychedelics.

"Too much" for me would be if my intestines got clogged up with blotter paper.

^Thats weird, I feel little off after a LSD trip for a day or two.

Off in what way? Just "mind-blown" or actually mentally/physically drained?
I do find I need at least 7 hours of quality sleep after a psychedelic trip. As long as I get this, I feel absolutely fine the next morning.

not me, the day after an acid trip i feel completely back to normal and i'm like "man was i really tripping that hard just 14 hours ago?"

This is always my go-to question when asking about any new drug.

What is the wait time in between dosing LSD for brain safety and tolerance concerns. I saw the tolerance graphs, but im more interested in what is considered "Safe for the brain" waits between dosing LSD. (ex: for optimum effect and safety, dont dose mdma more than once every 3 months. 1 month is minimum)

your recommendation on MDMA is solid. less frequent is safer. with LSD i say at least 10 days. if you are taking psychedelics frequently you should taper from your cycle when you discontinue. consider tapering if you use them more than once each week.

can you explain?

I can use LSD once per week with no noticeable tolerance. I've done it more frequently than that, but tolerance will start to become an issue. Nowadays I probably average about twice per month, only because real life obligations make it difficult to set aside 12 hours every week.

Off in what way? Just "mind-blown" or actually mentally/physically drained?
I do find I need at least 7 hours of quality sleep after a psychedelic trip. As long as I get this, I feel absolutely fine the next morning.

Well, not exactly in a bad way. For example, driving a car felt like I had just got my licence and kinda it was new to me, even though I've been driving for years. Maybe my senses were still heightened a little bit. Anyway I usually like to drink a few beers after a trip next day to integrate back, get my feet back on the ground so to say.

I used to take LSD every weekend for a couple of years, and my experience was always a good one and to my knowledge it did no damage. Of course everyone is differant, so that may not work for you.