View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

LSD vs. Mushrooms

MetanoiaMan

Bluelighter
Am really interested in people's opinion who have significant experience with both. What is the qualitative difference to those who have a lot of experience with both?

I find the body load too harsh with mushrooms, while LSD leaves you stimulated enough to do activities. For instance, when I take mushrooms, I find it hard to move beyond my bed or the floor; in contrast, when I take LSD I am capable of doing most anything. Once I went jet skiing and fishing with some friends for a whole day on LSD and it was probably the best day of my life. Another time I went to the zoo with my friend. Stuff like that, I can't do on mushrooms.

On top of that, while LSD has its fair share of introspection and connection to the universe, it seems to do it in a way that is much more clear and euphoric; I find that almost every mushroom trip I have, I spend a good two hours feeling sad and that life is pointless, only to feel better for the second half. With LSD, yes, there can be a bad body load or times where I feel down, but they are never as extreme as with mushrooms.

Mushrooms are also hard to ingest, plain and simple. An LSD tab is tasteless and comes on without doing much to the body, while mushrooms taste absolutely horrific, they smell weird, they're difficult to break down whole in the stomach, their texture is creepy, etc.

Lastly, LSD lasts hours longer, and because of this I think it is actually the more hardcore of the two. The extra hours spent tripping gives you more time to experience the peak and the concepts learned while tripping, as well as giving you more respect for a sober state of mind since it requires 12+ hours to finish an acid trip; mushrooms only demand 5-7 hours of your time, making me feel like those two hours spent feeling shitty were barely worth it. Maybe an hour of LSD trips are spent feeling shitty, with the other 11 being wonderful.

Just my opinions after years of tripping. I've probably taken LSD and mushrooms about the same number of times, and after a lot of thought, mushrooms have moved further and further down my list of favorite drugs, with LSD taking first, MXE taking second, and 2C-C/Mushrooms duking it out for third. I simply find synthetic drugs to remove many of the nasty requirements of psychedelic drug consumption (i.e. vile taste, stomach cramps, cold shivers, nausea, etc., all of which I associate with mushrooms and HBWR).

Last edited:
240, those unwanted side effects you feel are not apparent in everyone who does mushrooms, although I understand your point of view and realize you were just stating your opinion.

I can not vouch for, nor can I contest to LSD since I have not taken it, but mushrooms I have done a few times and have enjoyed myself for the most part. There were times when I felt nervous/anxious on them but those feeling subsided as I got deeper into the trip. Some people can't handle the effect mushrooms have on your mind, it can be VERY confusing at times. The second time I did mushies, I felt like I was going insane. My thoughts wouldn't stop, there were so many at once, and it was almost overwhelming, but it ended on a good note, and in my rational mind I knew it was the drugs effecting me so that minimized my worry.

The most noticeable body load I feel from mushrooms, is during the come-up, I usually feel pretty tired, almost sedated as I sit and wait for the effects. Usually once the visuals kick in and my thoughts return, I can get up and adventure a little, I've gotten pretty energetic during a mushroom trip actually. But I can see how some people would find them rather lethargic.

Sorry I couldn't weigh in on LSD, I really wish I could ;)

The come-up on Acid is easier to handle for me. It just makes me gassy and I fart a lot and just try to smoke weed. Then I launch into the acid headspace which moves in a circular motion. I find a lot on 1tab acid trips I wish I was higher. The body high for me on acid isn't any more euphoric than a pot high. I can become much more euphoric on weed than LSD. Even on 2 tabs the high isn't as great. I also hate the fact that weed does nothing for me on acid but help me eat. Acid also is too stimulating for me and I feel like a nervous wreck sometimes. Not anxious, just tension in the jaw and slight tremors. I have found acid has helped me have great thoughts and deep conversations about life and has provided me with a great outlook that I still to this day and stand by. It's been helpful with my reckless drug abuse as well.

The conclusion for acid is that I enjoy the headspace and love to use it as a party drug cuz I love dancing on LSD.

The shrooms come-up is a little heavier. The body sensations are stranger but once I'm up, the body high is fucking insane. Shrooms keeps me connected with this earth and helps me love what HE has provided for me. I often find myself hateful towards this world. The mental aspect isn't as intense but I am able to 'feel vibes' more on mushrooms. So I can sense things out really well. It's generally a more relaxing trip and doesn't leave me restless of wishing I was higher. It goes great with herb as I find it brings out the visuals more and eases my stomach. The nausea component has never been as bad as everyone says and I don't mind the taste at all. It has the perfect duration but is generally not a party drug. I love the fact that I can easily sleep on it. I've found it to be a lot like DMT with the colours of the visuals. It's more visual than LSD for me and not as taxing on the mind so I prefer it to LSD.

The conclusion for acid is that I enjoy the body-high and love to use it to reassure myself of the beauty in this world.

LSD is more stimulating and more euphoric IMO. Mushrooms have a tendency to have more dark feelings/thoughts but it can still be super euphoric if you work through the rough patches. With mushrooms the setting is best indoors or at a campsite if outdoors so you can have a place to laze around and do nothing, because they can be pretty sedating depending on the dose. I find LSD has a more cosmic feel and I feel more connected to the 'source'. The LSD headspace is also much more analytical where as mushrooms has a more earthy/spiritual feel that makes me appreciate the very simple things in life. The mushroom headspace is more sloppy and chaotic in comparison to LSD IMO. LSD also seems to just give me a rediculous grin and makes me super euphoric, however mushrooms just make me feel so care free and extremely giggly leading to its euphoria. LSD has no taste but mushrooms taste never bothered me. LSD is more suited for outdoors or when physical activities are possible IMO as well.

Just my 2 cents of differences.

Just to make it clear, I've had all great trips on mushrooms; it's just that my trips on LSD have been substantially better. Plus the ease of ingestion of course... thinking about eating mushrooms makes me lose my appetite pretty quick...

Why does there have to be a vs.?

I like them both,....together...... with copious amounts of N2O and cannabis :)

When I compare my magic mushrooms experiences with my LSD experiences, I have to recognize, that the mushrooms were much mire intensivly than LSD! But maybe the reason therefore is that shrooms can better dosaged than unknown LSD and so some people dont want to take such high unknown LSD-dosages?! And when I compare this with other drug-users, it is an often attitude. Look on reddits discussion or others experiences too:
"When I took 7 dry grams of magic mushrooms, the effect was so much higher than any LSD trip I throw in. Nearly every time taken 7g shrooms you will get reliably ego-dead trips with deleting the "I" in your mind [source]"
But I really want to test out sometimes a really HIGH dosage LSD - I am of course a little be afraid, maybe you can tell me how one could avoid overdosages?

^I think you have a point that people often don't have reliably known doses of LSD, nor are they willing to take such high doses. I've seen a man piss himself on two tabs of LSD, it certainly gets at least as hardcore as your average mushie journey. Being that I've had access to both in large quantities, I still feel LSD to be the more profound, especially so in its ability to amplify the pleasure of experiencing music. My roommate once said, "It sounds like it's coming from the other side," and I think that about sums up music while on acid.

The easiest way is to get a sheet of blotters that are evenly dosed and just work your way up; I've been working my way up on a sheet I have. But I remember my hardest trip ever, I just dove in at three doses without realizing what I was getting into. My mind felt like it was shattered into a million pieces and was suddenly able to comprehend the entire universe. Never on mushrooms did I feel I could literally 'wrap my head' around the universe in such a way. It was pure, blissful, god-like understanding of all things, all at once. Truly amazing.

Just to make it clear, I've had all great trips on mushrooms; it's just that my trips on LSD have been substantially better. Plus the ease of ingestion of course... thinking about eating mushrooms makes me lose my appetite pretty quick...

Yeah the message you were sending was clear, I was just kind of adding to it. I hope my response didn't make you feel like I steamrolled your initial message, that was not my intention. I know some people that get nauseous just from the mention of mushrooms as well, haha.

I, on the other hand, have never been too nauseous after eating them. Everybody's different, and this kind of 'vs.' debate could go on until the end of time. This topic is entirely subjective; to know what you like best, you'll have to try them both for yourself and decide.

LSD is a million times better than mushrooms. Natural drugs are not even comparable to real psychedelics. Now, if you were comparing psilocine and psilocybine to LSD, it might be a good thing to compare... But mushrooms? Really?

LSD is more stimulating & lasts longer.

Mr Nexus, where do you think psilocin comes from? Why would synthetic psilocin be better than organic? What makes you say that mushrooms, dmt, etc are not real psychedelics?

It's only random chance that there isn't a (discovered) natural source for LSD or other synthetic drugs.

Ive had plenty experience with lsd and shrooms and i prefer shrooms. I like the body high from shrooms more because it feels like the power of the sun is inside my body with natural feeling strong euphoria and energy. I like the shroom trip better because the visuals are more organic and the feelings and connections i have make me feel like a spirit. I can communicate with objects and plants in their dimension. To me shrooms are more beneficial, spiritual and therapeutic. For me lsd feels more recreational compared to shrooms. I love them both but i love shrooms more. Shrooms are the most mind and soul blowing experience that i have ever had.

LSD works as an agonist at all dopamine receptor subtypes as well as being a 5HT psychedelic. It is quite unique in this regard, but it's hardly surprising given that LSD is a lysergamide.
As everyone else has mentioned, LSD is very stimulating. It has a manic edge to it.

I agree AA, but I have had doses that sedate the shit out of me. I've fallen asleep after like 7 hours before just because I was so at peace. Some batches really stimulate me though for like 16 or so hours. I know the LSD purity thing is a touchy subject but it seems strange to me. I don't know if it's a different isomer or what? 8(

I agree AA, but I have had doses that sedate the shit out of me. I've fallen asleep after like 7 hours before just because I was so at peace. Some batches really stimulate me though for like 16 or so hours. I know the LSD purity thing is a touchy subject but it seems strange to me. I don't know if it's a different isomer or what? 8(
A lot of people on here (myself included) have noticed the same thing. "Good" acid is crazy stimulating and feels extremely clean, with zero body load. "Inferior" acid is less stimulating and has a minor body load. Nobody knows why.

A lot of people on here (myself included) have noticed the same thing. "Good" acid is crazy stimulating and feels extremely clean, with zero body load. "Inferior" acid is less stimulating and has a minor body load. Nobody knows why.

The difference probably has as much to do with individual body chemistry, mindset, and setting as it does with the LSD itself. The fact that you're using the same chemical doesn't guarantee that the experience will be the same every time.

The difference probably has as much to do with individual body chemistry, mindset, and setting as it does with the LSD itself. The fact that you're using the same chemical doesn't guarantee that the experience will be the same every time.

I agree, and i can't confirm for LSD, but for other RCs i've taken, your mindset and body chemistry matter so incredibly much, it doesn't even feel like taking the same drug sometimes.

So i completely get the point that all this "good acid" vs. "bad acid", is just people experiencing the supposed differences in different ways.

Well, I'm not trying to get into the debate really, but from someone who's taken a lot of LSD I think there is more to it than that.

LSD is a man made chemical but it is of course derived from Ergot mold which in some degree is similar to the psychoactive ingredient in the many varieties of mushroom.

Some mushrooms are stronger then others, some LSD is synthed cleaner then others. In that degree both have variables the user will not likely be able to control until he or she has tested out the batch

As far as consumption, blending mushrooms into a smoothie made with citrus fruit and no dairy will make eating them a bit easier on the belly.

Niether substance should be consumed on a full stomach in my opinion. Like don't eat Dinner and then decide 15 minutes later "lets do this" wait at least 3 to 4 hours after a meal, and either way the issues people have with belly issues should be negated.

LSD feels like a chemical, it will give you some speedy energy, it can give you a rush, it can at normal doses make you social. It makes you want to take a walk, makes you want to do something..... go to a club, listen to music. Close eye visuals have more of a clockwork coliediscope effect, they are structured some how, and can be influenced easily by music. My most intense CEV's were the clockwork of the world being utterly and totally controlled by the Greatful Dead. At the center of it all was a circular spear like structure that had some numbers

Mushrooms feel more organic, and once you get past the initial come up, the body high is more chill, you can sit still, or you can motivate, but everything slows down IMO, visuals feel far less organized, far less structured. most people do see some kind of organic thing rather then clockwork. My most intense mushroom CEV were alien like heads and faces morphing out of a cool lava light like world. It was intense and had a green yellow glow.