View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

LSD urinary issues

PredatorVision

Bluelighter
The other day I took 250mcg of blotter LSD with a friend and I experienced a recurring problem I have with higher doses of the drug; It doesn't seem to matter how much I've had to drink before I drop I always need to take a whizz as soon as I start to get the body feeling, almost as though it was stimulating my bladder, or atleast my brain into thinking that I needed the toilet?

I had to urinate four times in six hours and it became harder as I wasn't drinking anything except a very small amount of water which I was mostly using to wash out the wierdness from my mouth; though the need to urinate still lingered in my body a bit and felt pretty uncomfortable, at certain points I almost had a feeling of pins and needles in my thigh as well - closer to my groin area which became a little irritating though disappeared after a few minuites (I've also had this before after taking a piss on LSD)

Has anyone else had anything similar to this? im sort of under the impression it's more due to my own body rather than an experiance everyone gets, perticularly as I had a kidney condition about two years ago (Nephritis of the right kidney) though there are no lasting negative after effects, or any pains atall so there's no immediate reason for me to think that it's related.. it's kind of like my my brain is over stimulating my bladder.

I would attribute this to being more conscious of your body while under the influence. Also, I believe that there is a strong connection between the body and the mind--because you had a kidney issue in the past it's likely that you were thinking about it (maybe even subconsciously) and thus were more attuned to the physical cue to urinate. While sober, you could ignore the cue more easily or not even notice it.

That same sort of thing has happened to me when on acid before, too. I get a weird, uncomfortable feeling in my dick and then I keep thinking I need to pee, even though after the first couple times I barely have anything left to pee out.

yeah I think you guy's are right; I get the exact opposite effect on Ketamine, extreme bladder retention. Though I think this is all down to the fact that since my kidney problem I've always been concious about my urinary system; I'd guess that LSD enhances this conciousness.

I usually have to take a piss about 5-10 times before falling asleep on lsd. :\

Doesn't LSD constrict your bladder or something like that? So that you pee more often.

i sometimes get bladder shy when im tripping.

At times it has become quite a pain (physically and mentally)

i think it may be due to the stimulant effect of LSD - speed/coke/caffeine tend to do the same thing to me..

also if you subscribe to the notion of toxin cleansing while you are mind cleansing, the urination could be due to stimulation of toxins being released from stored tissue in your body. if this is the case, then you should definitely be drinking MORE water when it starts occurring, to assist your kidneys. you should know better than to dehydrate yourself.

Happens to me a lot while stoned. I couldn't figure it out, but it seems pretty common while in altered states that can cause anxiety.

Happens to me on LSD and mushrooms and similar things -- I've noticed it's directly proportional to the cleanliness/publicness of the toilet so I'd go with the anxiety theory.

LSD is not a stimulant.

It has stimulant effects, especially as it acts on dopamine and adrenal receptors as well as serotonin. Pretty much all 5ht2A psychedelics arre stimulants as well.

May just be me, but when I was on LSD (~ 200ug), I had trouble identifying the "need' to urinate, same goes for the feelings of hunger.

May just be me, but when I was on LSD (~ 200ug), I had trouble identifying the "need' to urinate, same goes for the feelings of hunger.

Yeah this happens on all psychedelics. Your bladder and digestive system still send the signals to your brain that you need to piss, shit, or eat but they feel different while tripping. You should learn to recognize what those feelings are and take care of them while tripping. It can be easier to just ignore it but you will feel better without that vaguely uncomfortable feeling. Unfortunately, some psychedelics make food completely unappetizing and a chore to eat even if you know you should eat. Juice helps with this, although all that sugar is not spectacularly healthy. I think it is best to take care of these physiological necessities as much as possible on the comeup (or before administering the drug for short comeups like smoked DMT) so they do not become (as much) of an issue.

Adds agreement about stimulating effects caused by LSD :)

Caffeine, on the other hand, makes me you rhine ate a lotte.

I only had the need to pee a lot on mushrooms, if the anxiety thing is true it makes sense. I always found them a tad uncomfortable (plus they were my first trips & had no clue as to what to expect.).