• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

LSD vs. Mushrooms

As others posted I find there to be more of a body load on mushrooms, once you eat them you trip very fast/hard as opposed to LSD where you gradually trip, and IME it's far easier to contact God or whatever you want to call him/her/it on mushrooms than LSD. I have had ego death on a high dose of LSD, and I had ego fragmentation on what most would consider a low/moderate dose of mushrooms or 2.0g. I had telepathy on mushrooms, and some of it on a high dose of LSD as well. You can get introspective or see things from a different viewpoint on both drugs; but it's easy to do this while completely sober too.

With LSD I have had experiences where it was more stimulating, and other ones where it was more calm.

I enjoyed both psychedelics when I used them. I stopped taking LSD when research chemicals being sold as "acid" first showed up on the scene more than a decade ago, and the L that was out there was a lot lower ug/mic'd and expensive per dose than it was when I was a teenager and it was strong and there was so much high dose acid people were giving it away for free.

I sort of see acid as more a breakthrough into celestial intellectual territory/"the Nous" and mushrooms as more an earth-based body trip. Mushrooms still do that visual fireworks thing, but for reasoning through problems or breaking through personality hangups, I think acid works a bit better. I suppose it all depends in which direction you'd like to travel.

Both are amazing drugs. L is usually more confusing, synthetic, and stimulating than shrooms. Shrooms are more dreamy, natural, and sedating.

i think that lsd is clearly the better drug for most people based on what i have read here and other places...

i have not tried lsd myself but i have tried shrooms and they were horrible... i mean... they actually didnt taste or smell that bad for me and ther were a couple of things about the trip that i enjoyed i guess but the whole trip in general was bad

in the beginning of the trip it was just awkwardness and worrying about people finding out that i was on it or cops rolling past and stuff... and during the peak i felt like i had brain damage and was talking to myself and thought that i was gonna be stuck like that forever... i thought that i had let my friends and family down and i wanted to cry but i couldnt...

i always wanted to try lsd and i still kinda do just cuz im curious but i think back to that shroom trip that i had and then i think ima have a bad time on lsd too but who knows

I haven't eaten mushrooms in over six years so I am definitely biased towards LSD, but I have had a handful of "bad" mushroom trips and only one "bad" acid trip. Maybe I was eating too many when I did eat them, but never exceeded a 7g mushroom dose. Average for me was maybe 2.0g. With LSD I have had good experiences on 25+ hits. I remember mushrooms sort of melting my brain into a puddle and a lot of sensory and mental confusion - where LSD normally has the opposite effect on me, heightening my awareness and perception rather than destroying it. I plan to have a few oz's of mushrooms soon and will be making some chocolates and will experiment again.

LSD for teh winrar tho imho

From the frequent discussion of this topic and my personal observation I have come to the conclusion that preference says something about the user. Some people prefer more sedating drugs while others prefer more stimulating ones. Obviously both shrooms and LSD have a huge fanbase and they both are very valuable and powerful psychedelics.

I personally find shrooms too sedating and prefer the more stimulating LSD. I get more valuable and pleasant trips more reliably from LSD than from shrooms. But for some this is the other way around.

Maybe but also in the opposite way. I hate stimulants on their own, I’m a downer guy. Benzos and opiates. Yet when it’s comes to psychedelics I like the more stimulating LSD not the more sedating shrooms, which is not what you’d expect from my “bad” drug preferences.

Holy Necrothread, Batman ♥️

Hmmm...

LSD over Mushrooms any day of the week. I like the quick motion come up and the energy that accompanies it. The peak I experience is far more complex geometrically (YMMV). It's really a matter of personal chemistry and preference, IMHO.

Not that I think it's better, just what I like 👍

Last edited:
Like them both. But if I must choose, its shrooms. I like to combine them though, first i take lsd. Then after maybe 4-6 hours i take shrooms. And if I want to make everything perfect, i snort quite big doses of ketamine with lsd and small bumps with shrooms. All three together I mean. Once the psychedelics are worn Off, i take nice warm blanket, turn Off the lights, make myself comfortable and take ketamine and K-hole few times before going bed. Perfect.

I agree. Music is so important, that my friends and I have often taken a trip that started to turn challenging and alter the course of the evening, just by changing the playlist. Very few challenging experiences can’t be helped by changing positions, rooms and music.

It depends on what I'm after. I love both. I trust LSD more because I know what it does because iv took more and in higher doses. It's predictable. The duration is getting harder as I get older tho. LSD is more mechanical for sure.

Mushrooms are more like a slow hit of DMT on high doses. Feels more natural but darker less bright. It's more similar to MDMA to me to with the body buzz. Darker imagery. But cleaner and the duration is perfect imo. I'm starting to gravitate towards mushrooms tho. High doses 10gs+ no tolerance is the way to go.

I love both. Mixing them is even better. 😁

Am really interested in people's opinion who have significant experience with both. What is the qualitative difference to those who have a lot of experience with both?
Besides my two experiences with inlandish Psilocybe's, Liberty caps, each experience was a relieve when it was over.
LSD in my youth I found overwhelming. But with aging and the Tryptamine's, Phenethylamine's still pains in the ass. Lysergic's have become my favorit most balanced psychedelic. Be it: AL-LAD or 1p-LSD, full on or halfway.

From the 3, Lysergic's was the most rewarding, side effect's free. And the most relaxing, happiest of the three.