• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

LSD vs Iso-LSD

iso-LSD is an inactive isomer of LSD so it's pretty much worthless unless you're a chemist who plans to convert it back to regular LSD.
LSD is very active and the king of all psychedelics.

iso-LSD is an inactive isomer of LSD so it's pretty much worthless unless you're a chemist who plans to convert it back to regular LSD.
LSD is very active and the king of all psychedelics.

I would like to meet that chemist.

And it is the difference between isomers, there's a lot of them and lsd has 4 or 6 can't remember don't feel like looking.

According to Energy Control, iso-LSD is not just inactive, but also inhibits the action of LSD:

Probably the iso-LSD do lose a little power from your tripi. ;-).

Some info:
The ISO-LSD LSD is an isomer that inhibits the effects of LSD, which may reduce some power would be expected from these doses.

So, if you have a blotter containing both LSD and iso-LSD, the dosage is lower than if you take just LSD. That's just according to Energy Control, since I am trying to locate any section of literature confirming it, and I've just found this on erowid: https://www.erowid.org/chemicals/lsd/lsd_info8.shtml

p5:
> It is possible that iso-LSD may block LSD effects somewhat and inhibit the
> cosmic trips that can result from high doses; this is however unproven.

I've had blotters of around 85 ug including a big dosage of iso-LSD (around 100ug), and the effect of these blotters were below to 50ug in my subjective bio-assays. I would love to know about other people having these -analyzed- substances on a blotter... did you ever had the same experience than me?

I would like to meet that chemist.

And it is the difference between isomers, there's a lot of them and lsd has 4 or 6 can't remember don't feel like looking.
If you google "converting ISO lsd to lsd" an excerpt from erowid is the first link.

I think it is a little active. That's what I remember Nichols saying.

Good question. Do we know the exact mechanism by which iso-LSD blocks the action of LSD?

It might probably be a 5-HT2/5-HT3 antagonist, I think that due lack of studies regarding this matter, it's just an unproven theory; but if Energy Control confirms it, it's probably because they may have some literature proving it.

In any case, my personal opinion is that it *effectively* lowers the action of LSD if administered at the same time.

So, does this explain 'bad acid'? Does anybody have any literature about the effects of iso-lsd? Is it possible it has peripheral effects but doesn't cross the blood brain barrier?

So, does this explain 'bad acid'? Does anybody have any literature about the effects of iso-lsd? Is it possible it has peripheral effects but doesn't cross the blood brain barrier?

The only effects I was noticing was that I was not feeling as 'tripping' with 2,5 tabs of 85ug of LSD + around 100ug iso-LSD (tested). I would say that the equivalent trip was something like between 75ug and 125ug. No time distortion, just visuals. I got slept in the half of the trip, and I woke up 5-6 hours later still having some visual effects.

As far as I remember it's the result of a poor synthesis of LSD.

I think it may be produced in any synthesis, but it's possible for it to be separated & converted to LSD, although some (most?) illicit chemists don't do that last step.

I believe you convert iso-lsd to lsd by leaving it in a dark cupboard mixed with orange peel and special brew for 6 months. Voila, a pint of pure sandoz LSD ;)

Or you can search Google & see how to do it in the first few links. Did you wake up still drunk, Ismene?